Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Vasooki-land Owner

Re: test track in tomorrowland

Another case in point: Autopia. Fun for the kids, but simply nothing to do with the future.
    It did in walts time though.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    How about something that has to do with the future in Tomorrowland?
    Thank you Chad! I fully agree.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

If that ever happened, they better not cut corners. Like they did with Rocket Rods. It was retrofitted on a flat track with no banked turns and broke down everyday. Two years after its opening, its shut down for good. As much as I loved Rocket Rods, I don't know if we might see anything like that in the near future unless they really think it throughly.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Back in the day when Disneyland was the only park, I could see something like Test Track existing in Tomorrowland. Fast forward to the present, and having ridden it a few times, I'd say no.

Being a crash test dummy isn't a "hope" for the future nor was it that fun. Weeeee 60 mph!

Plus with the Radiator Springs Racers at DCA and land at a premium in Disneyland, I'd say let's have something different there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hall Of Promise

We are getting Radiator Springs Racers. From what I've been told it will be far better than Test Track. But that is just an opinion from a kind friend within WDI, I don't believe she is working on the project but is looking at it closely.

Nonetheless, with RSR just a few years away there is no need for Test Track, which I find to only have an alright but rather simple storyline. I would rather have something more compelling along the lines of Journey to the Center of the Earth. Test Track was a wonderful way to introduce the ride concept, but we can do better story wise.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I say no to Test Track also. Seems RSR will be a better themed version and more technologically advanced than TT, also. We don't need more copy cat clones, and RSR will have the twist to make it something other than a clone.

TL has other priorities anyway.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I say not to Test Track too....like Chad/Ashee was saying "put the future in Tomorrowland".

I find it odd, how the Tomorrowland of 1967 can seem so much more futuristic than the Tomorrowland we have today.......it's quite odd.

So, I have to ask "What were the Imagineers doing then that gave us the 1967 Tomorrowland? What was their mindset? Can we get that mindset back so we can make for a prosperous world of Tomorrow?"

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    i think tomorrowland should add test track. It's a very futuristic ride and will fit with the theme.
    I don't think of it as a futuristic ride, and I would hate something to be built in Tomorrowland that will furthur bastardize the theme. Also, it's just to big to fit into tomorrowland.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I say not to Test Track too....like Chad/Ashee was saying "put the future in Tomorrowland".

I find it odd, how the Tomorrowland of 1967 can seem so much more futuristic than the Tomorrowland we have today.......it's quite odd.

So, I have to ask "What were the Imagineers doing then that gave us the 1967 Tomorrowland? What was their mindset? Can we get that mindset back so we can make for a prosperous world of Tomorrow?"
    The main difference between the Tomorrowland of today and the Tomorrowland of 1967 has everything to do with the mindset of the Imagineers and nothing else.

Tomorrowland has always presented the future as something to strive for. That thanks to technology some day everyone will live in peace and happiness.

The last sentence above is the one element that is missing from today's Tomorrowland, and one that unfortunately either we have all forgotten or choose to ignore.

Tomorrowland should not be about future technology and that's it. What Tomorrowland really should represent is our hope for a better Tomorrow using technology we are already familiar with. It should show the guest that by using our imagination we can develop a future using technology that will result in a bright and prosperous Tomorrow, similar to the one being presented. Once WDI decides to present this concept again, only then will we have a Tomorrowland that is truly unified and presents a single statement of the future.

• failure for lunch

Tomorrowland has been losing its direction as the rides come and go.
    Am I in the land of the future, a Pixar film, or a land inspired by Jules Verne?..
    I don't know anymore.

A ride like Test Track, feels like it would be the nail in the coffin of Tomorrowland's
    thematic mess.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

They had a Test Track, it was called Rocket Rods. Weren't they testing RR to see if Test Track would work (or a clone of it) at Epcot?

Regardless, Carsland will end the thought of a Test Track in Tomorrowland. Plus there is no room for it. I'm beginning to wonder how this new E-Ticket Baxter wants to do will fit in Tomorrowland. How far back he's willing to go into backstage is what I mean.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder how this new E-Ticket Baxter wants to do will fit in Tomorrowland. How far back he's willing to go into backstage is what I mean.
    It'd probably replace Innoventions, methinks. That's a sizable bit of real estate, and it'd be nice if a higher-capacity, more popular attraction were there instead. The backstage areas adjacent to Tomorrowland are not big...not much room to spare.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It'd probably replace Innoventions, methinks. That's a sizable bit of real estate, and it'd be nice if a higher-capacity, more popular attraction were there instead. The backstage areas adjacent to Tomorrowland are not big...not much room to spare.
    Well I wonder how that will be. Little Mermaid looks to be HUGE and it's not even an E-Ticket (well to me more like a D-Ticket). Innoventions is big but not big enough for me.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Well I wonder how that will be. Little Mermaid looks to be HUGE and it's not even an E-Ticket (well to me more like a D-Ticket). Innoventions is big but not big enough for me.
    How is The Little Mermaid not going to be an E-ticket? They're investing a lot of money and space into it. It's supposed to be an all-out spectacle. As for the space occupied by Innoventions...it's reasonably big. If a multilevel show building were used, it could be comparable in size to the Haunted Mansion. Innoventions is about 41,000 square feet; the Haunted Mansion, including the facade and underground queue, is about 44,000...and the track never passes over itself. Also, the area used by Innoventions could be expanded by making the new show building pass over the railroad tracks.

• :)

enough of the fuss, let's just bring back Rocket rods..Rocket Rods that don't break.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast