Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

i love the EP. i'm fine with leaving it in DCA, actually, because I agree that DCA needs something that has a history and connects to people since it's had such a rough go the past decade. i'm sure that if they're making a whole new parade for the 55th that they'll want to show it twice a day in DL anyway, and as far as i'm concerned, the more quality parades i can watch in each park, the better.
    i would really like the blue fairy to stay though. i know people confuse her with cinderella, and when they think of fairies they think of tink, but it's really nice to see her since she's from one of the oldest disney movies in the animated canon. she's really pretty and a very nice heroine-princess-type that i think people should stay exposed to! definitely one of my favorite pretty-disney-girls.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    OK. I'm sure you're thinking "what's this guy talking about? It's not the Main Street Electrical Parade anymore!" or "Who cares what this guy thinks?" Either way, I'm still continuing. First off, I heard that the MSEP might move back to DL park for the 55th. Great! Exactly what I wanted! Just a few things I'd like for Disney to make:

1. I heard they might replace the Blue Fairy for Tinker Bell! I don't like this idea. The Blue Fairy is the only original character from the original 1972 MSEP! I'm not sure it's the same float, and it's probably not, but they need to keep originality in MSEP.

2. I also heard they might change the music for the DreamLights music. No! The music from DML (my abreviation of DreaMLights) I think it stinks! I sound like they recorded it off a cheap $20.00 keyboard from a thrift store!

3. As you've probably figured out by now, I'd change the name back to the Main Street Electrical Parade if they move it back to DL park.

4. This next one is very simple. I heard that the Pinocchio Pleasure Island and Snow White Diamond Mine are coming back to the DL resort. Here comes the simple part- I really hope that's true.

5. Finally, I heard that they might add effects to the parade. I do not yet have an opinion on this yet, but I will keep you posted.

I hope they'll move the MSEP back to DL before the 55th, and all they do is add the Pleasure Island and Diamond Mine back, call it MSEP again, and that's it. What do you readers think?
    I TOTALLY agree with you on these issues and as a longtime fan of the Electrical Parade, I feel the same way. Move it back to DL and as far as music goes, TDLEP Dreamlights was a creation for Tokyo DL so it should STAY there, music and all. I grew up with the Don Dorsey/Jim Christensen/Paul Beaver soundtrack and it should remain.

I sure hope the Pinocchio and the remaining Snow White units get reinstated to the parade.

And for Pete's (Dragon's) sake, leave the Blue Fairy alone! Tinker Bell is good but how much spotlight does she need? Why can't we have the Swans from Tokyo instead (that is, of Hong Kong will have a version opening soon)?

That's my 5 cents....

I'm all for technology upgrades. But too much change as far as the actual show is concerned is bad imo.

• The one, the only...

The unit of the Mine train was always a big crowd pleaser with all the jewels sparkling at night! The float was used at the Hollywood Bowl each year for the 4 of July Disney spectacular. I am sure that transporting that over there took its toll on the float.

The Pinocchio section was less popular. While I love the music and of course Jiminy, I would not mind to have a new parade unit from an appropriate new Disney movie. Any movie that had a great night scene would work. Even an underwater scene from Nemo or Little Mermaid would be different and exciting.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Addicted to MC since '08

Welcome to MiceChat!

I agree with you completely on most things, but moving it back to Disneyland is an iffy for me. There are pros and cons for both sides in my opinion.

• (Not a) New User

Yeah. That'd be awesome. Those swans are really cool and big. And you guys wanted to know what I'm doing this Christmas? OK! Don't blame me if you get mad! It was on kinda supposed to be something for me and my friends, but I'll say anyway. And you can join if you live in the area. Ok. Here I go... I have a go-kart that has a thing where I can power stuff by turning gas in the engine into power. In this plug-in thing I can put in a power converter where I can plug in stuff like, say, a radio/boombox or say... Christmas lights? Yes. I can plug lights into my go-kart. For more info go to:

http://www.freewebs.com/roundlakeelectricalparade/

If you can't get through the link, cut and paste it. We are running a sample performance all throughout the Oct. 3 weekend, without a cast, costumes, and possibly even lights! I think we'll just play the music and run the parade through the planned route. If you live in the Klamath Falls, Oregon area, come to Round Lake, and we'll see you there!

the pinocchio floats and mine float have been delivared to disneyland!

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    the pinocchio floats and mine float have been delivared to disneyland!

Really? Sweet! When are they adding them into the parade? Are they changing the lights like they did with all the other units during the 9-month hiatus?

• Special Agent

1. I heard they might replace the Blue Fairy for Tinker Bell! I don't like this idea. The Blue Fairy is the only original character from the original 1972 MSEP! I'm not sure it's the same float, and it's probably not, but they need to keep originality in MSEP.
    I think replacing the blue fairy with tink makes perfect sense. They need characters that can relate to current audience. During the run of the electrical parade, floats were replaced and changed out many times to promote current movies and trends - and I don't see why that shouldn't be true today.

The idea of the parade was to connect to the audience. I'm guessing that half the audience doesn't really know or understand the floats in the parade. Pete's Dragon is a throwback to the 1970s and I'd guess more people know King Leonidas as the spartan in 300.

2. I also heard they might change the music for the DreamLights music. No! The music from DML (my abreviation of DreaMLights) I think it stinks! I sound like they recorded it off a cheap $20.00 keyboard from a thrift store!
    That's funny, because the original MSEP soundtrack really was made on a cheap keyboard you could probably find at a yard sale for $20.

The Dreamlights soundtrack is awesome. Much better than the original. But it still pales in comparison to the other fully orchestrated scores such as Fantasmic, Fantillusion and Light Magic.

3. As you've probably figured out by now, I'd change the name back to the Main Street Electrical Parade if they move it back to DL park.
    I doubt the parade will ever go back to Disneyland. Unless Disney was willing to scale down their firework show. The current entertainment offerings at Disneyland will not allow for a night time parade, and frankly I'd rather have "Remember Dreams Come True" than a throwback parade from the Nixon Administration.

4. This next one is very simple. I heard that the Pinocchio Pleasure Island and Snow White Diamond Mine are coming back to the DL resort. Here comes the simple part- I really hope that's true.
    I think a bigger priority would be adding Toy Story, Cars and the Little Mermaid.

5. Finally, I heard that they might add effects to the parade. I do not yet have an opinion on this yet, but I will keep you posted.
    Why not wait until they fix the parade before passing judgement on it?

• (Not a) New User

Cool Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Here's what I just thought about Tink. If they add Tink at all, they should take her off the pirate ship and put her in the Peter Pan section. But if they do add her in the front, they should at least put her at like the back of the Pleasure Island units, which I hear are in DLR right now.

"I think replacing the blue fairy with tink makes perfect sense. They need characters that can relate to current audience."
    ~~~MrLiver

Yes. That's what they did at it's run at DL, always adding new things in. But the thing is, Tink has been in the parade all along! She's on top of the Pirate Ship unit, spinning around! And she's not that new anyway. Peter Pan came out in the 50's I think.
    Last edited by DisneyKid1994; 09-27-2008 at 06:21 PM.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

As unAmerican as this is going to make me sound I think the float that needs to get retired is the last float with the American flag and eagle. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but it's how I feel.

Here are a couple ideas I have for the Electrical Parade:

- Sleeping Beauty where Auro's gown could change colors via lights on her dress. Prince Eric could perhaps be slaying Maleficant. Although this could be too similar to Fantasmic! and could jeapordize Elliot's (Pete's dragon) place due to the redundency (sp?) of two dragons in the parade.

- Another option could be a huge space scene involving LOADS of stars and galaxies with Stitch flying in a spaceship. If done right and enough money was pumped into this scene it could truly impress loads of people. On top of that the Electrical Parade music could easily be turned futuristic so blending Stitch in with the music shouldn't be a problem.

- Mulan could have an amazing segment. Asian cultures are full of so many vibrant and energetic celebrations that it almost seems silly why this film hasn't been featured in this parade yet.

- Then we could also have...pardon the pun...a whole new float dedicated to the movie, Aladdin. Imagine a MASSIVE Cave Of Wonders leading the way with the magic lamp glowing from inside followed by a balcony with Princess Jasmine, Aladdin, Abu, and Genie all gathered round while Raja tries to bite Jafar down below.

Those are just a few of my ideas.

- Joe
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 09-27-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Adding stuff.

• Far too curious

I have a tiny problem with your post, Quacky4Donald, and that is that Aurora's Prince's name is Phillip. Eric is Ariel's prince >___<

However, I do love your ideas. Back on subject of the Sleeping Beauty idea, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get rid of Elliot and Pete, since no one really knows who they are anymore. I think a Mulan unit would be incredible. That movie was amazing, and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves, anymore.

• (Not a) New User

I have an idea. Move MSEP back to DL like I've been ranting on about. Then make a brand new parade for DCA's 10th anniversary, maybe the same music, involving all units formerly used at MSEP's run, like It's a Small World, Disney's Neon Finale (I saw that on YouTube- awesome units!) maybe the Briny Deep section, and some brand new units featuring old Disney Classic animated features, like Little Mermaid, Pochahontas, Mulan, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, ect. I don't really consider Pixar movies, Disney movies. They just don't have that Disney magic feel to it. I mean, how cool would it be if they had a bunch of canoes all lit up like Smee's boat in MSEP. I don't think you can match that with Pixar.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    I have a tiny problem with your post, Quacky4Donald, and that is that Aurora's Prince's name is Phillip. Eric is Ariel's prince >___<

However, I do love your ideas. Back on subject of the Sleeping Beauty idea, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get rid of Elliot and Pete, since no one really knows who they are anymore. I think a Mulan unit would be incredible. That movie was amazing, and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves, anymore.
    Thats why they need to release the "Main Street Electrical Movies set"; a box set that features all of the movies represented in the parade. Then, people will know who the Dragon or Elliot is...

Of course, that'll never happen....

Talking Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Yeah. That'd be awesome. Those swans are really cool and big. And you guys wanted to know what I'm doing this Christmas? OK! Don't blame me if you get mad! It was on kinda supposed to be something for me and my friends, but I'll say anyway. And you can join if you live in the area. Ok. Here I go... I have a go-kart that has a thing where I can power stuff by turning gas in the engine into power. In this plug-in thing I can put in a power converter where I can plug in stuff like, say, a radio/boombox or say... Christmas lights? Yes. I can plug lights into my go-kart. For more info go to:

http://www.freewebs.com/roundlakeelectricalparade/

If you can't get through the link, cut and paste it. We are running a sample performance all throughout the Oct. 3 weekend, without a cast, costumes, and possibly even lights! I think we'll just play the music and run the parade through the planned route. If you live in the Klamath Falls, Oregon area, come to Round Lake, and we'll see you there!
    Wow you're the first person I've run into on Micechat that's from the Klamath Falls area too. I wish my work schedule would let me get out to try and see your parade but it's just not possible right now.
    Matthew

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast