Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Thats why they need to release the "Main Street Electrical Movies set"; a box set that features all of the movies represented in the parade. Then, people will know who the Dragon or Elliot is...

Of course, that'll never happen....
    Yeah... Um... Elliott IS the dragon. Pete is the kid. Hence Pete's Dragon.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    I have a tiny problem with your post, Quacky4Donald, and that is that Aurora's Prince's name is Phillip. Eric is Ariel's prince >___<

However, I do love your ideas. Back on subject of the Sleeping Beauty idea, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get rid of Elliot and Pete, since no one really knows who they are anymore. I think a Mulan unit would be incredible. That movie was amazing, and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves, anymore.
    OMG...could I have been anymore stupid? :smacks forehead: I knew that. LOL I know I was half-asleep when I posted and I am getting over a cold so does that get me any slack? LOL

Anyway...as much as I would HATE for Elliot to be removed if it would mean a BETTERMENT (is that even a word) for the parade then I would be content. AS LONG AS HIS REPLACEMENT WAS OF EQUAL OR BETTER CALIBUR (sp?).

- Joe

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Please bear in mind that I am 52 years old, and yes when it comes to my beloved Disneyland, it's hard for me to let go of things long past.

I have loved this parade since 1972.

I remember so many nights picking out my favorite spot near the Main Street train station.

As it got darker, the drama would build.

Then, you'd see the Blue Fairy making her way around the hub area, and sections of lights going out one by one....til you heard the chill of the synthesizer...and all the lights go out...I get chills just thinking about it.

To me, the Main Street Electrical Parade had a context within that park. For me, watching the parade at DCA is nice, but having seen it for so long at DL, there's just no "there" there, if you can understand me. I don't know how else to explain it.

Let me wrap up this long ramble by saying yes, I acknowledge that these parades create logistical problems in the old park. But they used to run the parade at 8:50 and 11 or 11-30 each summer night, with an admittedly less intricate fireworks show at 9-30.

Cam we add technogical improvements, while staying in the framework of the parade? And please keep the baroque hoedown theme.

I hope some of this has made sense.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Yeah... Um... Elliott IS the dragon. Pete is the kid. Hence Pete's Dragon.
    Oops, right! I guess I need to watch that movie again...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, RB, I agree that the Blue Fairy is really the Ambassador for the MSEP. And in the same respect, Tinkerbell is the Ambassador for the Fireworks show. Tink doesnt need to be at the forefront of both shows. Especially since she is already displacing Ariel.

• Minion

I like the idea of the parade returning to DL. The atmosphere just seems better for it than at DCA (or maybe I just got used to it being at DL, growing up seeing it there.)

Would Tinkerbell be as large as the Blue Fairy is in the parade? Sure, the Blue Fairy wasn't that big in the movie, but she was at least pretty big compared to Pinnochio. Having a human performer play Tink is already a considerable size increase - any larger would be kind of bizarre. Also, I don't like the idea of the clique of most-popular-and-merchandisable characters edging out all the slightly lesser-known ones. And doesn't Tink already appear in the parade, appropriately scaled down, on the Peter Pan float? And isn't she already prominently featured on the Mickey floral out front, and in the fireworks, and Soarin', and (soon) Pixie Hollow, and probably "small world", and everywhere else.

I suggest that, in the unthinkable event the classic original music is changed, Disney fans gather along the parade route and hum the Baroque Hoedown as loudly as possible . I remember when Disney Magazine announced that the soundtrack of Light Magic was going to sound as advanced as the "tinny strains" of the Electrical Parade music did when it first came out. Not to pass judgement on the soundtrack of Light Magic (never saw it), but 10 years later, the "tinny strains" play on, while most guests (including myself) couldn't hum the "Light Magic" soundtrack if their life depended on it .

I saw Pete's Dragon about a hundred times during my childhood, but even if people don't know who Elliot is, he's a freakin' gigantic, smoke-blowing, magically "disappearing" dragon, and therefore awesome.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783 View Post
    Wow you're the first person I've run into on Micechat that's from the Klamath Falls area too. I wish my work schedule would let me get out to try and see your parade but it's just not possible right now.

Aw. That stinks, wettham1793, you might have liked it. But probably not. We're planning for the first season's official run to be Christmas week through to Jan. 3-ish. We're still on square one- blueprints. We know the route, but that's it. So you can't be there for official auditions? E-mail me at the e-mail given on the website and I'll e-mail you back when we're ready. I found the CD "60 Years of Magic" or something like that and it has Baroque Hoedown on it. It's awesome.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I like the idea of the parade returning to DL. The atmosphere just seems better for it than at DCA (or maybe I just got used to it being at DL, growing up seeing it there.)

And doesn't Tink already appear in the parade, appropriately scaled down, on the Peter Pan float? .
    That's what I said! MSEP just does not fit in a park that doesn't have that magical Disney essence to it. No offence to people that think that DCA is Disney enough.

• Mean Mermaid

They have to keep the Blue Fairy! She was a dazzling character in Pinocchio (rotoscoped all the way, but still...), just as beautiful as any of the princesses, and doesn't get half the street cred she deserves as a Disney character. Tinkerbell on the otherhand, is taking over Disneyland and is starting to get even more in my face than Jack on the new POTC ride.

Okay, I love Tink. I especially love her bobbing up and down like a drunken duck in the fireworks show, and would throw a little snit fit if she was ever removed. But if she takes over one more aspect of Disneyland, I'm going to disown her as favorite thumb-sized Disney character.

She ought to ALWAYS be in the fireworks. Her store is a cute idea. Her lighting up floral Mickey's face is a cute temporary idea. But copies of her all around the park is bugging me. I'm still bitter about how she replaced mermaid Ariel. And now she might kick out the Blue Fairy?!!

I recognize that she is one of, if not the, Disneyland mascot, but there is a limit to how focused attention around her should be, and at this rate she'll be holding walt's hand instead of Mickey by the summer of 2009! I exaggerate, but please Disney, put a cap on the Tink.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    Okay, I love Tink. I especially love her bobbing up and down like a drunken duck in the fireworks show, and would throw a little snit fit if she was ever removed. But if she takes over one more aspect of Disneyland, I'm going to disown her as favorite thumb-sized Disney character.

Ha! Yeah. I guess she does! That's funny... What I don't get is why they have big versions of Tink in the park. And will she talk at the meet and greets? She never talked during the movie. That'd totally ruin the image of Tink if she's a normal-sized talking fairy, instead of a tiny, not-talking fairy. But that's just my opinion.

• (Not a) New User

So, uh... Is there antone else in the Southern Oregon area that might want to audition to be in the RLEP?(Round Lake Electrical Parade, that's what I'm calling it from now on)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    That's what I said! MSEP just does not fit in a park that doesn't have that magical Disney essence to it. No offence to people that think that DCA is Disney enough.
    While I agree that the parade was better at DL, I think there are some actual reasons for it, not simply the fact that DCA is not “Disney” enough to house it. For me it’s all about scale. There was a drama to the big lighted floats making there way through the narrow street and small buildings of Main Street. At DCA the parade route is so open and the scale of much of the park is larger such that it just doesn’t have the same effect. At DL the MSEP kind of enveloped you, while at DCA you feel like you’re just watching something from a distance.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    While I agree that the parade was better at DL, I think there are some actual reasons for it. At DL the MSEP kind of enveloped you, while at DCA you feel like you’re just watching something from a distance.
    Just me and my opinion again, but... Is that a bad thing? I like to be able to see it closer, and to have it fit in with the park. The MSEP stopped running at DL when I was 2, but I remember, not only the Pinocchio and Snow White units, but also almost being able to touch the characters and the "Whirlybugs" when they came by. I mean, I'm glad it at least still runs and I can still watch it. And besides, I read that MSEP was only supposed to stay in DCA to celebrate the park's 1st summer, then it'd move back to DL. However, that summer lasted SEVEN YEARS!

• The one, the only...

I think that when the MSEP was at Disneyland, because you were much closer and thus looked larger, it was more impressive. With DCA having such huge areas, it does make the floats look smaller. It is all about scale. Uncle Bob is right.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• (Not a) New User

Also, a lot of people think they should retire MSEP and start a new parade. Another idea I don't like. MSEP is a classic and I really hope to see it back at DL at least two or three more times.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast