Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Maybe to modernize the parade they add Little Mermaid, Aladdin, or Princess And The Frog floats?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Maybe to modernize the parade they add Little Mermaid, Aladdin, or Princess And The Frog floats?
    Princess and the Frog? Never heard about it. When was it made? And is anyone going to be able to join the RLEP at Klamath Falls?

• Collision speed....FULL!

^^ It is BEING made. It will be Disney's 48th animated feature film when it comes out in 2009

• (Not a) New User

Sweet. Excellent. So absolutely no one can join RLEP? If you can't be in it, please come watch it at least! If it gets big enough, we'll expand the parade route greatly. It'd be about a mile long at the least if we do that. Also as it gets bigger, we might add more units/go-karts, which means more lights! Anyone intrested in joining?

• (Not a) New User

Heh... I have some sweet pics of the parade that I took on my phone and an animated gif file (a slideshow, basically) I made with those pics. I would upload them, but I don't know how.

I went on Wikipedia the other day, and under the MSEP section, it had the run dates. It looked something like this:

*Original Run: June 17, 1972-November 25, 1996
    (Rumored to come back for Disneyland's 55th anniversary in 2010)

Yaaay!!! This makes me feel somewhat confident that the parade will return to its original (and correctly-themed) home, Disneyland!

• (Not a) New User

This just in- our family's planning to go to DLR over Christmas break! I'm so excited! I was planning to buy a new camera anyways, and now I have something to use it for. I'll take a bunch of vids and pics of everything- especially MSEP- and I'll post the MSEP pics on this thread. I guess if you wanna see the rest of the pics from DLR I'll post them on another thread. We originally planned to go this Thankgiving break, but, well... we're not.

Anywho, can anyone, ANYONE at all, join the Round Lake Electrical Parade? Auditions are this week, just contact us from the info on the link from my other post. Contact us for audition dates. We're hoping to perform all of Christmas week, and the first night or two of 2009! That's funny- we're performing the Round Lake Electrical Parade over Christmas week- right after we get back from watching the real Electrical Parade at DLR!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Music HAS to stay with the SAME SOUND! THAT is what makes the Eletrical Parade "The Electrical Parade"! And the Baroke Hoedown ~ Absolutely! That needs to remain the theme song for the parade. Remember with the "Light Magic Debacle Streetacular", when a few bars of the Baroke Hoedown started playing, People started cheering, People were genuinely moved by hearing that song again. It can NEVER leave the Electrical Parade.

As for the parade moving to DL. I agree, for the scale/size of the parade, It looks better in DL. But quite frankly, most everything of quality status would look better in DL, than DCA. But to keep the crowds coming to DCA, and to keep them there in the evening, the parade is still really critical for DCA attendance.

Of course, a night time show for Paradise Puddle will help a little. AND of course, when the Entry area to DCA is being redone, the parade route will be unusable (and too short), until they get the new parade route open. So for a short term, the MSEP may be ok at DL. BUT the crowding that occurs at DL with MSEP, F! and Fireworks is just TOO overwhelming for DL. SO, after the new Parade route is completed in DCA, I really think it would be ok to move MSEP back to DCA.

• It's all about Theme!

Well, Disneyland is a master at their craft.

If there is a will, there is a way.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post

Here are a couple ideas I have for the Electrical Parade:

- Sleeping Beauty

- Another option could be a huge space scene involving LOADS of stars and galaxies with Stitch

- Mulan co

- Then we could also have...pardon the pun...a whole new float dedicated to the movie, Aladdin.

Those are just a few of my ideas.

- Joe
    Love all of the ideas.... except STITCH..... please for the love of all that's holy, please please keep stitch as far away as humanly possible.
    I think I'd be really upset if they started putting newer movies into it, and I'd REALLY be angry if stitch found his way in there.... a Mulan unit could be absolutely FABULOUS!!! My mind is spinning with possibilities!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Please bear in mind that I am 52 years old, and yes when it comes to my beloved Disneyland, it's hard for me to let go of things long past.

I have loved this parade since 1972.

I remember so many nights picking out my favorite spot near the Main Street train station.

As it got darker, the drama would build.......

I hope some of this has made sense.

-- Barry
    Heck, I'm only 21 and I still have emotional attachments to it! In fact, I distinctly remember the exact moment that I decided I wanted to work at DL as a performer when I grew up- I was about 9 (so around the very end of its run), sitting the curb on the right side of Town Square, watching the dancers at Cinderella's ball pass by...... that moment is forever etched in my memory. And to bring it full circle, I now work at WDW, and want to switch to DLR once I graduate. Hopefully I'll be heading over right when the 55th is getting underway, and nothing would be better than being able to be in the MSEP, returned home for the celebration.

However, I can see Disney not wanting to go back on the "glows away forever" promise they made when it left. They could kinda get away with this when they brought it back to DCA, but I'm not sure how willing they'd be to completely eat their words and bring it back to Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post

Would Tinkerbell be as large as the Blue Fairy is in the parade? Sure, the Blue Fairy wasn't that big in the movie, but she was at least pretty big compared to Pinnochio. Having a human performer play Tink is already a considerable size increase - any larger would be kind of bizarre.
    That's a very good point.... I'm really pulling for the Blue fairy to stay. I hate when good characters lose their spots for the "in" character at the time....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post

I went on Wikipedia the other day, and under the MSEP section, it had the run dates. It looked something like this:

*Original Run: June 17, 1972-November 25, 1996
    (Rumored to come back for Disneyland's 55th anniversary in 2010)

Yaaay!!! This makes me feel somewhat confident that the parade will return to its original (and correctly-themed) home, Disneyland!
    I'm really not trying to shatter your hopes, but I wouldn't feel "somewhat confident" on anything on wikipedia.... it was probably someone who read the beginning of this thread, and then decided they'd go throw it up there

• TDR and Japan fan

idk but IMO i would love to have something similar to the tokyo one

• (Not a) New User

Just in- we have dressed up our go-kart in about 750 lights, but we may put on more last-minute, on opening night. We couldn't do it the day before because we'd be arriving back from Disneyland back two days after. That means we'll be there on the 27th and running until the night before we go back to our regular house.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Didn't they sell thousands of lights at $5.00 or $10.00 a pop?
    Advertisement on them was Authentic light from "Main Street Electrical Parade"
    "Never to return again"
    If they bring back MSEP, that's gonna bum out some people who bought those bulbs.

Don't read this wrong, I really don't mind if they bring back MSEP.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
    I really don't mind if they bring back MSEP.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people would enjoy it's return as MSEP to DL. But there are also the people who like it at DCA because of the wideness of the streets, and it's almost made to host DEP.

• (Not a) New User

Alright. It is finished. Our first run of the RLEP is over. We had planned to do it more than one night, but we didn't. We had one performance on New Years Eve day, December 31st. On our go-kart we towed a trailer with eight people in it, for a total of ten people total! It was fantastic and dazzling. My mom took pics that I'll post soon. The only reason we only did it once was because on Christnas Eve and Day we were at DCA watching the real thing, which is still amazing. I'll post vids and pics soon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Alright. It is finished. Our first run of the RLEP is over. We had planned to do it more than one night, but we didn't. We had one performance on New Years Eve day, December 31st. On our go-kart we towed a trailer with eight people in it, for a total of ten people total! It was fantastic and dazzling. My mom took pics that I'll post soon. The only reason we only did it once was because on Christnas Eve and Day we were at DCA watching the real thing, which is still amazing. I'll post vids and pics soon.
    Awesome cant wait to c u should start a new thread about it and re-explain it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast