Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• (Not a) New User

Lightbulb What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

OK. I'm sure you're thinking "what's this guy talking about? It's not the Main Street Electrical Parade anymore!" or "Who cares what this guy thinks?" Either way, I'm still continuing. First off, I heard that the MSEP might move back to DL park for the 55th. Great! Exactly what I wanted! Just a few things I'd like for Disney to make:

1. I heard they might replace the Blue Fairy for Tinker Bell! I don't like this idea. The Blue Fairy is the only original character from the original 1972 MSEP! I'm not sure it's the same float, and it's probably not, but they need to keep originality in MSEP.

2. I also heard they might change the music for the DreamLights music. No! The music from DML (my abreviation of DreaMLights) I think it stinks! I sound like they recorded it off a cheap $20.00 keyboard from a thrift store!

3. As you've probably figured out by now, I'd change the name back to the Main Street Electrical Parade if they move it back to DL park.

4. This next one is very simple. I heard that the Pinocchio Pleasure Island and Snow White Diamond Mine are coming back to the DL resort. Here comes the simple part- I really hope that's true.

5. Finally, I heard that they might add effects to the parade. I do not yet have an opinion on this yet, but I will keep you posted.

I hope they'll move the MSEP back to DL before the 55th, and all they do is add the Pleasure Island and Diamond Mine back, call it MSEP again, and that's it. What do you readers think?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Great first post DK and welcome to MiceChat. Like you, I'm longing to see the original back where it belongs. I'm also very against replacing the Blue Fairy with Tink.

Well done.

• I'm not really here

I'll all for giving it a good cleaning, maybe LED lights that are more vibrant and last longer (keep down overhead), but keep the same lighting design, and floats. Or if you must, bring back originals. That parade has most definitely withstood the test of time and become a classic. It is no longer just a parade, it is living history.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Leave it at DCA and make it a Water parade! 2 water parades a day! How much better can life be?!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    I hope they'll move the MSEP back to DL before the 55th, and all they do is add the Pleasure Island and Diamond Mine back, call it MSEP again, and that's it. What do you readers think?
    It will always be "The Main Street Electrical Parade" - and once it finally makes its way back home to Main Street USA, I'll watch it again......and I really can't wait, because it was my favorite Disneyland Parade.....that and Pardi Gras that was out in 1990. I LOVED LOVED LOVED that one!

• (Not a) New User

Smile Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Good, well I'm glad I have some people that have some of the same opinions as I do. There was also another suggestion on another thread where someone thought they should bring the giant Swan units for the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade (not DML) to MSEP if it returns to DL park. I think they would fit seamlessly into the Parade. What do you guys think? (By the way, I ask a lot of questions) I don't think they'll add the DML music because it's a parade from TDL, which is not entirely owned by Disney, so DL resort would have to pay to use the song I think. What do you think about the DreamLights music?

• Merry 2014!

Although I like the lights I have never been fond of the music because, for me, it becomes annoying after a couple of loops. It would be great if they could contact Manheim Steamroller (if they are still together) to redo the music in the same spirit. As for the floats, always add not take away unless it is broken; especially with this parade as it is such an instituiton at the park.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Missing an Angel

Funny thing happened about a week ago. My uncle spotted a couple of "suits" and asked about the MSEP comming back to Disneyland. He said that one of them said that he must be reading Micechat too much and that it's not comming back to DL. Then in the convo the "suits" mentioned that they kinda feel stupid sometimes bacause Al Lutz knows whats going to happen before they do!

Was Al the one who broke the news that the MSEP would be comming back to DL? If so, talk about putting your foot in your mouth!

• Progressive Disneylander

I enjoy the tradition of the parade being at DL, however I enjoy watching at DCA much more. DL is just so darn cramped and if you want a good spot to see it, you gotta put in some serious time. At DCA, you can score a good spot minutes before it passes by.

I also think that since the parade is still a popular attraction and since DCA still currently lacks an emotional connection to guests, removing one of the only things in that park that does connect with people, IMO, would be a mistake.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    My uncle spotted a couple of "suits" and
    Uhm. Who and what are these "suits"? Do they work for Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'll all for giving it a good cleaning, maybe LED lights that are more vibrant and last longer (keep down overhead), but keep the same lighting design, and floats. Or if you must, bring back originals. That parade has most definitely withstood the test of time and become a classic. It is no longer just a parade, it is living history.

What a great way of putting it MyCroft! I couldn't agree anymore with the general concensus. I really, really, REALLY don't want to see Tink lead the parade. There's been some what of Tink Invasion and it seems like everything needs to be either princess or Tink lately what's the deal? Not only does it pretty much only appeal to children but mostly little girls..

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

First off, I LOVE the Electrical Parade...it's my favorite piece of entertainment at DLR and probably the only parade I have to see if I'm in the park.

- I agree, do not replace the Blue Fairy with Tinkerbell...That little imp is everywhere, let's have an origianl character that actually isn't in every corner of the park.

- I love the music...do not change this. This is the trademark of the show. If they're going to change the music, they might as well just change the title and theme of this parade

- I know I'm in the minority, but like KISSman, I like having the parade over at DCA. There's so much more room, and you don't have to camp out an hour ahead. Also, with all the room, it's easier to see and take pictures of the floats because they aren't just two feet away and on top of you. Also, as with parades at Disneyland, once the parade starts, you are pretty much trapped on one side of the park. With DCA there's more room to get around to the other side.

- And last, ooooh, LED's would be pretty, it sure would be bright...although we might have to wear sunglasses to watch the parade!

• (Not a) New User

Smile Re: What I think about the Main Street Electrical Parade

Yeah. The other month I went to DLR and we went to DCA. We were on our way to the new Toy Story Midway Mania attraction- which, by the way, was AWESOME! Anyway, we were on our way when we passed the opening gates for the parade, kinda by the Maliboomer. Then the lights dimmed, and the synthesized music started. I knew within about 2 seconds it was MSEP. I managed to stop my parents with a very loud, "IT'S THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE, GUYS! C'MON! GET OVER HERE, MOM!" We watched the whole parade, to the catch that we didn't get to go on the ride as the park was then closing. It'd be cool if they left the park open longer and they did the parade twice like they did in the old (by old I mean the 12 years ago that it left DL) days.

• (Not a) New User

Oh, and another thing:

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Great first post DK and welcome to MiceChat. Like you, I'm longing to see the original back where it belongs. I'm also very against replacing the Blue Fairy with Tink.

Well done.
    Thanks a lot aashee, for that warm welcome. And, again, I'm glad someone shares my persepective and opinion.

And I have a little... thing I'm doing with a... go-kart and a ...power converter that turns gas into electricity, that I'm doing in... Oregon. Anyone wanna know what it is? I haven't said anything before because I was afraid people might get mad, so I figured I'll ask you readers if you wanted to know.
    Last edited by DisneyKid1994; 09-24-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Not Finished Post

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    And I have a little... thing I'm doing with a... go-kart and a ...power converter that turns gas into electricity, that I'm doing in... Oregon. Anyone wanna know what it is? I haven't said anything before because I was afraid people might get mad, so I figured I'll ask you readers if you wanted to know.
    What? What are you doing?! I want to know!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast