Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Do you expect the DCA Preview Center will leave you......

Dissapointed........confused...........angry...... ...anxious......excited....etc

Last October Disney announced an expansion to DCA, the preview center will open in a couple weeks to the media, a source close to me told me the preview video is totally different than what they annouced last year what do you think about this and are you suprised?

• Senior Minion

Re: Do you expect the DCA Preview Center will leave you......

Well, I'm not surprised that some things have changed, but it doesn't sound like the changes have been that huge, just a lot of tweaks here and there, but maybe I'll be shocked when I see this video. I'll be excited no matter what, I think a California themed park could be awesome, but I really don't like the way they did DCA, and I think they're finally moving in the right direction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Keep Moving Forward

I'm guessing the makeover will either stay mostly the same or be radically different. If the rumor is indeed true that DCA's Soarin' will get a worldwide makeover, that could be a hint that something drastically new is coming that we didn't foresee. But even so, I still don't see much reason to believe that things will be terribly different from what we read last year. At least I hope not. I'm really excited for most of it!

• Minion

Do you think there is the very slightest chance there will be one non-movie-based original attraction amongst the plans that they didn't already tell us about?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Dissapointed........confused...........angry...... ...anxious......excited....etc

Last October Disney announced an expansion to DCA, the preview center will open in a couple weeks to the media, a source close to me told me the preview video is totally different than what they annouced last year what do you think about this and are you suprised?
    I'm disappointed it's not happening faster (I guess I can wait a few more months for things to kick in to gear); I'm confused how the intersection of Bugsland, Cars Land and TOT will work out; I'm angry that the Wharf area seems to be so small; I'm anxious about the new video and whether RSR and TLM will be as awesome as I am hoping; I'm excited to see the work begin, because I love construction!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I'm guessing the makeover will either stay mostly the same or be radically different. If the rumor is indeed true that DCA's Soarin' will get a worldwide makeover, that could be a hint that something drastically new is coming that we didn't foresee. But even so, I still don't see much reason to believe that things will be terribly different from what we read last year. At least I hope not. I'm really excited for most of it!
    I think that's a pretty unreliable rumor about Soarin', it may come true eventually, but I'm not convinced, and nobody I trust has said this is happening, I wouldn't make any assumptions based on that. If anything the pictures of the concept art they showed to the travel agents was pretty much the same plans, but with even more of a strengthening of the California theming beyond what they showed last year. It looks like even more elaborate and expansive theming for much of what they are doing, but with that a few things will be lost. Which pretty much is what most of the more reliable sources have been reporting for a while.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'm disappointed it's not happening faster (I guess I can wait a few more months for things to kick in to gear); I'm confused how the intersection of Bugsland, Cars Land and TOT will work out; I'm angry that the Wharf area seems to be so small; I'm anxious about the new video and whether RSR and TLM will be as awesome as I am hoping; I'm excited to see the work begin, because I love construction!
    I agree with all of this.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I think I'll be excited about some parts ( the new entry area), and disappointed by other things (the remaining parts of Paradise Pier).

I think it will just end up making me more curious. I am already excited. I am already confused. Either way I'm gonna enjoy it all!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

^sorry to get off topic there again.

Back on topic -- I don't think DL would have been as successful if it was in LA and here is why: Location.

Anaheim is actually situated in a better location than LA is to serve the entire population of Southern California. Anaheim is centrally located from LA, the Inland Empire, and San Diego. In fact I remember reading an article in the LA times several years ago that if Southern California were to become a separte state the Capitol would most likely be in Anaheim, Santa Ana, or Irvine and not LA due strictly to its location in the middle of the three main population centers.

SRI selected Anaheim because their studies showed in 1955 that is where the population was spreading. Although with San Diego to the south no doubt Disneyland was easier for these people to get to than if it was in LA. In a few years the farmland of the Inland Empire would also get developed, further strengthening Anaheim's location for Disneyland.

• =)

I'm not sure I'll even end up in DCA again till after the changes are made...hard to say. I'm not an AP, and I don't like spending money on parkhoppers...so unless something strange happens, I may not see the "original" DCA again. Which won't be a problem for me. Anyway, I expect the preview center will vanish once the changes are made, which means I'll never see it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I probably will go into the Preview Center but won't get excited or anything until I actually see the actual attractions and such made and operating.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm not sure I'll even end up in DCA again till after the changes are made...hard to say. I'm not an AP, and I don't like spending money on parkhoppers...so unless something strange happens, I may not see the "original" DCA again. Which won't be a problem for me. Anyway, I expect the preview center will vanish once the changes are made, which means I'll never see it.
    You and me both.

Yeah, I hear ya! Pretty much the only reason I go over to DCA is for TSMM.

But you will probably see photo's and chat rooms about it.

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Do you think there is the very slightest chance there will be one non-movie-based original attraction amongst the plans that they didn't already tell us about?
    I hope so. Although I doubt it.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast