Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: New Pictures of the Disney Fairies In-Park Characters

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    Tink's dress is pretty darn short, don't ya think?
    It's no where near as short as this one (Rosetta I believe):

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

How are they going to be presented to convince the guest that Tink is life-size? Is it going to be assumed that she somehow grew from an inch to about 5 feet? Or are we supposed to be shrinking down to her size? And if this is the case will the theming be so off as to clash with MS, SBC, and Tomorrowland?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    How are they going to be presented to convince the guest that Tink is life-size? Is it going to be assumed that she somehow grew from an inch to about 5 feet? Or are we supposed to be shrinking down to her size? And if this is the case will the theming be so off as to clash with MS, SBC, and Tomorrowland?
    The whole area is going have huge grass blades, as well as a huge tea-pot, sorta like what they've got going on in A Bug's Land.

• Banned User

Even though Disney really wants me to care, I still don't care about the fairies at all.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    It's no where near as short as this one (Rosetta I believe):
    I think Tink's is shorter... in any case, doesn't exactly seem Disney-like to me.

• Queen Elsa

They do look great I do like Fawn the best though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    I think Tink's is shorter... in any case, doesn't exactly seem Disney-like to me.
    Well Tink was established in 1951 (I believe). Besides, have you seen Mrs. Incredible, Ariel, & some of the outfits in the Parade of Dreams?

• Minion

May God save us all. These pictures remind me of the face characters aboard the Disney cruise lines. They have little similarities to their cartoon counterpart and to top it off, they're not really all that "cute" like the Disney females that I'm used to seeing. That could just be because I'm used to seeing California girls, not Orlando ones. :/

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Well Tink was established in 1951 (I believe). Besides, have you seen Mrs. Incredible, Ariel, & some of the outfits in the Parade of Dreams?
    Haha, true, true... but still.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    May God save us all. These pictures remind me of the face characters aboard the Disney cruise lines. They have little similarities to their cartoon counterpart and to top it off, they're not really all that "cute" like the Disney females that I'm used to seeing. That could just be because I'm used to seeing California girls, not Orlando ones. :/
    Well, there will be other girls playing the characters though. And these girls are for Orlando I believe.

• A Weather Eye Open

they look alright to me. the whole concept of the fairies thing is not exactly my fav.
    it kind of looks like a couple of the wigs are a tad different from the concept photos we saw before, eh?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Directly directed

I'm not up to date with the fairies, so I can't tell if they look as they should. Tinkerbell does not look like she should though. I'd be disappointed as a child to go to Disneyland and see a Tinkerbell who was bigger than I was.

• Shablagoo!

I don't understand the whole size problems that people have. I read people complaining about how Tinker Bell should be tiny. Do you have the same problem with other characters that are depicted as small on film?

A "short" list of characters that have appeared in the parks as a walk around character, but who are depicted as significantly smaller than human Adults in films or Tv shows.

Chip, Dale, Jiminy Cricket, Flik, Atta, Mushu, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Oliver, Marie, Sebastian, Flounder, Nemo, Green Army Men, Abu, Gadget, Remy, and Emile.

And there are probably a whole lot more I am forgetting. Granted some of these characters are bigger than Tink, But several are smaller, even significantly smaller, like Flik and Atta.

My point is that if these characters can appear in the parks, then Tink and pals can. I am really looking forward to meeting them.

• Queen Elsa

Is it me or dose Rosetta (the one in pink for though that don't know.) look like her top is may of the rubber they use for Batman in the movies?

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I don't understand the whole size problems that people have. I read people complaining about how Tinker Bell should be tiny. Do you have the same problem with other characters that are depicted as small on film?

A "short" list of characters that have appeared in the parks as a walk around character, but who are depicted as significantly smaller than human Adults in films or Tv shows.

Chip, Dale, Jiminy Cricket, Flik, Atta, Mushu, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Oliver, Marie, Sebastian, Flounder, Nemo, Green Army Men, Abu, Gadget, Remy, and Emile.

And there are probably a whole lot more I am forgetting. Granted some of these characters are bigger than Tink, But several are smaller, even significantly smaller, like Flik and Atta.

My point is that if these characters can appear in the parks, then Tink and pals can. I am really looking forward to meeting them.
    Good point. I don't think size is really going to matter to the kids. They'll just be happy to meet Tink. I'm not sure I can say the same for her friends, but we'll see, I suppose. Do you think Disney will pull the plug early on the Fairies if the movie doesn't fare well? It seems like a big investment to put into something that hasn't released yet... but, undermining my own argument here, Walt took that same gamble w/ Sleeping Beauty Castle lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast