Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: New Pictures of the Disney Fairies In-Park Characters

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Just a little reminder that if you have an issue with a post, please report it, instead of posting off topic about it.
    Thanks.
    THANK YOU!!!!! Never Neverland. I don't understand why posters do this/that. I love it when you guys monitor to keep it friendly THANK YOU!!!!

Luke: Great Picks.
    I'm feeling bad for these ladies already however... let the harrassment begin.
    They look great, I hope this works.

I fear that remember how back in the day they used to have mermaids in the lagoon for 20,00 leagues...
    They had to remove them, too many guys jumping in the lagoon after them. Is this the 2008 version of such poor behavior? I hope not. Tink has been around a long time. Her appearance in the parks to some, is long over due. Walt, I think, would be happy to have her there.
    I just hope this doesn't get messy.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!! Never Neverland. I don't understand why posters do this/that. I love it when you guys monitor to keep it friendly THANK YOU!!!!

Luke: Great Picks.
    I'm feeling bad for these ladies already however... let the harrassment begin.
    They look great, I hope this works.

I fear that remember how back in the day they used to have mermaids in the lagoon for 20,00 leagues...
    They had to remove them, too many guys jumping in the lagoon after them. Is this the 2008 version of such poor behavior? I hope not. Tink has been around a long time. Her appearance in the parks to some, is long over due. Walt, I think, would be happy to have her there.
    I just hope this doesn't get messy.
    It'll be good for the park overall. Like I said before, not sure how her friends will fare, but Tink herself will be welcome, I'm sure. Idk if we will have the same situations as we did back then w/ the mermaids though.... different times, you know? If things do start going the "way of the mermaids", so to speak, I'm sure Disney will have a mind to up security around them. This day and age, the world is alot more security-minded than they were back then.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    The characters will be the same at Disneyland, this will get more discussion here anyway. LoL!
    Luke, does it say anywhere when the fairies will be arriving in FL?
    Christina

Is it just me or are most of the wigs simply atrocious? They are not flattering and definitely do not look realistic.

Curiouser and curiouser...

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Not a huge fan of the faries taking over Ariel's turf so I'm sorta biased to not like it but they are cute and look similar enough to their cartoon selves. I don't think the movie will do well enough to make the rest of the faries as well known as Tink is though.
    I agree with you completely on that point.

I think the costumes are well done. I really don't like any of the pixies except for Tink. Always thought she deserved some kind of meet and greet... though not at the expense of our favorite mermaid. Thankfully she'll be back in a few years.

For me, this is all going to come down to how well they handle Pixie Hollow itself. How well it is executed and themed will make or break this idea for me. There is enough room in there to do a transition from normal flowers and planters and then into the larger blades of grass so that as you walk closer up to them you are "shrinking" to their size. If done properly, this could be really cool.

As for the shortness of the skirts... I don't think this is going to be a problem. To the person who said it wasn't very "Disney", I have to, respectfully, disagree with. This is Tinkerbell... it almost doesn't get more Disney. She's been around, short skirt and all, for 55 years now. She is an icon and opened the Disney TV shows for so long that most of us on here associate her with Disney just as much as Mickey Mouse. She is even in Soarin' for pete's sake. These skirts are no shorter than what many teenagers wear on a normal basis in many places when they go out. Or shorts. I'm not saying that kids dressing like that is right... just that it isn't going to cause a scandal or be a hugely shocking thing.

As long as the CMs stay completely in their characters (and they will), it won't be a problem, because the clothing is every bit as much a part of those characters as their hair color.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I am sad to say that I am completely and totaly underwhelmed but the Fairies...

sigh...
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Tink looks way too old, and the others just don't...... fit.

Me no likey.
    I agree. They look like adults in dresses, not Charactors. Tinks hair makes her look a more like a characto, but the others just look like the office Halloween party. They need to be "petite" looking not chunky adults in fairy costumes from Target. I'n not saying anyone of them is FAT PLEASE that's not my point, but a fairy needs to be tiny, look at my avatar Tink is tiny. The other fairys look like adults. Couldn't they have gotten teenagers? Peter Pan looks petite fits the part so should the fairys. Actually one of them looks more like Ariel than a fairy
    Janette

• Queen Elsa

Back with the outfits. If you look at them close you see they got shockings on and I bet that they have shorts under the outfits so I can't see anything wrong with that. Also at first when I hear that Tink,Fawn and the others was getting Ariel's meet and greet I though they would sit in Ariel's chair but now we know that it will not happen. I would say they be standing up the most. Send there is 5 of them I bet they will have 3 out of the 5 come out at the same time like they do at PFF and the roate around. I will not get to see them until Nov. or Dec. when I go to DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    So when do the Spice Pixies record their first album?

Yooooo, I'll tell ya' what I want, what I really, really want...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    It'll be good for the park overall. Like I said before, not sure how her friends will fare, but Tink herself will be welcome, I'm sure. Idk if we will have the same situations as we did back then w/ the mermaids though.... different times, you know? If things do start going the "way of the mermaids", so to speak, I'm sure Disney will have a mind to up security around them. This day and age, the world is alot more security-minded than they were back then.
    "sup sup" well said. Tink will be so very welcome, by me anyway

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gymnogyp View Post
    Yooooo, I'll tell ya' what I want, what I really, really want...

Very funny. That was good. f u n n y.

• Infinitized!

It's funny how the Pixies appeal to every member of the family... even if the wife has to slap the husband to quit drooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I don't understand the whole size problems that people have. I read people complaining about how Tinker Bell should be tiny. Do you have the same problem with other characters that are depicted as small on film?

A "short" list of characters that have appeared in the parks as a walk around character, but who are depicted as significantly smaller than human Adults in films or Tv shows.

Chip, Dale, Jiminy Cricket, Flik, Atta, Mushu, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Oliver, Marie, Sebastian, Flounder, Nemo, Green Army Men, Abu, Gadget, Remy, and Emile.

And there are probably a whole lot more I am forgetting. Granted some of these characters are bigger than Tink, But several are smaller, even significantly smaller, like Flik and Atta.

My point is that if these characters can appear in the parks, then Tink and pals can. I am really looking forward to meeting them.

How big is the Tinkerbell that flies during Fireworks? She is probably quite tiny.
    Janette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AlwysL8 View Post
    Luke, does it say anywhere when the fairies will be arriving in FL?
    Yes, I believe they will be going into the Toontown Hall of Fame, replacing one of or being near where the Fab 5, Princesses, & Pooh characters currently reside.

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    I agree. They look like adults in dresses, not Charactors. Tinks hair makes her look a more like a characto, but the others just look like the office Halloween party. They need to be "petite" looking not chunky adults in fairy costumes from Target. I'n not saying anyone of them is FAT PLEASE that's not my point, but a fairy needs to be tiny, look at my avatar Tink is tiny. The other fairys look like adults. Couldn't they have gotten teenagers? Peter Pan looks petite fits the part so should the fairys. Actually one of them looks more like Ariel than a fairy
    You know, to me, the lady playing Tinker Bell looks least like her character, compared to the other 4 ladies (same with the concept art). I really think the girl playing Rosetta in the pictures is spot on the look!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Send there is 5 of them I bet they will have 3 out of the 5 come out at the same time like they do at PFF and the roate around.
    From what I've heard, most of them will be out at once. Of course, that could of or might change.

To some degree they almost have to have Tink available for the meet and greet at all times. They can get away with the rotation at the PFF because there are pretty good odds that most guests will see at least one character they want to. But with Tink's friends being relative unknowns right now, she almost has to be there. Because this is Tink, you will see a lot of guests who may not care one way or another about the others, but they will want to see Tink.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast