Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Disneyland Implicated in Dog Mauling Lawsuit

According to the suit, Disneyland adopted the dog, a German Shepherd, from a local shelter and put him on display in Big Thunder Ranch whereupon he mauled a 2 year old girl 2 years ago.

Story Here. ETA: Also seen on the KABCNBC Channel 4 News tonight at 11PM.

Does anyone know if this actually happened? Has Disney ever had dogs on display in the Big Thunder Ranch? Is Disney really liable?
    Last edited by BassBone; 09-25-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Grim Grinning

Re: Disneyland Implicated in Dog Mauling Lawsuit

I highly doubt that's true. Why would Disney adopt a stray dog and put it in their petting zoo of all things? There's a zillon questions that come to mind. If it happened two years ago, why are we only hearing about it now? That would have been smeared all over the media and Disney wouldv'e taken a huge hit as far as their parks are concerned. You never pet a dog you aren't familliar with, everyone knows that. Dogs aren't really a petting zoo sort of animal either, I can't imagine Disney would get a stray dog and put it in the petting zoo to interact with guests and just hope the dog doesnt lash out.

Hypothetically if Disney were to adopt a dog for their petting zoo (no clue why they'd do that), you can bet your behind that the dog wouldv'e been adoped as a puppy and be highly trained to interact with people and tested around a small group of people and work it's way up to interacting with massive groups. I'm sure the dog wouldv'e come from a breeder of some sort or from some credible place other than something like a pound or something.

Sorry, long post.

• Grim Grinning

German shepards can be mean dogs too if they aren't raised to interact with people.

This just in...

Pluto snapped today as he found out he's not named after a planet anymore and suddenly, without warning mauled a small girl who's parents were busy eating churros and scratching their butts.

The parents were unable to comment as they were busy talking to a desperate lawyer to sue Disney. The parents plan to use the money from the suit to buy a new PS3 and Toyota Prius.

Seriously people, when it comes to strange animals, ALWAYS watch the animal and your kids carefully. No one can control any animal, not even Disney. This should be common sense, but we don't have that in America anymore, at least not in significant amounts.

My prayers are with that poor girl tho. I hope she is OK.

• is too darn hot.

Also seen on the KABCNBC Channel 4 News tonight at 11PM with pictures of the girl. The mauling looks pretty bad.
    Last edited by BassBone; 09-25-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Considering this supposedly happened two years ago and nobody had heard of it until now, I'm going to suggest we need just a little more info than the lawyer's statements.

Doesn't sound like something Disney would do or allow.

Read the comments on that story. People are attacking Disneyland and calling Mickey Mouse a pickpocket. Do people expect a business to let them into Disneyland free? Is someone forcing them to go to Disneyland in the first place? What is wrong with these people?

• Grim Grinning

Wait wait wait wait, this is on the news? The article said it happened two years ago right? I'm really having a hard time swallowing the fact that Disney would put an unfriendly dog in their petting zoo especially since dogs aren't something you normally see in a petting zoo.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

the dog - who Disney also used in parades as fireworks exploded overhead, the suit alleges
    Says the dog was adopted in 2006.

Have you ever seen the Parade of Dreams going down Main Street USA, while the fireworks are going off? And please, tell me which portion of the Parade Of Dreams has a live German Shepherd in it? Has anyone ever seen such a dog at Disneyland?

• Grim Grinning

Never in my trips to the park have I seen a german shepard used in the parade. Geeze, I gotta walk away from this for a bit, but I smell a hoax, there's not a snowballs chance in you know where that this actually happended and nothing surfaced til now.

• Minion

Saw it on the news. I do rember seeing a dog at the petting zoo. He was more like the barn yard dog not the main attraction.

As for this being two years old, perhaps disney kept stalling in the hopes that the family would run out of money for the suit, then finaly the family went to the press. I don't think any one is at fult, however, it sounds like a freak accedent.

Like I said... it's just the parents trying to get a couple grand out of Disney, and Disney will probably cave, thus inviting 100 more lawsuits like it.

This didn't go down like the lawyer says. It was probably more like this...

1. Little bratty kids like to abuse and hassle the dog.
    2. Mommy and Daddy are too wrapped up in themselves to care.
    3. Dog feels threatened by bratty kids abuse and defends itself (God given right and instincts) and snaps at kids.
    4. Bratty girl cries because the "big mean doggy" scared her.
    5. Parents see an opportunity to cash-in on a nice settlement.
    6. Lawyer realizes they can't win so they need to make a PR move to get Disney to cave under the negative publicity.
    7. Disney will most likely settle.
    8. Stupid, greedy parents win again.

I would also like to make a few points...

a. "Disney also used [the dog] in parades as fireworks exploded overhead.." Last I checked, there are no parades with fireworks in them at DL.

b. They lawyer says "You don't invite kids to pet stray dogs." YOU SHOULDN'T LET YOUR KIDS PET STRANGE DOGS!!!!!

c. They probably setup some kind of lean with the vet to get him to testify about the dogs "aggression." He'll get some kind of percentage if they win the suit.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymnogyp View Post
    Like I said... it's just the parents trying to get a couple grand out of Disney, and Disney will probably cave, thus inviting 100 more lawsuits like it.

This didn't go down like the lawyer says. It was probably more like this...

1. Little bratty kids like to abuse and hassle the dog.
    2. Mommy and Daddy are too wrapped up in themselves to care.
    3. Dog feels threatened by bratty kids abuse and defends itself (God given right and instincts) and snaps at kids.
    4. Bratty girl cries because the "big mean doggy" scared her.
    5. Parents see an opportunity to cash-in on a nice settlement.
    6. Lawyer realizes they can't win so they need to make a PR move to get Disney to cave under the negative publicity.
    7. Disney will most likely settle.
    8. Stupid, greedy parents win again.

I would also like to make a few points...

a. "Disney also used [the dog] in parades as fireworks exploded overhead.." Last I checked, there are no parades with fireworks in them at DL.

b. They lawyer says "You don't invite kids to pet stray dogs." YOU SHOULDN'T LET YOUR KIDS PET STRANGE DOGS!!!!!

c. They probably setup some kind of lean with the vet to get him to testify about the dogs "aggression." He'll get some kind of percentage if they win the suit.
    Number 4 is inaccurate, according the the pictures I saw on the news tonight. Her face was covered in blood and according to the suit, she is permanently scarred.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

And the day of the alleged bite, Big Thunder Ranch was deep in Woody's Halloween Roundup. Anyone notice a malicious, dangerous dog on a short leash at an attraction meant for families and young children? The only animals I've ever seen there are goats, turkeys, cows, and reindeer.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Number 4 is inaccurate, according the the pictures I saw on the news tonight. Her face was covered in blood and according to the suit, she is permanently scarred.
    Abusive Father = Abusive Kids?????? just a thought.

I got a scar from a Wasp sting when I was 3.

The news also said the bird flu was gonna kill us all. Those images were probably released by the lawer and they probably doctored.

I bet the blood and scars are not nearly as bad as they let-on. Did they say she had to go to the emergency room? Also, they do not state any effort by Disney such as First Aid. If there was truly something that bad, Disney's Liability Department would not let them leave the area without Security and Disney Medical Personnel accompaniment to the ER.

"Unspecified" means that the medical costs were negligible and probably covered under insurance. So they have no proof of what the costs would be related to Disney. They are just running on the judges guestimation.

I know form experience, Disney is great at handling emergency stuff like this. It obviously wasn't bad enough for this to have happened the way they say.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Story Here. ETA: Also seen on the KABC Channel 4 News tonight at 11PM.
    My first thought was "meh, urban legend."

Until I read the PDF file of the lawsuit, which is linked to in the article that BassBone cites.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-28-2008, 10:17 PM