Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What disneyland attraction needs a heavy Disneyland Makeover?

1) I think the burning effects can be updated to digital projections in POTC's Burning village scene. Perhaps the heat can be cranked up some too so it will feel like an actual burning city. Also I would like for the ride to return to the way it was before it became PC.

2) The Star Tours film should be updated. I however like the pre shows, including the stage you walk into where R2D2 and C3PO are working on the Star Speeder (I think that is what the ride vehicles are called.

3) Haunted Mansion. I rode this ride 2 and a half years ago (That was the last time I rode it) and in the graveyard scene, I was able to see the small seems of the screen that the ghostly images are projected onto. I hope that gets fixed if it was not already.

4) Winnie the Pooh--Need I say more?

5) Mr. Toads Wild Ride. As you approach the trains light, you can crealy see that it is just hanging on the ceiling. What ever happened to hiding that kind of stuff? I could have sworn that I was never able to tell it was hanging from a ceiling until when I rode it last 2 & a half years ago.

any other rides that need improvement?

Re: What disneyland attraction needs a heavy Disneyland Makeover?

Back when I was 15, before the new star wars films, Star Tours was a my fav ride. When I went on it for the first time in 7 years this last spring, it almost bought a tear to my eye to see how run down it has become. Not only does it need a new film, or maybe even remaster the curent one if the budget is slim, but it needs an overhaul. the ride isn't as smooth as it used to be, the doors would clater almost so loud you couldn't hear the film. The film was wasn't as clear or colorful as I remember. the last time I rode it I looked around at the other riders, no one looked thrilled. no oohs or ahhs. The ride felt old. I don't know maybe I've grown synical, but I still enjoy the other Disney attractions as much or even more than I did as a kid/teen.

I think the Grand Canyon section of the Disneyland Railroad should be updated. The dinosaurs aren't very lively. And the present day Grand Canyon set looks ridiculously fake. It'd be cool to have a loud T-Rex grawl or roar come from the opposite side of the scene. (this may be a little Jurassic Parkish, but it may make the scene more interesting)

I agree with a Star Tours update. It seems that its popularity has dwindled in recent years. Maybe some new simulation technology and a new movie could refresh this aging attraction.

I think it would be cool if every theatre in Star Tours had a different destination. THat way, one never knows where one will go next.

• Banned User

I think Innoventions, its getting too old and boring, we only go there for like 3 hours because, the little kids love to play virtual soccer and to see ASIMO, besides that, it pretty boring!And i think all dark rides need fixing, my mom says that they look really fake and not as Disneyish as she used to remember.

• The one, the only...

I think a distinction has to be made between a refurbishment and a "heavy makeover."

Heavy Makeover category: Tomorrowlandó Peoplemover, Astrojets and subs restored. HISTA and Innoventions replaced with something better. (Hopefully Mission: Space added... Well, I can hope. Can't I?)

Refurbishment: (This is improvement to effects and ride systems) PoC and Haunted Mansion could use some TLC. HM should get that soon with Halloween overlay. PoC is scheduled for Spring. Not too bad a wait.

Pooh... Well, that really needs to be in Fantasyland. I would trash the whole ride and put in something that fits the theme of the area.

There is progress in DL. It is just slow. But we are fortunate. WDW is REALLY needing some refurbishment and upgraded rides and nothing is scheduled for them. Disneyland has Nemo Subs and DCA Monsters coming. WDW has squat! I will look like Disneyland 2003 very soon if some changes aren't made.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• pixie cutie

Snow white needs a total make over. Eliminate all the skeletons chained to the wall. Less evil queen. More snow white.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    There is progress in DL. It is just slow. But we are fortunate. WDW is REALLY needing some refurbishment and upgraded rides and nothing is scheduled for them. Disneyland has Nemo Subs and DCA Monsters coming. WDW has squat! It will look like Disneyland 2003 very soon if some changes aren't made.
    It is Disneyland's 50th, not WDW. Florida can wait for once, as it is our time to shine.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

I would like to see the Matterhorn get the Extreme Makeover treatment. To bring the old girl up to a modern day standard and give it the same attention that the other mounatins in the Park have gotten in recent years..

I mean, Space is great now & that goes without saying. Splash is already a newer ride and has been refreshed in recent years, Big Thunder got a lot of physical attention when it was closed after the accident, Matterhorn is still jerky although I hear it looks a lot better after it got freshened up a little last time it was closed.

I just think with sooooo much potential with that ride, they could really make it a super special attraction without taking away it's nostalgic charm.

• Disney Blood Sisters

I think they need to throw out Honey I shrunk the audience.....It's getting way old. It's one of those attractions where it's good only the first time around.
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• now on the mainland

I think all of Tomorrowland needs a makeover, which they are doing slowly. I have never rode Pooh (call it a lack of desire), but given the video I saw of it from Visions Fantastic, I would say either give it a super makeover or replace it and apologize to the public for such a horrible attraction being allowed in. I agree that the Grand Cannyon could certainly use a makeover (as in updating the technology and refreshing the scenes), as well as Star Tours. Though Star Tours, dare I say (dare, dare), could be replaced with something else.

• =)

I agree that POTC and HM could use a little touching up, but nothing more.

Winnie the Pooh, in its current state, is the scariest dark ride ever and deserves to either be given the "House of the Future" treatment or totally revamped.

"That was a lovely dream!" Ooh...shivers...

I don't mind the Pooh ride. Actually, I really don't know what everyone is complaining about. I do, however, wish they had based the ride on all the classic stories. I seems the MANY Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has become the Single Adventure in that the ride is only based on Winnie the Pooh and The Blustery Day. What about The Honey Tree, And Tigger Too?

If Disney is all about being Politically Correct, than wouldn't the Food scene in Pirates of the Caribbean be INcorrect?

I wish The Haunted Mansion was a bit more scarier.

Mission: Space would fit perfectly in Innoventions.

• My prices are INSANE!

I definitely think that Star Tours needs a major update. With multiple adventures, so you don't know what adventure your going to experience. A few ideas for the film's would be to have a chase through the capitol city of Courisant. Following the Mulenium Falcon into the Death Star. Following a pod racer during a race. Who knows, maybe Captain Rex alway's wanted to be a pod racer?

But I would really like to see a major rehab of Big Thunder Mountain. Do what they did with Space Mountain but improve the track design. I really hate the ending right after the collapsing cave. The drop at the end is very anticlimactic, they need to kick it up a notch. And I always wished they would extend the track so it would interact more with the footpath instead of that giant woooden fence. The track could be expanded out into the area where the Big Thunder Ranch now occupies. Build a show building that house's a giant cavernous mining room with the Big Thunder Railroad barreling and twisting through it.

The Disneyland railroad could pass through the cave and a have a view of the show inside. And with the location of the tracks, you wouldn't have to re-route the tracks. Very similiar to the concept painting done for Indiana Jones that showed the Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones jeep ride, and a run away rollercoaster type mine ride all interacting in this giant cavern full of molten lava.

Now I'm rambling.

But besides the outlandish bable I just spouted, I do think these rides need some updating.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Wonderful World

Autotopia BIG TIME.They need to add alot more stuff.
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast