Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Any rides you loved as a child but now can't stand?

Autopia. Knowing how to drive kind of takes the fun out. But the gas prices on the ride are FAR cheaper

Astro Orbiters (that's the right spelling yea?) Ever since that "art" structure appeared at the entrance of tomorrowland. I just... can't ride.. just can't.

I used to love Innoventions, now.. I don't know why.

• Disney Princess

-Autopia
    -Casey Jr.
    -Gadget's Go Coaster
    -Astro Orbitor's

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I can't say that I even liked this one as a child, but I have never been one for Snow White's Scary Adventures......and she's not even featured in the attraction!
    Snow White is in the ride. In the first scene, there in the dwarves' house, climbing the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    submarines. LOVED them as a child and I really don't care for them now.
    Exactly. The new incarnation is so... cheap. No where near as enjoyable an attraction as it used to be.

And I'd say the Astro Orbitor, but it wasn't around when I was a kid. I went to DL in 1995, and didn't make it back until 2006. So, I left with so many great attractions still there, and came back with, well... umm... yeah. Not so much anymore.

Other than that, though, no. I still love everything that I did as a kid, and now that I'm not afraid, even more- Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Pirates (couldn't stand the drops, although I loved the rest of it), Splash, Indy, and Space!!

• Sock Puppet

I wouldn't say that I can't stand any of the rides as an adult, but I do not enjoy the Matterhorn or Tea Cups like I used to.

The Matterhorn rides more like the Flintstone mobile in my eyes an an adult. My aging back gets a little annoyed if I enjoy it more than once a year.

The Tea Cups don't get me sick, but I don't care for the spinning sensation any longer. Again, it's a once a year ride for me...

Thank goodness there are plenty of other rides and attractions to keep me entertained.

• Sock Puppet

I can't say that I even liked this one as a child, but I have never been one for Snow White's Scary Adventures......and she's not even featured in the attraction!

Huh???

She's been there every one of the couple hundred or so times that we have enjoyed the show.

Well, since about 1983 anyway...

• We Want The Redhead

The subs used to really capture my imagination as a kid. Now I find the attraction to simply not be worth the wait. On the other hand, my wife used to hate them when we would go together, and now they're her fave...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

1. Autopia. I can barely fit in those cars and its boring as hell now for me. I guess driving in freeway traffic everyday has made me a little bitter, lol. Plus its taking up SO much landspace, ugh. I understand it will appeal to kids, but cant they do something to make it somewhat appealing to adults, like say take out those automatic directing tracks. I mean what kind of fun is it to just basically to step on a gas pedal? lol

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    1. Autopia. I understand it will appeal to kids, but cant they do something to make it somewhat appealing to adults, like say take out those automatic directing tracks. I mean what kind of fun is it to just basically to step on a gas pedal? lol

Yeah, like when Walt first designed it!

But then again, you speak of driving in everyday traffic. Can you imagine Autopia w/o those directing tracks!

It would end up just like the 5 during commute time. Or worse!

LOL, nice OldSchoolMickey

Actually, I couldn't stand the Haunted Mansion as a kid but now I love it

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There are rides that I don't ride often due to lines, but it doesn't mean I can't stand them. Tea Cups make me ill, but I still love that they're there. Autopia is probably the one I avoid the most... but I appreciate what they do for youngsters. I have fond memories of the Autopia and don't want taken away from my future kids.

There are rides there though that are *new* and I just can't stand. I don't wanna blame it on nostalgia... I just think they really are a waste of space and offer nothing intellectual at all.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I would say that Autopia has lost some of its magic for me. I agree that actually being able to drive has something to do with it. But I wouldn't say that I can't stand it anymore. It's still fun to go on as adults and act goofy in little cars.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Any rides you loved as a child but now can't stand?

Snow White's Scary Adventures......and she's not even featured in the attraction!
    The original idea was that the rider was the character. There was no Snow White because you were Snow White. But few ever understood this, so she was added in 1983.

I wouldn't say "can't stand now", but spinning holds much less appeal these days than in the past ever since we were left on a Tilt-a-Whirl for about 5 minutes at the county fair a few years back. I can go on the tea cups if needed, but once a day is enough.

Ain't it odd how people often call others stupid for not knowing the actual name of an attraction, but never for the Mad Tea Party. Strange, that.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I used to like POTC, Haunted Mansion and Star Tours and now I can't stand any of them. In fact, I don't really like any of the rides at Disneyland. I usually just go to people watch and take pictures. I still go on the rides if people I'm with want to, but I don't enjoy them.

Edit: This was a joke, but after re-reading it sounds too serious so I'm putting this here. I love Disneyland and all of the rides even though I don't go on some often if the lines are too long because they're not worth it. i.e. Autopia, Nemo, Dumbo...
    Last edited by dlandjimmy; 09-26-2008 at 11:13 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I won't say "can't stand anymore" but I will say that there are some things that have lost their childhood charm. Things such as Tom Sawyer's Island and the Treehouse don't work as much as an adult than when I was a kid.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast