Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland guests who banked with WaMu - FREE ATM's a

I hope they don't change the name, I love WAMU.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland guests who banked with WaMu - FREE ATM's a

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Hmm... maybe so, but credit unions are much more reliable and stable than any bank ever will be. Which is why I'm very glad I'm with a credit union.
    Yeah, true, but it kind of sucks when you're not part of a bank and all you see are BoA and WaMu ATMs all over the place. Fees are killers!

Anyways, good for all you WaMu people!

I get a little cash out before I come and generally just use credit when I'm at DL, so I can't even tell you what banks have ATMs at the park, but...

I'm sort of surprised that Disney doesn't insist that the banks that have the privilege of having ATMs at Disneyland wave withdrawal fees. More people would be more willing to get that extra cash out and buy things.

• no flash photography...

I didn't even know DL had ATM's. I've never needed to take money out while there. I guess I just plan ahead and come with what I need. *shrug*

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Hmm... maybe so, but credit unions are much more reliable and stable than any bank ever will be. Which is why I'm very glad I'm with a credit union.

But this is great news for those who do bank with WaMu.
    What about people like me who bank with both Wamu and a credit union?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

One thing about credit unions, they are not FDIC insured. Not saying credit unions are bad. I just said I bank with one. But this is something to keep in mind.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    One thing about credit unions, they are not FDIC insured. Not saying credit unions are bad. I just said I bank with one. But this is something to keep in mind.
    Credit Unions are Federally insured, just like banks are with the FDIC, it is just that Credit Unions are handled under a different name, with the same basic rules and regulations, and the same first $100,000 guarantee, it is known as "NCUA".

National Credit Union Administration - Home Page

The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

oh so people can feel better about their bank being bought out, other banking failures, diving stock prices, their homes being foreclosed and getting stuck with a $700 billion bailout for the rich bankers by saving $2.50 at the ATM? Cooool

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

This thread was NOT meant to be a political thread, but a "Disney geek" thread, pointing out the fact that more Disney fans wouldn't be charged an ATM surcharge... that is the only point being made here.

If you want to talk politics, become a Gold member and go to the Debate Lounge.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    This thread was NOT meant to be a political thread, but a "Disney geek" thread, pointing out the fact that more Disney fans wouldn't be charged an ATM surcharge... that is the only point being made here.

If you want to talk politics, become a Gold member and go to the Debate Lounge.
    so your supposed to become a paying member and have a smaller audience if you have real opinion about real events are not political in that they are happening TO EVERYONE.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    so your supposed to become a paying member and have a smaller audience if you have real opinion about real events are not political in that they are happening TO EVERYONE.
    I agree with this. Why would I become a paying member, I'm bullied enough by the high posting elitists on here.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, I am associated with the site as a writer/photographer for MiceAge, and very happy to work with folks like Dusty Sage, Monorail Man, Al Lutz, Kevin Yee, etc....

Some of the "policies" are for the good of the entire board, as there are issues with search engines and the avoidance of being not rated due to questionable content.

Some are related to "age" issues, as this website is read by people of all ages, and the minimally priced Gold feature can address that issue.

But this is basically a Theme/Amusement Park site, yes we discuss other divisions of Disney and other Entertainment companies, but if you truly want to discuss politics, there are PLENTY of other sites that focus on politics.

FYI, the above is JUST my personal opinion, and I receive NOTHING from MiceChat Gold fees.

Now stepping off my soap box and heading to Knott's Scary Farm!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    But most if not all are NCUA insured which is the same as the FDIC is to banks.
    Matthew

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

MiceChat is a family friendly, Disney web site. The more "hot topic" topics are in an adults only space. If you have an isuue with that, post it in the appropriate forum. Now let's stop the site bashing and get back on topic. Thank you.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Hey all! Got a little tense back there! Just a little note, People who bank with Wamu, you technically still bank with wamu for now. Wamu is still operating under its own FDIC insurance and license it is just now owned by JP Morgan Chase. If you attempt to use your debit card on a chase machine, such as the ones at Disneyland, you will still incure a fee until the systems of wamu and chase are merged. These basic things should be cleared up within a few days or maybe weeks, but be aware that you will be charged that 2.50 or whatever it is until either your debit card says chase on it or JP Morgan chase/wamu tells you their systems are now operating together and you can access your accounts through either! So for a little while anyway you will still have to stop on the way for cash!

As for the whole why disney lets them charge a fee, it simply has to do with logistics, while disney definitely wants your money they dont want to have to deal with a lot of cash. Not all cast members are golden so there is the theft issue, as well as the issue of transporting cash and issuing change. They would rather have you use credit or debit because it is cheaper to pay the flat fee the card companies charge than it is to set up and maintain a central vault with the huge quantaties of change disney would need to run the park on cash!

Who knew my financial background would ever help on this site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast