Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

One piece of Good news for Disneyland guests who banked with WaMu - FREE ATM's a

Since JPMorgan bought out WaMu (Washington Mutual) Thursday, there is one good piece of news..

JPMorgan is actually JPMorgan Chase, and Chase is the official bank for Disney, so the ATM's in the parks are now available to you at no extra charge!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland AP holders that banked with WaMu - FREE ATM

Yah! No more fees for me!

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland AP holders that banked with WaMu - FREE ATM

Way to make a Disney connection on the WaMu takeover!!! That is very good news!!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is great news! I often times go to the DLR without a single penny in my pocket. Meals and merchandise can be purchased using my Wamu debit card. But if I want a churro or popcorn I had to use the ATM and incur a fee.

Now I can use the park's ATMs instead of going to an actual Wamu ATM ahead of time.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wait one second. Something about this doesn't make sense.

How is this good only for AP holders? Does Disney have a deal with JP Morgan to charge a fee for regular guests who might happen to have a Wamu account?

Why Apers and not regular guests?

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

How is this good only for AP holders? Does Disney have a deal with JP Morgan to charge a fee for regular guests who might happen to have a Wamu account?

It doesn't exclude non-ap's. I think the assumption was made that AP'ers are the folks who may make the spur-of-the-moment park visit, maybe more likely to use an in-park ATM machine. While a non-AP visitor might have planned their park visit for weeks, months, years, and have most monitary details in place before stepping foot into the park; JMHO.

Well this is the best piece of news since my trip is exactly one week away and I'm terrible at remembering to get cash out.

Curiouser and curiouser...

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    Way to make a Disney connection on the WaMu takeover!!! That is very good news!!!!
    You know you're a Disney nerd when...

Seriously awesome news though Darkbeer... thanks. I just wish it had been 2 weeks ago so I didn't have to pay the $2.75 fee at the park ATM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Where the shadow on the moon at night shines

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland guests who banked with WaMu - FREE ATM's a

YAHOO! That is sweet news for me and the hubby!!! Thank you Darkbeer!
    Halloween at Christmas is my kind of deal!

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: One piece of Good news for Disneyland guests who banked with WaMu - FREE ATM's a

count on us disney geeks to see the little silver linings in this crazy economy issue...

i too am excited about no ATM fees.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Where the shadow on the moon at night shines

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

I'm most positive its 99.99999% of all guests edit* who bank with WaMu*, but as a AP holder I have the tendency of taking out money at the park. Maybe a common habit?
    Halloween at Christmas is my kind of deal!

• Goofy

so there is no catch in this deal? im might consider using my washington atm card.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Good news should I ever have to use an ATM while I'm there! Maybe this bank takeover isn't so bad after all.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I don't have a ATM. But my question is this. I bank at WaMu I wonder now when they change are Dibit cards would they have a design where u can have a Disney dibit card on it like how Bank of America has like sports, Hello Kitty and others on there card. I think that would be great if dibit cards have Disney on them.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Hmm... maybe so, but credit unions are much more reliable and stable than any bank ever will be. Which is why I'm very glad I'm with a credit union.

But this is great news for those who do bank with WaMu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast