Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Arrow A CHARACTER CHALLENGE (sort of)...

What is the largest number of character encounters you have had, in one day.

Have you ever gone to the park and did nothing but seek out characters? Well okay, maybe not "nothing but" but, very few rides, and mostly character sightings.

Halloween Season is upon us, which villain would you like to see?

And, lastly... Amongst what is "rare" appearances who would you like to see?

I have a small answer to sum up, I don't know if its a fair one though...
    I'd like all the characters that make an appearance at WDW Hollywood Studios, and Epcot to visit us for a month.

• I'm not really here

Re: A CHARACTER CHALLENGE (sort of)...

Most I think we got in a single day was 7. But they were all (except for PFF) on the way to other rides, so we weren't seeking them out or anything.

I'd love for some of the princesses to be in their non-princess garb. Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Queen Elsa

1. Hmm good question I'm going to have to go though my pictures to see how many I got in one day. I will have to come back and give you that answer.

2. That is what I do everytime I'm at Disneyland I go for the characters only. I don't go on the rides until after they leave for the night around 5 or 6pm.

3. Mr. Smee, Don Carage

4. Daisy Duck & Prince Eric.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Most I think we got in a single day was 7. But they were all (except for PFF) on the way to other rides, so we weren't seeking them out or anything.

I'd love for some of the princesses to be in their non-princess garb. Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella.
    I'd love for some of the princesses to be in their non-princess garb. Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella

Oooo... hey... yeah, hadn't thought of that. GOOD ONE. I'm liking that. Okay, I'll vote good idea (check)

• Banned User

Wink Re: A CHARACTER CHALLENGE (sort of)...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    1. Hmm good question I'm going to have to go though my pictures to see how many I got in one day. I will have to come back and give you that answer.

2. That is what I do everytime I'm at Disneyland I go for the characters only. I don't go on the rides until after they leave for the night around 5 or 6pm.

3. Mr. Smee, Don Carage

4. Daisy Duck & Prince Eric.
    You, uh.. um.. okay So, Hook.. You and I need to go to the parks together one day. I'm ready when you are. I have ALWAYS wanted to do a character seek out. Never have. Don't know why (shrug) just haven't.

That is what I do everytime I'm at Disneyland I go for the characters only. I don't go on the rides until after they leave for the night around 5 or 6pm. I haven't always wanted to do this, hearing your comment is just main street music to my ears. Thanks for posting
    Are you dressed yet? At the gates yet? c'mon c'mon... hurry up

• Queen Elsa

Well I when though my pictures and I counted them and I have gotten 8 characters 3 times is the most. Here are the 8 characters different times of chourse.

Group 1=8/7/04

Group 2=1/20/07

Group 3=5/26/07

I enjoy meeting the characters, but don't seek out every character roaming the park. I like to meet my favorites, but that's about it. I also like to avoid long waits to see them. So my high number probably came last December when I saw 4 or 5. My best character day would be the one when I waited maybe 5 minutes total to see my favorite two characters, Mickey and Sleeping Beauty.

I've never met any of the villains, though if Darth Vader or Maul do meet and greets, I'd get a picture taken with them.

As for rare characters, it would be cool to see Clarice provided they have her hanging out with Chip and Dale to ensure that hilarity ensues.

Belle is almost always in her regular garb at WDW. Aurora as Briar Rose would be awesome, but I'll be surprised if it ever happens. It would not shock me at all if a lot of people wondered who in the world the tall girl with long blonde hair was.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
    Aurora as Briar Rose would be awesome, but I'll be surprised if it ever happens. It would not shock me at all if a lot of people wondered who in the world the tall girl with long blonde hair was.
    Wouldn't it be awesome, if in conjunction with the DVD release and the opening of the walkthrough, they had Briar Rose out front and to the sides of the castle where the bushes and such are? She'd fit perfectly there, and then later in the day have her as Princess Aurora inside the courtyard area or out in front of the castle proper. I think they could totally pull it off and they should!

A while ago techskip had a wonderful idea to have Belle (in her normal clothes) sit down with kids in the Princess shop and read a quick story.

Or they could have Ariel and Eric come out and do a quick dance or two in the Castle Courtyard (like they do in the movie in the town square), invite couples and kids to join them.

The possibilities for character interaction with them are limitless... and Disney should so take advantage of any opportunity to make it feel even more like these characters really do LIVE here. And it would breath so much life into the areas where they would be.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Those are great ideas. I liked it for that brief period in 2006 when Mickey came out to lead the band in front of the castle and then Phillip and Aurora would dance to Once Upon a Dream before playing Walt's dedication speech.

And I'm in favor of anything that makes it so guests don't have to deal with the crapshoot otherwise known as the PFF should they want to meet a specific princess.

One thing that Disneyland used to do very well was the apparent "randomness" of meeting the characters. I understand that the CMs need breaks and so forth, but there is something special about walking around the park and suddenly seeing a character. But I think the cash registers and the forthcoming bippdi boppiti boutique by the PFF signal the end of those days.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I think the most I've done in one day was 6 or 7. About 90% of the time I run into them and stand in line. Only one or two times have I actually followed the characters to a certain spot where they were stopping for pictures.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Well I when though my pictures and I counted them and I have gotten 8 characters 3 times is the most. Here are the 8 characters different times of chourse.

Group 1=8/7/04

Group 2=1/20/07

Group 3=5/26/07

You actually SAW King Louie, at OUR parks. I'm in shock! WOW, what a photo and what a day that must have been. I have never seen king louie other than fantasmic. Great pics! Thank you for sharing!

• Banned User

As for rare characters, it would be cool to see Clarice provided they have her hanging out with Chip and Dale to ensure that hilarity ensues.

Belle is almost always in her regular garb at WDW. Aurora as Briar Rose would be awesome, but I'll be surprised if it ever happens.

Oh.. I like these. Clarice, good one!! Aurora and Briar Rose.. NICE. She's my favorite princess too.

• Oo-de-lally

I have never gone to the park just to see the characters. I would say the most I have encountered in a day is 4 or 5.

The Villains I would love to see is Jafar, Hook, Sherriff of Nottingham. I would also like to see Madam Mim (Sword and the Stone) and Professor Ratigan (Great Mouse Detective) but I do not think they even have costumes for them.

As far as rare characters go I want to see Robin Hood, Little John, Scrooge Mc Duck
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Banned User

Smile Re: A CHARACTER CHALLENGE (sort of)...

The possibilities for character interaction with them are limitless...

So very very very true.

I wish, other than the fab five and PFF, that Disney would bring in nothing but rare characters. Like as a special thing. For a months time. They could called it a characters celebration.

Even in pooh corner. Swap those guys for Piglet Rabbit and Rue, or Kanga or Christopher Robin or Owl.

If you could choose what characters would roam the parks what would you choose. So far we've had suggestions of:
    -princesses to be in their non-princess garb. Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella.
    -Mr. Smee, Don Carage, Daisy Duck & Prince Eric.
    -Clarice
    -Jafar
    -Sherriff of Nottingham.
    -Madam Mim (Sword and the Stone)
    -Professor Ratigan (Great Mouse Detective)
    -Robin Hood
    -Little John
    -Scrooge Mc Duck
    -Malificent
    -White Witch from Narnia

New comers to this thread, who would you like to see?
    Last edited by Jiminy Crickett; 09-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

In 2005, we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and saw tons of characters. This was when the party was new and not so popular. Now it is very crowded, but back then, the characters were easy to get to. This one year we saw at least 11 characters. Check them out.

Technically not characters, but these were the dancers from the villians show and my husband wanted his picture taken with them.

I would love to see Hades. He is in a few parades around WDW, but I have never seen him posing. And one I have never seen but know he is out there somewhere, is Jiminy Cricket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast