Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Ride Posters for Sale at World of Disney

Wow Circarama... great collection! I especially love the Pinocchio parking sign

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Tell me about it, Circarama!

I think I'm about starting to wind it down finally. There are a few more I want to get as soon as they come available.

Great collection, by the way!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

These are the first Disney souvenirs I've seen in a while that really have my interest....so many memories of seeing the Monorail pass over the beams holding up these threasured posters in the old parking lot.

It's going to be a while before I make it down. Do they have these online or only at DTD?

Will they still be selling these by holiday time, do you think?

Thanks for the neat thread Extravabonanza, and Circama - I think you should be the room designer for one of those TV shows.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    Any idea how much the framed posters are? I know that the framing takes the price up quite a few notches.
    The prints are $35 and the frames, I believe, are $45.00. That isn't bad, because they are an odd shape and you can't get it framed at a framing shop for that cost. Of course, you have only 2 choices of color (gold and black) and they have swirly Mickey heads around the edges. You can hardly tell, and I like them, but, some people do not.

• Banned User

Forget the posters....I'd love to have that Pinocchio parking lot sign, Charlie!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    The prints are $35 and the frames, I believe, are $45.00. That isn't bad, because they are an odd shape and you can't get it framed at a framing shop for that cost. Of course, you have only 2 choices of color (gold and black) and they have swirly Mickey heads around the edges. You can hardly tell, and I like them, but, some people do not.
    Just think of the fun asking dinner party guests to find all of your "hidden Mickeys".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

I must say that I like that Parking Lot sign too. Having been trained out there in the old "Lot" as well while a CM (when Parking Lot was part of attractions), how cool would that be to have an old "Lot" section sign.

I'm sure that finding a tractor from one of the old Lot trams (my home away from home for two summer night shifts) on ebay might be a little difficult, so I'd settle for one of those old signs. : )

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Just think of the fun asking dinner party guests to find all of your "hidden Mickeys".
    Too funny, Barry! My friends (who are NOT Disney nuts) would think I'd finally toppled over the edge of sanity!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    I must say that I like that Parking Lot sign too. Having been trained out there in the old "Lot" as well while a CM (when Parking Lot was part of attractions), how cool would that be to have an old "Lot" section sign.

: )
    I spent from 1968 til they started to build DCA walking in and out from that lot to DL. And, I remember MANY a night, being crabby and trying to find the stupid car! haha!

• "I Break Things"

We used to get a poster for a departing Skip and then everyone would sign it. Originally I tried to avoid this tradition when I left but it was made clear that I would get a poster so I could either pick it out or it would be a surprise. I'm a classic person, so I chose a black and white concept of Jungle that has the boat steaming away. My fellow Skips signed all around the white border in black ink, with my old A lead taking the center sweet spot! I have it in the room, every time I see it, it makes me cry.

So for me it is an unforgettable memory, captured on print. A perfect souvenir.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    We used to get a poster for a departing Skip and then everyone would sign it. Originally I tried to avoid this tradition when I left but it was made clear that I would get a poster so I could either pick it out or it would be a surprise. I'm a classic person, so I chose a black and white concept of Jungle that has the boat steaming away. My fellow Skips signed all around the white border in black ink, with my old A lead taking the center sweet spot! I have it in the room, every time I see it, it makes me cry.

So for me it is an unforgettable memory, captured on print. A perfect souvenir.
    Pics please!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I spent from 1968 til they started to build DCA walking in and out from that lot to DL. And, I remember MANY a night, being crabby and trying to find the stupid car! haha!
    You weren't alone, I Heart! It was amazing how big that Lot seemed to get for the guests after a long day at Disneyland. : )

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Charlie has a great collection of original size attraction posters.

Since we're sharing pics, here are two of the mini posters I had framed,
    Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room - both have a thick dark bamboo
    frame that I love! Had a friend that worked at a framming shop, and suggested
    this particular frame. Initially, I thought that the frame would be too thick,
    (It's about three times as thick as the light baboo frame that DL often uses
    for their Adventureland prints) But after it was done, it ends up being just perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Charlie has a great collection of original size attraction posters.
    Does anyone know exactly what size the originals are?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

The original (and the lithographed reproductions sold by the Disney Gallery in the 1990's) were 36" x 54".
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast