Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ride Posters for Sale at World of Disney

A while back there was a post regarding good souvenirs to buy at Disneyland. Someone mentioned the posters of the rides (as seen in the DL entry tunnels) that can be framed and purchased at the World of Disney store. Does anyone have or know where I can find further information on pricing and selection?

Has anyone bought these and were you satisfied? I'm planning on buying one on my next trip but I wanted to get a better idea of prices.

Thanks!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• I'm not really here

Re: Ride Posters for Sale at World of Disney

As of 2 weeks ago, they were $35.00 for a poster. They come with a matte included, you can buy the frame seperately.

They are also sold on Main Street (store on East side that has all the collectibles, I forget the name now), and in Frontierland.

Posters I saw were, Big Thunder, Monorail (old and new), Astro Orbiter and one other I can't recall.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I think the matted 12"x18"ish one's are about $35. The matting matches the posters really well. I have about 4 of them. The monorail, POTC and a couple others I can't think of off the top of my head.

I really like them though.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I have bought matted, unframed posters though I can't remember the exact price. As they range in size, they also range in price. I believe that the smallest ride posters are $15, but I could be completely off there. You can also purchase these beauties in both parks.

I love all of my posters! I have 20x24's of Haunted Mansion and POTC. I plan on getting the Tiki Room and Big thunder Mountain posters soon.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Any idea how much the framed posters are? I know that the framing takes the price up quite a few notches.
    A little bit about me...
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.

Thanks for the great information so far!
    A little bit about me...
    Next trip goals:
    2) Get over to TSI.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I think it takes the smaller sized posters up to $80-$100 area. But I don't remember clearly.

• Still lost in Neverland

They also have the Train Around the Park poster and the Jungle Cruise Poster which are the two most detailed posters. Don't get them framed at Disneyland though. Go to a local framing store or get the frams and do it yourself at Michaels or just about any large art store. The rule of thumb for having prints framed is the frame should cost 3 times the cost of the print. I find that rule to be stupid. The frames for do it yourself are inexpensive and look great. Black or Gold works best. They come pachaged in twos. You need two packes with 2 long and 2 short frame sides. Each package has 2 matching frame lenghts, the fasteners and mounting stuff. You also need to get a glass or plastic sheet to cover the print. The whole thing doing it this way should cost you no more that $25. Having the store do it for you with custom framing is going to run from $75 to $100. Doing it yourself is very easy and inexpensive and the results are just as good. These prints come matted as well so that is another savings for you. I do all my own framing this way and if you have seen the pictures of my apartment on another thread here, you can see all the prints and posters that I have and they are all self done.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• We Want The Redhead

[quote=mycroft16;3154024]
    They are also sold on Main Street (store on East side that has all the collectibles, I forget the name now)

Disneyana, where they also have a couple of kiosks where you can also view and order additional attraction posters not in stock.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Disneyana, where they also have a couple of kiosks where you can also view and order additional attraction posters not in stock.
    That's the one! Thanks.

The one I own so far is POTC, and we just got the matted version and then went and looked at Target, Walmart and Michaels (craft store) for frames that matched it really well. Ended up with a really nice, deep cherry wood frame with gold embelished rivets. Matches the pirate poster so well. I recommend getting your frame somewhere else where you'll have many more options for a LOT less. Frame was $15. Much less than the $80-$100 total you'll spend at Disney.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thanks everyone, this information so far is great!
    A little bit about me...
    Next trip goals:
    2) Get over to TSI.

• E T1CK3T

They have ALOT of attractions now... most or all of the Tomorrowland attractions (PeopleMover, Skyway, ATIS, Sub Voyage, Rocket to the Moon, even the Flying Saucers), Pirates, New and Original Monorail, Matterhorn, DLRR, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Tree House, Tom Sawyer's Island, Country Bear Jamboree, and some Fantasyland attractions as well. Ones I've never seen are Big Thunder and the Columbia. I usually check everytime I go now, and I currently own 7 of them. I've found that it's a toss-up what attractions they might have that day, but as of late, they've had a great, mixed selection.

• Minion

I've been thoroughly satisfied, Extra. And must admit I've gone a little crazy when it comes to buying them.
    I started out with purchasing the ones for the attractions I worked in Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Main St.
    Nostalgia kicked in and I've bought a whole bunch of other ones that represented the attractions of my youth too.
    From what I've seen they tend to rotate the ones they have for sale. You'll see one for a while, and then it will disappear. They'll bring in new ones. Etc.
    The ones I have for the attractions I worked: Small World, Skyway, Peter Pan, Snow White, Autopia, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Pinocchio, Disneyland RR, Inner Space. Attractions I worked but haven't seen posters for yet: America Sings, Toad, Casey, Motorboats. Not sure how many of them they made posters for though.
    The purely nostalgic ones I've bought: Subs, Mansion, Pirates, Monorail, Tom Sawyer's Island, Peoplemover, Columbia, Jungle, Frontierland (Nature's Wonderland) and Swiss Family Treehouse. There's a cool Rivers of America one for Mark Twain that I should have bought but haven't seen it for a while now.
    That's a sampling of what I've seen available.
    I find them to be very cool. I have about ten of them hanging in my guest bedroom at any one time and then I rotate 'em. They're great conversation pieces when people see them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The rule of thumb for having prints framed is the frame should cost 3 times the cost of the print. I find that rule to be stupid.
    It depends on what you want to do with the print itself. Off the shelf framing solutions look good, but generally have chemicals in the backing that can get into the print or do not provide a safe barrier from the print being smashed up against the glass. I think they have their purposes, and if you think that you'll always be able to replace your attraction poster with another one from Disney, then you probably don't need to be concerned.

I personally spent a bunch of money framing my Indy attraction poster after looking into just buying a standard frame for it. While it cost me about five times what the other framing option would have been, I know that it will be kept safe, and I don't know if I'll ever find another one, since it seems that Disney only sold 500 prints at one point in time (and this isn't one of those, but supposedly a really-for-real attraction poster). I didn't want to take any chances on it getting screwed up.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    ... And must admit I've gone a little crazy when it comes to buying them.
    Be careful... it gets addictive.

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast