Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Passenger Drop-Off

Isn't there a passenger drop-off zone close to Disneyland's main gate? I'd like to let my 89-year-old Aunt out of the car first, have her find a nice bench, and wait for me while I go off and park-n-tram it. Thanks!

• Far too curious

Re: Passenger Drop-Off

Yep, there is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

It's off of Harbor and Disney Way (I think). It's a 15 minute parking lot right next to the tram drop off.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Missing an Angel

There is also a drop off area in the Chip & Dale section of the parking structure. Depends on who you get while going thru the tolls, explain your situation about your aunt and request to park in Pinnochio. The trams are just across the crosswalk then.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

You can drop off in Timon, too. Just tell them that you are there to drop off someone.

• =)

We've used that fifteen-minute parking lot on Harbor for dropoffs, too. This one, right?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    We've used that fifteen-minute parking lot on Harbor for dropoffs, too. This one, right?
    That's the one I was thinking.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

They now have one in DTD too. It's by the Rainforest Cafe next to the monorail beam. NOT THE CIRCLE. They get really upset if you park there
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Disney co would like you to think they have a drop off but they really dont, the closest official one is on the Harbor blvd entrance it is the taxi and access paratransit for disabled drop off which i have used sadly it is right next to Harbor and very very far away from the main gate in fact hotel shuttles get a lot closer.

its a shame they dont consider their guests needs better, when I am being dropped off with my wheelchair in my own car (which I cant drive anymore) I am dropped off at the disabled parking at the downtown disney entrance and I usually take the monorail in but now that the monorail is so ($#*&$ 'D up that is either a very very long wait due to only purple being viable and that I have to wait for all the other wheelchairs to come and go ahead of me usually only one a time per trip it sux.

You would think they would have a way of allowing people to be dropped off right near the gate that are, elderly, disabled or just plain being dropped off and pickedup later with no parking involved.

but they dont

oh and being dropped off in chip n dale is stoopid you have go thru the parkng lines get a special pass then there is no dropoff area to speak of you have to find parking then the person has to get over to the shuttle and if in a wheelchair wait for available space, be strapped in then ride on the shuttle get unstrapped and then make your way to the main gate

just dumb

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Disney co would like you to think they have a drop off but they really dont, the closest official one is on the Harbor blvd entrance it is the taxi and access paratransit for disabled drop off which i have used sadly it is right next to Harbor and very very far away from the main gate in fact hotel shuttles get a lot closer.
    Really? Having done so, I couldn't disagree more. Take a look at this. The Harbor lot is much closer, and the path to the gate is much more direct. In fact, the only way it could be better would be if a street extended all the way through the middle of the esplanade...and that'd interfere with the tram routes. Is that what you're suggesting?

You would think they would have a way of allowing people to be dropped off right near the gate that are, elderly, disabled or just plain being dropped off and pickedup later with no parking involved.
    Again...what are you suggesting? How would you want them to handle this specifically?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Really? Having done so, I couldn't disagree more. Take a look at this. The Harbor lot is much closer, and the path to the gate is much more direct. In fact, the only way it could be better would be if a street extended all the way through the middle of the esplanade...and that'd interfere with the tram routes. Is that what you're suggesting?
    They really should have a drop off closer to the esplanade than what is on Harbor. Perhaps a redesign of the transportation hub would be a good idea.

Even from the Harbor Blvd. drop off is too far from the main entrance for many elderly and disabled people.

My father will be 80 in February and it's getting to the point now where he can hardly make it from the car to the church when him and mom go to church on Sundays.

It is one of my dreams to take them to Disneyland again since they can't do that anymore. I would be willing to rent a wheelchair but I know he won't be able to handle the walk from the drop-off on Harbor to the main entrance.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

uh before DCA and the esplanade there used to be a parking lot right in front of Disneyland with a drop off litterally right at the ticket booth lines they created the current setup moving a drop off very far away in comparison, I vote to bulldoze dca and the esplanade and put the parking lot back! me just being "funny"

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    uh before DCA and the esplanade there used to be a parking lot right in front of Disneyland with a drop off litterally right at the ticket booth lines they created the current setup moving a drop off very far away in comparison, I vote to bulldoze dca and the esplanade and put the parking lot back! me just being "funny"
    I couldn't agree more. Me just being "serious"

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm wondering if I might want to rent a wheelchair for my Aunt. If I drop her off in the Harbor lot, is there a place where she can sit while I go park and then get a wheelchair? And can I take the wheelchair out to that lot, or are they available only within the gates of the park proper?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Even from the Harbor Blvd. drop off is too far from the main entrance for many elderly and disabled people.
    Yes, but...and I hesitate to say this, because it always just sounds so hard and uncaring...but Disneyland isn't really for people who are very elderly or very disabled. I'm not happy about that, but there's only so much that can be done in a place that is intensely physical by nature to accommodate people whose bodies are unfortunately incapable of handling those intensely physical experiences.

I have elderly family members who can't really do the park anymore. I know that it's sad...really sad. I miss it immensely, and I'm sure it's extremely difficult for them. But sometimes you just have to find other things to do when you're with them.

All that being said...I'd totally support a redesign with a closer dropoff point if someone could just come up with a reasonable proposal. It's just that looking at the situation from above, I'm having a pretty difficult time thinking of anything that'd work, and no one else has proposed anything concrete either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast