• formerly PretzelSouls!

Disneyland Premium Annual Passport Restrictions

I am considering becoming an annual passholder to Disneyland. I was researching it on the Disneyland site and I noticed:

• 10% merchandise discount at select locations throughout the Disneyland® Resort ($10 minimum purchase; restrictions apply).

What are the select locations, and what restrictions apply?

• Exclusive benefits at select Downtown Disney® District locations

Which select Downtown Disney locations does this include?

• Free annual parking pass for the Mickey & Friends parking structure (subject to availability; restrictions apply).

What parking restrictions are there?

• 10-15% dining discount at select Disneyland® Resort restaurants ($10 minimum purchase; restrictions apply).

What are the select locations, what are the restrictions?

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Young Padawan

Re: Disneyland Premium Annual Passport Restrictions

For merchandise restrictions, you are not eligible to receive 10% off at Disney Vault 28, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Artist, Portrait Artists in New Orleans Square, Parasol Cart, and Crystal shops on Main Street and in New Orleans Square.
    Discounts are not valid n artist originals, limited editions, select collectibles, Disney Dollars, gift cards, arcades, shipping or taxes.
    At Downtown Disney you can get 10% off at AMC Theatres, Anne Geddes, Basin, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar, Club Libby Lu, Compass, ESPN Zone, Fossil, Haagen Dazs, Hair Wraps, House of Blues, Illuminations, Island Charters, Jamba Juice, La Brea Bakery, LEGO, Naples, Pearl Factory, Rainforest Cafe, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Something Silver, Starabilias, Sunglass Icon, Tom Kelly Caricatures, Tortilla Jo's and Wetzel's Pretzels.
    I'm not sure about the parking restrictions though.
    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland AP FAQ
    PARKING: The parking benefit, as applicable, is subject to availability and valid only in the Disneyland® Resort's Mickey & Friends parking structure. Parking is not guaranteed. Benefit not valid on an Annual Passport's corresponding blockout days. Annual Passholder must be in vehicle to receive parking benefit.
    Here's a list of all the places you can get discounts and the rules that go with each- Disneyland&reg Annual Pass | Disneyland&reg Annual Passport | Disneyland&reg Yearly Pass
    A signature should go here.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Thank you for the help!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Off to Neverland

I've used my discount with food when my bill was less than $10...so the minimum doesn't really matter, you just only get about a dollar off.

• Genteel Amphibian

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    I've used my discount with food when my bill was less than $10...so the minimum doesn't really matter, you just only get about a dollar off.
    Funny thing is I went with a group of friends once and they told me they were asked by a Cast Member "does anybody in your party have an annual pass" they told the CM yes she asked "what type" and they said "premium I think" and they still got the discount, I was actully on the other side of the park, so I guess it depends on the Cast Member.

• no flash photography...

I've never had any restrictions when i used my pass.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
    Funny thing is I went with a group of friends once and they told me they were asked by a Cast Member "does anybody in your party have an annual pass" they told the CM yes she asked "what type" and they said "premium I think" and they still got the discount, I was actully on the other side of the park, so I guess it depends on the Cast Member.
    I used to just flash mine also, but they recently have begun to have to swipe the caard to get the discount.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
    You're right, for me it has depended on the cast member. I always ask for the discount or put my card down even when I know it's less than 10 dollars, and about half CMs will give me the discount and the other half will state the 10 dollar restriction.
    When I was with my family and one of my parents (not AP holders) was buying, a few times we ate she'd be prevented from receiving my discount even when I was right beside her showing my pass, because she was using a credit card that had her name on it and not mine (we just used my card instead). Most of the times I could just hand her my pass for the discount though, because we have the same last name. There's no written rule that I know of that says you can't get the discount on food for your whole party when it's all on one tab if someone else is paying, but some CMs seemed to think so.
    If they have to scan the card into the computer now (they used to just see if it was premium and then type it in), I don't know if any of this will change; it might prevent sliding under the "over $10" rule, or prevent the discount if the credit/debit name doesn't match the AP name.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Slightly off topic...

If the cards are now being scanned at the individual locations for discount, etc....it seems to me that they are are also tracking your individual preferences and spending habits, much like supermarkets have done for years with the "club cards"....

Maybe?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-28-2008, 03:40 PM