Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daily/All time best cards for BLAB and TSMM

Here's an idea that probably would be too expensive to implement, but has potential to generate more repeat ridership:

Issue daily/trip score cards (similar to fast passes) to all guests that can be inserted into ride vehicles for BLAB and TSMM (and any future interactive attractions) which will track your daily best and, for longer stays, your trip best. The cards can be read in readers at the exit to both attractions, showing your best score, your average score, plus hints on how to score better next time. Additionally, at home, you could input a number on the card into a website which will give you the same info.

AP guests would be able to tie their daily card to their AP card and get their annual best/average and lifetime best/average for renewers.

Repeat daily guests could connect previous scores to their lifetime scores, again via the website.

Being able to track your scores and improvements, plus getting hints on how to score better, could boost ridership.

I realize this would be expensive to implement (hardware) plus would require a network (though that exists somewhat for BLAB already).
    Last edited by Mojave; 09-28-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Re: Daily/All time best cards for BLAB and TSMM

Great idea, I'd like to know if its possible or worth it to hit the 2nd Zurg, otherwise I think I'm pretty maxed out on BLAB in terms of strategy and where to shoot.

• Banned User

I really like that idea, it is like any video games that when you lose a stage you get hints for doing better. Not that anyone can loose in either of those games, but I love the printout idea. If they can give you millions of cards for Autopia then they can for other rides too.

• is enjoying a ukulele.

This is a fun idea. It gives the ride some replay value over what's already established there.

• The one and only

i have a question for anyone that rides BLAB:

can you see which internet person you're teamed up with?

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

i have a complaint with BLAB. my wife and i were just there this last week and rode it 3 times and only once out of the three did it record our scores and picture. and the first time, i had well over 1.2 million points. what gives? about 75% of the pictures that were taken when we were looking for ours, didnt come out.
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

The last two times I went on BLAB I got the picture but it didn't put the score on it! boo!!

My best score ever!

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    The last two times I went on BLAB I got the picture but it didn't put the score on it! boo!!
    yeah! the 1 picture that actually came through didnt have the score! whats up with that?
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Here's an idea that probably would be too expensive to implement, but has potential to generate more repeat ridership:

Issue daily/trip score cards (similar to fast passes) to all guests that can be inserted into ride vehicles for BLAB and TSMM (and any future interactive attractions) which will track your daily best and, for longer stays, your trip best.
    They could do this and just link it to your park ticket or AP. Right?
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    They could do this and just link it to your park ticket or AP. Right?
    Right, that's exactly what I was thinking.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TypeSJess View Post
    i have a complaint with BLAB. my wife and i were just there this last week and rode it 3 times and only once out of the three did it record our scores and picture. and the first time, i had well over 1.2 million points. what gives? about 75% of the pictures that were taken when we were looking for ours, didnt come out.
    Sorry to hear about that. No matter how old the ride is, it still has some glitches, like the sensors not reading the vehicles, the Space Cruisers not returning to the "Home" positions, etc......

Just tonight, but pictures showed up, but my scores didn't. It didn't show up on the score board. I was confused about that.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I've had incorrect scores posted with my ride photo. I've even had 2 scores show up even though I was riding alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordiekins View Post
    i have a question for anyone that rides BLAB:

can you see which internet person you're teamed up with?
    If you get teamed up, you get this:

For keeping track of scores, you could probably have scanners (two; one for each player) at the email terminals so it can keep tabs according to that player's park ticket or a card handed out like what's been suggested.

At any rate, this dropped-pictures things has got to get fixed before any sort of recordkeeping function is added. As for the ride's age, I wouldn't call 2005 old. I don't know the workings of the ride but I'm wondering if all the scorekeeping is done on the boats, or more to the point, what kind of communication there is between the boats and email-terminals/photos/etc. Or maybe if there's automated detection of inappropriate things in photos that's seeing things incorrectly more than it should be. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning and calibration. For example some targets look dirty or otherwise don't work.

yeah! the 1 picture that actually came through didnt have the score! whats up with that?
    I was bummed because I finally beat my personal best score (look at picture on the bottom) but all I got was this!

No Score!!! BOOOOO!!!

My best score ever!

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

How about instead of linking it to any cards, which would be expensive because of hardware, just have it linked to your email address. That way when you go to the computer, just type it in and all of your info gets brought up.

Then it's more of just a software thing, which is cheaper, you don't have to close for a refurb and it's easily upgradeable.

My 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast