Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Great source for MSEP history!
    I still have a couple versions of the small record with Mickey and some of the floats on the front. I never noticed till just now that the first record has the Chinese Dragon on it and a WDW logo while the other two have Pete's Dragon and Mushrooms. This first one cost only $1.79 and one of the others cost $2.98, still a bargain!

if only someone were brave enough to run over to Lantau Island and get Disneyland's Pleasure Island & Dwarf Mine floats back. I'd do it myself but i'm to busy. Thanks for the credit Pirate Pete. When it comes to a classic like the Electrical Parade, I do my homework!

• Gift Giver Extraordinare

I remember the Return to Oz float in the Summer of 1985. I wonder where those costumes ever wound up?
    Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

anyone out there know of a website that has pictures of some of the old floats....like Return to Oz, 25th Anniversary float, etc.

• Banned User

I still say they need to add floats to the parade... (If they wanted more people to visit.. Add more things.. change things... make it new and yet timeless...)

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    When I was a kid I just assumed that the MSEP was an ever-evolving thing that had new stuff every year. But it has remained basically unchanged (except for taking things out) for at least the last 15 years.

Why don't 'they' get it? :confused:
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Hooterville, USA

Bring back MSEP and make the parade worth watching! After seeing MSEP, these other parades just don't measure up. I'm sick of it being over in DCA like it's being punished or something. I want it back, and I want it now!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Having a Grand Day!

I think for the 100th they should do 'The Parades of the Disneyland Resort'. We know they never throw anything out, so why not run each major parade from a Aniversary (about every 5 years) for a period of 2 weeks throught the year?

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    I think for the 100th they should do 'The Parades of the Disneyland Resort'. We know they never throw anything out, so why not run each major parade from a Aniversary (about every 5 years) for a period of 2 weeks throught the year?
    Umm, do we have to include Parade of the Stars (POTS) since it was the 45th anniv. parade? Even though those floats still exist, I really don't want to see it again.
    Actually, those are probably the only past anniversary parade floats that still exist. Everything else has probably been destroyed, sold, or reused in another parade float.

• Banned User

I know WDW's floats... some are as olde as the park... (thought even better.. the frame is as old as the park but the design kept changing..) WDW probably still has every float from remember the magic thought... since the new parade all but one float was brand new...

I doubt DL keeps many olde floats around.. maybe some thought... cause who knows when they will make a "cheap" parade using recycled floats.. and besides... they sell their old floats to other resorts... like some floats from Electrical parade are at TDL....

and how hong Kong is getting 2 used parades... (one good.. one I hear is bad..)

• Having a Grand Day!

Ok, a parade with made up of the leading and trailing floats (can be replicas if needed) from every past aniversary parade at Disneyland, and we can cheat on POTS if needed.

I guess It's only WDW that doesn't throw things out (They still have 2 Mark IV trains!)

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Ok, a parade with made up of the leading and trailing floats (can be replicas if needed) from every past aniversary parade at Disneyland, and we can cheat on POTS if needed.

I guess It's only WDW that doesn't throw things out (They still have 2 Mark IV trains!)
    well WDW is huge they can afford to be pack rats

I'd like to see Disneyland manage to store all those floats that's almost insane I mean it's the oldest of the parks

I would like to see greater reuse of older floats and more special events like TDL does

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Bring back MSEP and make the parade worth watching! After seeing MSEP, these other parades just don't measure up. I'm sick of it being over in DCA like it's being punished or something. I want it back, and I want it now!
    I've never quite got how it's so much better on one street to another I mean you do have your parade and I honestly think it could do with a bit of updating

I also find it funny that most of the people who complain about were the parade is are APers who can easily hop back and forth between these things with no problem

then again the tourist who visits both parks can't complain about three nightime events to spread out either

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Electrical Parade

WOW! I have those two picture discs (two copies of each) with the original tags and the Electrical Water Pageant disc too (which uses the SAME music as the MSEP 1973 disc). I can't get over the arrangement of Baroque Hoedown with the funny bass line (pre-Don Dorsey) and the Angry Dragon loop. I also love the Small World, Briny Deep and the Disney Neon Finale loops too!

Also, I have the original recording of Baroque Hoedown on Perrey and Kingsley's KALEIDESCOPIC VIBRATIONS on Vanguard VSD-79264-THE ORGINAL RELEASE OF THIS CLASSIC!

I personally think Disney should re-master ALL of the music of the Electrical Parade from 1972 to today! and I agree with everyone on the priase of history knowledge!
    I still get "turned on" whenever I play this music!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    Great source for MSEP history!
    I still have a couple versions of the small record with Mickey and some of the floats on the front. I never noticed till just now that the first record has the Chinese Dragon on it and a WDW logo while the other two have Pete's Dragon and Mushrooms. This first one cost only $1.79 and one of the others cost $2.98, still a bargain!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123