Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Should DCA get a monorail station?

I always thought they should. Right next to Soarin' in Condor Flats. Some say it would be hard to determine who had a ticket to DCA, But it really wouldn't be that hard, Just leave one of the cars reserved for guests with a DCA tik and only allow that one car to exit at DCA station.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Code90 View Post
    The only conclusion I can come to is that the platform CM's probably were being lenient the day you rode for whatever reason. I remember riding the Mark III's back in the mid-80's. Even then, it was a single round trip from Tomorrowland to the Hotel Station and back.

Before DTD, the Monorail was actually busier during the dinner rush than it is today. However, there's still a large number of guests who wait for the Monorail after dinner... Even though it's often faster to walk to the main entrance.
    In fairness to the other poster I remember off season when a car had maybe 2 or 3 Guests on it... and I specifically remember staying on for 3 round trips without so much as switching a seat! It really depends on the crowds, and back then the "off" season was actually "off"! This was late 80's through mid 90's. I also remember having a couple round trips in 98 and 99... but I think it was a "there and back" and not multiple round trips like the "3" mentioned earlier.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    In fairness to the other poster I remember off season when a car had maybe 2 or 3 Guests on it... and I specifically remember staying on for 3 round trips without so much as switching a seat! It really depends on the crowds, and back then the "off" season was actually "off"! This was late 80's through mid 90's. I also remember having a couple round trips in 98 and 99... but I think it was a "there and back" and not multiple round trips like the "3" mentioned earlier.
    Yes, but like the other poster, it seems that your experience was more of an exception to the rule. For example, I once rode Pirates twice in a row when there was no one else in line. The cast members were nice enough to let me do that. If they told me to get off, I would have obeyed the rule.

Typically, the Monorail platform cast members are thorough in checking each car for guests before they open the loading gates. That's not to say that exceptions aren't made once in a while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234