Thread: Shopper's Pass:

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Shopper's Pass:

Effective immediately, the Shopper's Pass has been discontinued and will no longer be available.

If you don't know what the Shopper's Pass was, it really doesn't matter because you can't get one anymore.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Shopper's Pass:

When did it quit becoming available and why? I have used the shopper's pass in the past and so I'm curious as to how you have come to know that it has been discontinued.

For those of you who want to know what it is/was: You could go to guest services and give them your credit card to swipe and they would let you go into the park for one hour, not one minute more or else your credit card would get swiped equal to one days admission. It was a great thing if you just wanted to go in and purhase a few items. As long as you returned to guest services in less than one hour your credit card would not be swiped, sometimes they would ask you how much you spent but they never asked to see our receipts.
    Last edited by pratt55; 09-29-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added to explain what the pass was.

Do you have any idea why the stopped it?

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    Do you have any idea why the stopped it?
    Maybe the realized all the merch is generic and can be bought at World of Disney.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post
    Maybe the realized all the merch is generic and can be bought at World of Disney.
    Not completely, there are specific stores in NOS for example which carry unique merchandise. I never really used it, but I know many who did. Sad to see it go.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I never used it, but I know a lot of people did.

Hey Burnt... where did you get this info (if you can say) and did they tell you "why" it was being eliminated?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Sorry, I can't/won't say on either questions Penguin.

The only information that I personally feel is okay for me to give out is that it is no longer available effective September 28th (yesterday).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post
    At world of disney they don't write the names on the back on the ears you have to go in the park for that. Also some of the collectors items in the stores are very limited and they don't have them at world of disney.

• Banned User

I'm betting it was because too many people were using that hour to ride rides instead of spending money.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I'm betting it was because too many people were using that hour to ride rides instead of spending money.
    agree. I was going to use it to see the fireworks when we got into Anaheim last month, but completley spaced it! stupid memory.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    agree. I was going to use it to see the fireworks when we got into Anaheim last month, but completley spaced it! stupid memory.
    They wouldn't have let you in anyways. They stop giving out shopper's passes at 8 pm, I believe.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post

You can stand in the esplanade (sp?) and see most of them. Bring an ipod and headphones to listen to the music if you'd like.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Or watch the parades, or fireworks, or anything BUT shopping like they were supposed to. Leave it to the few to ruin the good for the many.

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    They wouldn't have let you in anyways. They stop giving out shopper's passes at 8 pm, I believe.
    Technically, they stopped at 4 PM when Guest Services closed. But you could get them at the right booth up until one hour before park closing.

So, need something in the park now and WOD doesn't carry it? Call Delivears and get it shipped to you.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I used to get these before I got an AP so this is sad to hear, if indeed it's true.

There are quite a few limited edition pins that only get released at specific store locations. I'm sure it's the same way for other collectible merchandise as well and so WOD in DTD isn't always an option. Delivears isn't always an option either, as with the limited pins, you have to wait a month before you're able to order them and by then, they might be sold out already.

When you return with the shopper's pass to Guest Services, they always have you estimate the amount that you spent. It might be that the numbers weren't to the liking of upper management and so they decided to do away with it.

If there is something specific you are looking for and have an idea of where it is in the park, you can go to World Of Disney and tell them and they will call into the park and have it sent up to you at World of Disney. I know this because they have done this for me in the past...on days when my AP was blocked and i didn't want to hassle with the shopping pass.

Knowing they are willing to do this, i was wondering when they'd get rid of the need to offer the shopping pass.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....