Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Angry Will a Dark Villain ride work at the DRL or WDW parks?

let me know...................

• Senior Minion

Re: Will a Dark Villain ride work at the DRL or WDW parks?

I think so. It's all about how it's done, what's the story, and what land it would be in, as to whether it would be successful.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

here are a few ideas......

Idea # 1 -- a tribute to the villians Mickey Mouse Joins us in a ride telling us about the history of disney villains through the years and if they try to scare us Mickey will put them in their place

Idea # 2 -- a retrospective on disney villians since younger generations don't really know them why not make a dark ride about them

Idea # 3 -- Chernabog revives all the disney villians as they try to destroy disneyland but here comes mickey mouse to the rescue....

• Unhelpful User

other ideas include...........

The Magic Mirror Giving us a tour of all the disney villians like a "the great movie ride" theme but they can call it "The Great Disney Villain Ride"

• Unhelpful User

or just make a new land "Disneys Villian Land" that would be great for disneyl parks I think it would be a hit especially in halloween time?

just a few ideas cause with out disney villians no disney heroes

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Idea # 3 -- Chernabog revives all the disney villians as they try to destroy disneyland but here comes mickey mouse to the rescue....
    This sounds like Fantasmic.

• Keep Moving Forward

Overall, I like the idea, but I don't think it would fit anywhere in the Disneyland Resort. Your best bet is probably Hollywood Studios over in Florida.

• Unhelpful User

Or DCA right?

• Senior Minion

I've supported one for PP. I think a dark side of the boardwalk kind of theme could work really well. I just am still not too sure about the story, I wouldn't want it to seem too contrived, or too like Fantasmic, though Mickey would seem to be the obvious choice for protagonist, especially in the new PP.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

I prefer non-movie-related attractions, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Finding space for it is the biggest issue.

• Senior Minion

I generally agree about movie based attractions, but this would have to have an original story that brought the villains together or it wouldn't work well. So I think it could be a very original attraction with some Disney villains who appear in the story. That's a little different than a movie based ride. It's actually something they're never really done before in an attraction to have multiple characters from different movies. I guess you could say the Great Movie Ride and the new IASW have some aspects of this but this would be pretty different.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

In terms of location, my first choice would be to put it in the back corner near where Pizza O Mow Mow and Maliboomer are now, with a show building back where that bend in Disneyland Drive happens, once DLD can be abandoned of course. Another possibility would be to use the area of MM and surrounding areas. There's actually a lot of space at that end of the lagoon if they reworked a few things.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

In terms of location, my first choice would be to put it in the back corner near where Pizza O Mow Mow and Maliboomer are now, with a show building back where that bend in Disneyland Drive happens, once DLD can be abandoned of course. Another possibility would be to use the area of MM and surrounding areas. There's actually a lot of space at that end of the lagoon if they reworked a few things and it would be help to draw people back there.
    -Walt Disney

• Mean Mermaid

I'm not convinced it would work. The best dark rides have a consistent, already well known story. I like the Disney Villans as much as the next person, but considering that dark rides are usually very story-oriented, you'd either need to make the story extremely clear and cleanly worked out throught to ride, or maybe the queue, or make some movie about the ride, release it, followed by opening the ride.... or something....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    I'm not convinced it would work. The best dark rides have a consistent, already well known story.
    That's definitely not my reason for being iffy on the idea. IMO, the best dark rides are Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, which are - or were, in POTC's case - entirely based on vague, original narratives using well-known archetypal settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast