Photopass Question

I am trying to find out if the pictures you get taken on rides can be added to your photopass or are they something you have to purchase by themselves?

• For You!

Re: Photopass Question

They are something separate - it would be nice if they included it though!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I'm not really here

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to have the ride photo system tied to the photopass system at all. They are both stored on servers and image formats have got to be similar. I'm kind of surprised they don't do this...

Unless it is to create a "sense of urgency" to purchase the ride photos.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thank you, Now it is going to be that much harder to talk my husband into a $59.95 CD for pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It probably wouldn't be too difficult to have the ride photo system tied to the photopass system at all. They are both stored on servers and image formats have got to be similar. I'm kind of surprised they don't do this...

Unless it is to create a "sense of urgency" to purchase the ride photos.
    The photopass system is used in Florida at Test Track where a row of screens much like BLAB with scanners allow you to associate a photo with your card.

The only thing stopping the incorporation of the cards is a privacy issue and spacing. Nothing is really stopping a random person from scanning your photo to their card. Also theres no room to install such equipment without costly renovations.

Plus there might be a union issue if the current cms who work the current fulfillment location would lose hours and if they are with the stores union.

The latter im just guessing at.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

From what I've been told, Kodak has a contract for the ride photos & when the contract is up, it might be folded into the Photopass system. Right now, Stores CMs work at the ride photo locations, so if Photopass takes over the ride system, I'm assuming the scheduling situation would need to change.

Also, Photopass isn't part of any union, yet, although it falls under Main St Store Ops.
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    From what I've been told, Kodak has a contract for the ride photos & when the contract is up, it might be folded into the Photopass system. Right now, Stores CMs work at the ride photo locations, so if Photopass takes over the ride system, I'm assuming the scheduling situation would need to change.

Also, Photopass isn't part of any union, yet, although it falls under Main St Store Ops.

You are correct, hence the stores union might be throwing a fit about their cast losing hours and job "security". Again just guessing about the union angle.

Quote Originally Posted by evilprncess96 View Post
    Thank you, Now it is going to be that much harder to talk my husband into a $59.95 CD for pictures
    What should be harder is to convince YOU to buy those insanely expensive, one time prints, of the ride photos! That's how I feel at least.

And FWIW, the CDs used to be 124.95 (99.96 pre-order through a special link or by invitation), then early in this year it was 74.95. So really, the current price for the DLR photopass CD is a bargain.

Remember, you get what a layman can think of as ownership of those pix. Can't sell them, but you can print them for your own purposes forever and ever. Which you can't legally do if you buy a print of photopass pix or a print from a ride photo!

I totally understand the value of the Photopass. DH on the other hand says that he just bought a perfectly good camera for fathers day and darn it that should do it! I was hoping that the ride photo's would be included because then I could quickly justify the expense of the overall photopass. I will just have to come up with some other brilliant plan - or just not tell him