Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

"Little Leota" thoughts...

Okay, I know how everyone refers to the tiny figure in the bridal gown at the end of Haunted Mansion, as you go up the speedramp as "Little Leota".

But something has been bugging me for a long time about naming her this.

First of all, she doesn't sound like Leota in the Seance room...this one sounds a little more..."girly", if you will.

Plus, aren't Leota and "The Bride" supposed to be different characters? I mean the ride doesn't have a true plot, we can interpret things in many different ways, but it's as if the two characters own their own rooms, so looking at it, it doesn't totally make sense that they are the same character.

I don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into things

Any thoughts?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: "Little Leota" thoughts...

Never thought about it... Maybe you are reading to much into to it... We did that for beauty and the beast. Like the spell is to transform him into a prince from beast, so shouldn't he be a dead prince? It's not like it said it would save his life if he died! And if chip is 8, and they've been under the spell for 10 years, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Never thought about it... Maybe you are reading to much into to it... We did that for beauty and the beast. Like the spell is to transform him into a prince from beast, so shouldn't he be a dead prince? It's not like it said it would save his life if he died! And if chip is 8, and they've been under the spell for 10 years, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!....
    Childhood is timeless, and true love conquers all

Blog Entries

We think the creamer and ms. potts had a little thing going on!

~

I thought I read something how the little figure is the face of Leota, just smaller, and the voice is her real voice. The seance room Leota is voiced by a different woman than the face.

I don't know about Leota vs the Bride. I always put them as separate characters. Separate people, if you will.

B&tB- Nobody aged under the spell. It's magic! Same as restoring the health of the Beast when he changes. At least in the stage play, he was dying (but not dead) when Belle said she loved him. So he was still alive and could be restored to himself (he was changed into a beast when he was healthy, so changing back, he'd be healthy again).
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If I remember correctly it is the same voice actress. Or maybe it was face for Leota and voice for bride.

• Hooterville, USA

Ok, without sounding too dumb, is there a storyline in the HM? Or, is it just random events? Would someone 'splain it to me please?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Woman 1- face of Seance Leota and Little Leota, voice of Little Leota.
    Woman 2- voice of Seance Leota, Maleficent, and others.

If I have it right, anyway.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Ok, without sounding too dumb, is there a storyline in the HM? Or, is it just random events? Would someone 'splain it to me please?

If i remember right, there was originally supposed to a story for HM but for some reason they couldn't get it all in. They ran out of room, money or both...I think. So the ride became what it is today.

I have a cd somewhere with the soundtracks from all the HMs and there is one track that I think was supposed to be the one used that was narrated by Vincent Price. I am pretty sure that that one was the original sound track... I think....

• Happy Homespun

Vincent Price is the narrarator for the DLP version, Phantom Manor. I dont think he has anything to do with the Disneyland HM.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

okay. Its been awhile since I listened to the cd and I figured I would get something wrong.

• Animatronic

there's plenty of information over on http://www.doombuggies.com. Little leota is called that because it's the face of leota the imagineer who also did the crystal ball face. The voice on little leota is hers, the more raspy voice on the cystal ball is the actress who played the witch in the wizard of oz.

HAHA... I'm an EXPERT on the HM.

Madame Leota is the face of Leota Toombs (appropriate name, eh?) an Imagineer at the time. She is voiced by Eleanor Audley, the same woman who voiced the characters of the Stepmother in Cinderella and Malificent in Sleeping Beauty.

Little Leota is both the face AND the voice of Leota Toombs.

A little something extra... Leota Toombs's daughter Kim Irvine is the face (and I'm pretty sure the voice) of Madame Leota in the Haunted Mansion Holiday!

• Traveler to the south

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    HAHA... I'm an EXPERT on the HM.

Madame Leota is the face of Leota Toombs (appropriate name, eh?) an Imagineer at the time. She is voiced by Eleanor Audley, the same woman who voiced the characters of the Stepmother in Cinderella and Malificent in Sleeping Beauty.

Little Leota is both the face AND the voice of Leota Toombs.

A little something extra... Leota Toombs's daughter Kim Irvine is the face (and I'm pretty sure the voice) of Madame Leota in the Haunted Mansion Holiday!
    Yes, indeedy!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    I thought I read something how the little figure is the face of Leota, just smaller, and the voice is her real voice. The seance room Leota is voiced by a different woman than the face.

I don't know about Leota vs the Bride. I always put them as separate characters. Separate people, if you will.

B&tB- Nobody aged under the spell. It's magic! Same as restoring the health of the Beast when he changes. At least in the stage play, he was dying (but not dead) when Belle said she loved him. So he was still alive and could be restored to himself (he was changed into a beast when he was healthy, so changing back, he'd be healthy again).
    I just did the show, they did age, the beast was about 11 when he was transformed, cause the spell lasted 10 years, on his 21'st birthday if he found true love the spell would be broken. And in the broadway show/ the show I did (broadway but off broadway) he dies for about 30 seconds, and then he's alive!

~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast