Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

So.... It's A Small World Holiday Overlay Isn't Returning This Holiday Season?

I still haven't found the official answer to this yet. Maybe someone can direct me to where the answer lies online?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: So.... It's A Small World Holiday Overlay Isn't Returning This Holiday Season?

It's definitely coming back, and I have photographic evidence, too. Just give me a sec...

EDIT: There ya go!

If you'll notice, it's the same wall coverings for all the previous "iasw Holiday"s. Take a look at this youtube video for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=vHyUXeyiUis
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-29-2008 at 09:39 PM.

• Goofy

Re: So.... It's A Small World Holiday Overlay Isn't Returning This Holiday Season?

thank goodness is coming back.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Yay!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

As for me, I wish it weren't coming back. I don't celebrate Christmas, and I thought the layover was cheap, and degraded the attraction greatly. I do not like it, and I just want my regular, good-old-fashioned it's a small world back!!

Sorry to the rest of you, but that's just how I feel.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The ONLY time I go on Small World willingly and without the use of whips and chains is when they DO HAVE Small World Holiday set up. The extra songs and additional decorations make it enormously more tolerable.

There has been a sign for several months in front of Small World stating the the anticapated opening date is November 29??? It has remained at that date for all this time, with no adjustments, so I think that's a good sign that everything is still on schedule.

Hopefully someone closer to the project can tell us more about how the project is progressing. We have seen recent pictures of the new canal, the canal being painted, and it being filled with water. Does anyone know the status of the show building's interior. Did it get a new roof, etc.?

• FastPass n00b

With Halloween and Christmas, especially the downtimes for the rides in dressing them up and down, it seems like the park is only "normal" Disneyland for half the time. I like the Haunted Mansion overlay, but is it really worth it to have the normal ride only 6 months our of the year?

• Goofy

im sure it is worth it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    but is it really worth it to have the normal ride only 6 months our of the year?
    No. Ditch the overlays, I say!! Let's throw them overboard, along with all of this stupid tea!

• Banned User

I love the IASW overlay. I am SO nervous to see what they've done to it though, adding the Disney characters. Ugh. I will be there when it re-opens, so, I will wait to see if I freak out then!

• =)

For the record...I prefer the holiday overlay. Just so all of you who've read my HMH rants know that I'm totally willing to accept an overlay if it...you know...improves the attraction.

• Hall Of Promise

The only time I prefer to go on this attraction is during the holiday overlay. I can't stand the normal version. However I love the holiday version. Weird, huh?

I am not even Christian and I still like the holiday version of the attraction. Maybe it's because I love the Holiday season and the spirit of things during that time. The new digitally recorded music that goes with the holiday version is also miles above the original score, even the digitally mastered 3-channel version that is currently playing in the original attraction.

Small World is being refurbished to the old version. Once WDI is done, and the attraction is signed off (it will not open to guests during this phase), Entertainment Technical Services will load in the holiday version, just like normal.
    It'll then run in Holiday, before closing, loadout, and reopening as Classic in February.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    reopening as Classic in February.
    Too long, I tell you! Too long!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!

(My apologies for bring down the mood in the thread with my anti-layoverness. )

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    With Halloween and Christmas, especially the downtimes for the rides in dressing them up and down, it seems like the park is only "normal" Disneyland for half the time. I like the Haunted Mansion overlay, but is it really worth it to have the normal ride only 6 months our of the year?
    How do you get 6 months? The ride is rethemed for about 3 months and a week. Even if you add in the 2 weeks its closed, in Sept and Jan, you still only get about 4 months time when its not the original ride open to the public.

Just wondering how your math worked out?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast