Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Proud US Navy Wife
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Naval Weapon Station Charleston
    Posts
    142

    Disney Weddings...

    So... Mathew and I were hoping to have a Disney Wedding.. But we just had the baby and currently he is the only one working.. He gets minimum wage ($6.55 an hour) and because Movie Gallery sucks to work for now.. He gets >20 hours a week, paid bi-weekly. We are planning to move to Cali in January.. staying with my Grandma til we can find a place.. and he possibly has a job there starting at $12 an hour, 40 or so hours a week.. We were wondering what is the possibility for a Disney wedding in 2010 (after I turn 21) in your experience/point of view? (Don't feel that you will hurt our feelings, we want honesty.) Also, who has had a Disney wedding and what was it like? What do you think the cheapest wedding would cost? And if we have a decent budget (thanks to my dad which.. we haven't asked yet..) what kinds of things do you think would be most important to get to make it magical and memorable? We would prefer to get married -somewhere- at the Disneyland Resort. (Albeit WDW is probably lovely, neither of us have been there and California is where most of our guests would be from.)

  2. #2

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    They are EXTREMELY expensive.

    Here is a link to some information

    http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-th...sney-weddings/
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    204

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Honestly disney weddings are pretty expensive with 30,000 being the bare minimum I believe. I am in the process of planning one for 2010 and if you go to Disneyland® Weddings | California Weddings they have alot of info including sample budgets. I think that may help you. From the webpage you can request an information booklet, you do have to book almost exactly a year in advance and their weddings come with wedding planners called fairy godmothers.

  4. #4

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    This is a better one.

    MouseWeddings.com - Disneyland Wedding - Disneyland Weddings

    Minimum of $8000 to $10000.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    If you REALLY want a Disney wedding, go with WDW... you can have a VERY SMALL (6 to 8 people) for about $10,000. It's the cheapest that I found. Check out disneyweddings.com for info.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    204

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    This is a better one.

    MouseWeddings.com - Disneyland Wedding - Disneyland Weddings

    Minimum of $8000 to $10000.
    Actually thats if you just have the reception if you have both the ceremony and the wedding its a min of 30000.

  7. #7

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Wow, here is a review on one from the late 90's. Prices have skyrocketed!

    My Fairy Tale Wedding! - Disneyland - Epinions.com
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    204

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Basically you are looking at 30,000 to upwards of 100,000+++ for a disney wedding at disneyland

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,829
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    But... there's nothing that says you can't have a Disney "themed" wedding, somewhere other than Disneyland. People do that all the time. But if you have your heart set on having the wedding at the resort with all the trimmings....yeah its gonna cost dearly, as everyone as already pointed out.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #10

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,676

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittiekyo View Post
    So... Mathew and I were hoping to have a Disney Wedding.. But we just had the baby and currently he is the only one working.. He gets minimum wage ($6.55 an hour) and because Movie Gallery sucks to work for now.. He gets >20 hours a week, paid bi-weekly. We are planning to move to Cali in January.. staying with my Grandma til we can find a place.. and he possibly has a job there starting at $12 an hour, 40 or so hours a week.. We were wondering what is the possibility for a Disney wedding in 2010 (after I turn 21) in your experience/point of view? (Don't feel that you will hurt our feelings, we want honesty.) Also, who has had a Disney wedding and what was it like? What do you think the cheapest wedding would cost? And if we have a decent budget (thanks to my dad which.. we haven't asked yet..) what kinds of things do you think would be most important to get to make it magical and memorable? We would prefer to get married -somewhere- at the Disneyland Resort. (Albeit WDW is probably lovely, neither of us have been there and California is where most of our guests would be from.)
    I'm going to be honest with you.

    $12 per hour full time in Southern California is no where near enough money to support a family, let alone one's self. You didn't mention it, but I highly reccommend that you also get a job paying at least the same amount if not more, full time. I don't know how easy that will be with a baby, but a single salary of $12 an hour these days is not even close to what a person should be making to be living comfortably.

    Even then, there won't be enough money for even the cheapest Disney wedding. If your dad is willing to give this to you, then great. But if he expects or you expect to pay him back, I would strongly suggest you don't do it.

    Maybe an alternative could be getting married at the county courthouse in Santa Ana and then taking a day and going to Disneyland as newlyweds. Or, better yet, wait until you have established yourselves with a good paying job that allows you to support yourselves. This may take a good many years, but by then you will be able to more easily reap the rewards of all your hard work. You may have to live with your grandmother for quite a while.

    Sorry for the lecture. But the situation as it stands is not difficult. It's impossible.

  11. #11

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    We got married off site, then kicked everybody out so we could go to the park for some pictures.

    Total costs was roughly $2500 and a weeks planning.

    We had a Mickey and Minnie cake topper and our guests signed the frame on a Mickey and Minnie print.

    The rest of the wedding was Hawaiian themed..
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    204

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm going to be honest with you.

    $12 per hour full time in Southern California is no where near enough money to support a family, let alone one's self. You didn't mention it, but I highly reccommend that you also get a job paying at least the same amount if not more, full time. I don't know how easy that will be with a baby, but a single salary of $12 an hour these days is not even close to what a person should be making to be living comfortably.

    Even then, there won't be enough money for even the cheapest Disney wedding. If your dad is willing to give this to you, then great. But if he expects or you expect to pay him back, I would strongly suggest you don't do it.

    Maybe an alternative could be getting married at the county courthouse in Santa Ana and then taking a day and going to Disneyland as newlyweds. Or, better yet, wait until you have established yourselves with a good paying job that allows you to support yourselves. This may take a good many years, but by then you will be able to more easily reap the rewards of all your hard work. You may have to live with your grandmother for quite a while.

    Sorry for the lecture. But the situation as it stands is not difficult. It's impossible.
    This is really good advice and I think any young couple starting out should listen and follow this. (and I am someone in a young couple just starting out)

  13. #13

    • Proud US Navy Wife
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Naval Weapon Station Charleston
    Posts
    142

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm going to be honest with you.

    $12 per hour full time in Southern California is no where near enough money to support a family, let alone one's self. You didn't mention it, but I highly reccommend that you also get a job paying at least the same amount if not more, full time. I don't know how easy that will be with a baby, but a single salary of $12 an hour these days is not even close to what a person should be making to be living comfortably.

    Even then, there won't be enough money for even the cheapest Disney wedding. If your dad is willing to give this to you, then great. But if he expects or you expect to pay him back, I would strongly suggest you don't do it.

    Maybe an alternative could be getting married at the county courthouse in Santa Ana and then taking a day and going to Disneyland as newlyweds. Or, better yet, wait until you have established yourselves with a good paying job that allows you to support yourselves. This may take a good many years, but by then you will be able to more easily reap the rewards of all your hard work. You may have to live with your grandmother for quite a while.

    Sorry for the lecture. But the situation as it stands is not difficult. It's impossible.
    No no, I like the lectures... I barely turned 18 when I abandoned everything I had and headed to Oklahoma to live with my boyfriend.. I've done things that looking back weren't the smartest and I never had anyone to tell me what my options were or what would be better.. I was hoping to get a job at the Disneyland Resort then a second job ontop of that.. but with the baby.. Mathew wont let me get but one.. I've wanted to work at the resort since I was 15.. but.. If I could find a better job.. I would take it.. Mathew can only get that pay because his computer skills and my dad.. I.. don't have much experience in anything but retail.. worked at a wal-mart super center and movie gallery.. so I'm not sure on where to look for a good paying job.. and I would like something that I could be happy doing..

    As for a Disney Themed wedding.. We were thinking about that.. but we aren't sure of a location.. Our second choice is Treasure Island in Vegas.. Any ideas for a good place for a Disney Themed wedding? We are big pirate and Disney fans, so either theme or a combination would be awsome.

  14. #14

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    Great post, DIP!

    I'm having a wedding with Disney touches... it's gonna be cute! You might want to do a search for Disneyphile's wedding... She had a TOTAL Disney wedding... it was AWESOME and better than being at Disneyland.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  15. #15

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney Weddings...

    I went to a Vegas wedding once. It was a 4 hour drive for a 10 minute ceremony.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DCL Weddings
    By missymouse in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 05:00 PM
  2. Disney to allow Same Sex Fairy-Tale Weddings
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
  3. Weddings at DL
    By jenlynn in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 09:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •