Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Proud US Navy Wife

Disney Weddings...

So... Mathew and I were hoping to have a Disney Wedding.. But we just had the baby and currently he is the only one working.. He gets minimum wage ($6.55 an hour) and because Movie Gallery sucks to work for now.. He gets >20 hours a week, paid bi-weekly. We are planning to move to Cali in January.. staying with my Grandma til we can find a place.. and he possibly has a job there starting at $12 an hour, 40 or so hours a week.. We were wondering what is the possibility for a Disney wedding in 2010 (after I turn 21) in your experience/point of view? (Don't feel that you will hurt our feelings, we want honesty.) Also, who has had a Disney wedding and what was it like? What do you think the cheapest wedding would cost? And if we have a decent budget (thanks to my dad which.. we haven't asked yet..) what kinds of things do you think would be most important to get to make it magical and memorable? We would prefer to get married -somewhere- at the Disneyland Resort. (Albeit WDW is probably lovely, neither of us have been there and California is where most of our guests would be from.)

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Weddings...

They are EXTREMELY expensive.

Here is a link to some information

http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-th...sney-weddings/
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Honestly disney weddings are pretty expensive with 30,000 being the bare minimum I believe. I am in the process of planning one for 2010 and if you go to Disneyland® Weddings | California Weddings they have alot of info including sample budgets. I think that may help you. From the webpage you can request an information booklet, you do have to book almost exactly a year in advance and their weddings come with wedding planners called fairy godmothers.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

This is a better one.

MouseWeddings.com - Disneyland Wedding - Disneyland Weddings

Minimum of $8000 to $10000.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you REALLY want a Disney wedding, go with WDW... you can have a VERY SMALL (6 to 8 people) for about $10,000. It's the cheapest that I found. Check out disneyweddings.com for info.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    This is a better one.

MouseWeddings.com - Disneyland Wedding - Disneyland Weddings

Minimum of $8000 to $10000.
    Actually thats if you just have the reception if you have both the ceremony and the wedding its a min of 30000.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Wow, here is a review on one from the late 90's. Prices have skyrocketed!

My Fairy Tale Wedding! - Disneyland - Epinions.com
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Basically you are looking at 30,000 to upwards of 100,000+++ for a disney wedding at disneyland

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

But... there's nothing that says you can't have a Disney "themed" wedding, somewhere other than Disneyland. People do that all the time. But if you have your heart set on having the wedding at the resort with all the trimmings....yeah its gonna cost dearly, as everyone as already pointed out.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Kittiekyo View Post
    So... Mathew and I were hoping to have a Disney Wedding.. But we just had the baby and currently he is the only one working.. He gets minimum wage ($6.55 an hour) and because Movie Gallery sucks to work for now.. He gets >20 hours a week, paid bi-weekly. We are planning to move to Cali in January.. staying with my Grandma til we can find a place.. and he possibly has a job there starting at $12 an hour, 40 or so hours a week.. We were wondering what is the possibility for a Disney wedding in 2010 (after I turn 21) in your experience/point of view? (Don't feel that you will hurt our feelings, we want honesty.) Also, who has had a Disney wedding and what was it like? What do you think the cheapest wedding would cost? And if we have a decent budget (thanks to my dad which.. we haven't asked yet..) what kinds of things do you think would be most important to get to make it magical and memorable? We would prefer to get married -somewhere- at the Disneyland Resort. (Albeit WDW is probably lovely, neither of us have been there and California is where most of our guests would be from.)
    I'm going to be honest with you.

$12 per hour full time in Southern California is no where near enough money to support a family, let alone one's self. You didn't mention it, but I highly reccommend that you also get a job paying at least the same amount if not more, full time. I don't know how easy that will be with a baby, but a single salary of $12 an hour these days is not even close to what a person should be making to be living comfortably.

Even then, there won't be enough money for even the cheapest Disney wedding. If your dad is willing to give this to you, then great. But if he expects or you expect to pay him back, I would strongly suggest you don't do it.

Maybe an alternative could be getting married at the county courthouse in Santa Ana and then taking a day and going to Disneyland as newlyweds. Or, better yet, wait until you have established yourselves with a good paying job that allows you to support yourselves. This may take a good many years, but by then you will be able to more easily reap the rewards of all your hard work. You may have to live with your grandmother for quite a while.

Sorry for the lecture. But the situation as it stands is not difficult. It's impossible.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

We got married off site, then kicked everybody out so we could go to the park for some pictures.

Total costs was roughly $2500 and a weeks planning.

We had a Mickey and Minnie cake topper and our guests signed the frame on a Mickey and Minnie print.

The rest of the wedding was Hawaiian themed..
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

$12 per hour full time in Southern California is no where near enough money to support a family, let alone one's self. You didn't mention it, but I highly reccommend that you also get a job paying at least the same amount if not more, full time. I don't know how easy that will be with a baby, but a single salary of $12 an hour these days is not even close to what a person should be making to be living comfortably.

Even then, there won't be enough money for even the cheapest Disney wedding. If your dad is willing to give this to you, then great. But if he expects or you expect to pay him back, I would strongly suggest you don't do it.

Maybe an alternative could be getting married at the county courthouse in Santa Ana and then taking a day and going to Disneyland as newlyweds. Or, better yet, wait until you have established yourselves with a good paying job that allows you to support yourselves. This may take a good many years, but by then you will be able to more easily reap the rewards of all your hard work. You may have to live with your grandmother for quite a while.

Sorry for the lecture. But the situation as it stands is not difficult. It's impossible.
    This is really good advice and I think any young couple starting out should listen and follow this. (and I am someone in a young couple just starting out)

• Proud US Navy Wife

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

No no, I like the lectures... I barely turned 18 when I abandoned everything I had and headed to Oklahoma to live with my boyfriend.. I've done things that looking back weren't the smartest and I never had anyone to tell me what my options were or what would be better.. I was hoping to get a job at the Disneyland Resort then a second job ontop of that.. but with the baby.. Mathew wont let me get but one.. I've wanted to work at the resort since I was 15.. but.. If I could find a better job.. I would take it.. Mathew can only get that pay because his computer skills and my dad.. I.. don't have much experience in anything but retail.. worked at a wal-mart super center and movie gallery.. so I'm not sure on where to look for a good paying job.. and I would like something that I could be happy doing..

As for a Disney Themed wedding.. We were thinking about that.. but we aren't sure of a location.. Our second choice is Treasure Island in Vegas.. Any ideas for a good place for a Disney Themed wedding? We are big pirate and Disney fans, so either theme or a combination would be awsome.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great post, DIP!

I'm having a wedding with Disney touches... it's gonna be cute! You might want to do a search for Disneyphile's wedding... She had a TOTAL Disney wedding... it was AWESOME and better than being at Disneyland.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I went to a Vegas wedding once. It was a 4 hour drive for a 10 minute ceremony.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast