Walking distances at DLR

Using the awesomeness that is Microsoft's Live Search Maps, I calculated some walking distances around the resort. I was bored.

Disneyland entrance to most distant point (Splash Mountain entrance, also western end of Toon Town): .45 miles

DCA entrance to most distant point (TSMM, also Maliboomer): .4 miles

Disneyland entrance to DCA entrance: .06 miles

Downtown Disney Monorail station to DL or DCA entrance: .33 miles

DLH to DTD Monorail station: .1 miles

So that means the two most distant points in the resort (not including the parking structure) are Splash Mountain and Toy Story Midway Mania, a walking distance of .91 miles.

From the DLH to Splash Mountain is .89 miles.

Next time I go to Disneyland, I think I'm going to do laps: Splash Mountain, Toy Story Midway Mania, SM, TSMM, etc. - repeat until closing or I drop.

Anybody want to double check my math?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Walking distances at DLR

That's pretty cool. I've always wondered the distances there. Thanks for doing the "leg work".

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Im contemplating taking a pedometer with me. Someone recently said they did 13 miles in a day! That sounds like alot, but I guess its easy to do over the course of a day.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thanks for the info Mojave!

I always figured that the DL entrance to Splash was the farthest point and so that's why I tend to head that way if I'm there at opening or thereabouts.

I'm quite interested in doing the Gumball Rally next year so the other info will be helpful as well.

• =)

I've done measurements like those in Google Earth before. Posted 'em somewhere...can't remember.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Great STATS!.... but um.... lets try the liquour store on Katella (by the Denny's and Carrow's) and the overpriced one on Harbor by the Subway.... that would be informant!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Nice work MOJAVE! I appreciate that......

Considering all that walking, it always makes me laugh when people want to get the 'closest' parking spot to the escalators/elevators.......I mean, they are about to embark upon a huge walking experience.....another couple hundred steps isn't going to kill them.....but I say that pointing back at me.....I am always jockeying for the closest of closest spots......I want to save my feet for the parks, you know?

Might you be able to divulge how many steps it is from corner to corner in the M&F Parking structure???

• Lover of all things Lilo!

I once took a pedometer with me and I did well over 10k steps that day.. It ended up being in the 1,100 range ( I don't remember my exact number).. I remember being tired and discouraged and wondered how in the world to walk that many when you are NOT in the park!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Walking doesn't bother me. It really doesn't. Often times, we like to walk from the tram drop off to the M&F Parking Stucture - or vice versa. It's a nice walk......but my son LOVES the Tram, so we have been 'tramming' it as of late.....

• Mousketeer

Hey good work, Maybe I'm in better shape than I thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Nice work MOJAVE! I appreciate that......

Considering all that walking, it always makes me laugh when people want to get the 'closest' parking spot to the escalators/elevators.......I mean, they are about to embark upon a huge walking experience.....another couple hundred steps isn't going to kill them.....but I say that pointing back at me.....I am always jockeying for the closest of closest spots......I want to save my feet for the parks, you know?

Might you be able to divulge how many steps it is from corner to corner in the M&F Parking structure???
    If you walk from the farthest corner of the Parking structure, down the lanes without cutting through cars, then turn right to the escalators and on to the tram stop, it's .33 miles. Of course, if you cut, it will be shorter. Also, I never get parked at the far corner. I'd say on average, I walk .15 miles in the parking structure.

Now, from the tram stop, the walking distance to DL/DCA entrance is .67 miles. So if you park as far away as possible and walk to the entrance, you've already done 1 full mile before even getting into DL!

• Future Imagineer!!

it doesnt seem like that much because you're always so distracted by whats going on around you but it doesnt surprise me that those are the distances.....you could easily get 5 or 6 miles a day in

seeeeee knew it! going to disneyland isnt just awesome its also exercise

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by lilolover View Post
    I once took a pedometer with me and I did well over 10k steps that day.. It ended up being in the 1,100 range ( I don't remember my exact number).. I remember being tired and discouraged and wondered how in the world to walk that many when you are NOT in the park!
    I did the same thing. I wanted to see how many miles I was walking in one full day trip to the parks. I even skipped the trams and walked back and forth from the park to the Mickey and friends parking structure.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Wow, thats quite a bit of walking if you are there all day. I have no issue with walking long distances, who would have thought being at the happiest place on earth would give you a good work out...
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Off to Neverland

I too have always wondered this. I wanted to get a pedometer just for Disneyland...
    But these numbers are awesome! My friend and I feel less guilty when we eat lots of junk there because we are walking it off more than normal! HAHA