Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Additions to Halloween Time

I thought it might be fun to discuss what you would add to the current Halloween Time festivities.

My suggestion would be to add more villains walking around the park. I think it would be fun to see them out. I think that kids might also enjoy them too without being scared too much.

I know that during the Halloween party at DCA the villains are out, but I would like to see more during the regular hours, and in Disneyland itself.

What other ideas do you have?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Re: Additions to Halloween Time

I would like to see more characters in general. But I would especially like to see more villains. Not only around Halloween, but also rotate them around during the rest of the year.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I think only having villains out for Halloweentime makes the season more special. Granted, I haven't been to the parks during Halloweentime, but I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about anyway.

Is New Orleans Square suitably spooky-fied for Halloweentime? That seems like a golden opportunity for cobwebs and vampires...and spooky noisemakers! Plastic skeletons! And itching powder in the sleeping bags!*

*Ten points if you know my Brady Bunch reference!

• disneyland = my anti drug

it always seems like they can do so much more with halloween, but they don't. Somehow, they make Halloween look...happy and fun...when traditionally its scary and morbid. I think its cool what they do to it, but maybe creepyfing it up a bit would be nice. or like above, new orleans square, that has a lot of potential to look seriously haunted. I know its a family place and all and kids are there, but it still seems to me like there is so much more they could be doing...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Definitely more villains! And not just the same old villains they always have... the rare ones too! It's in Disney's best interest to give guests memories involving their entire stable of characters... it gets them interested in what they don't know or understand and hopefully, they become big fans of the character they didn't know.

I think if they DIDN'T do that, it would be great if they would retire whatever Parade they have currently for a Halloween Villains parade... a mardi gras kinda style would be fun if they threw out candy instead of beads.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The one, the only...

Ok, here is another suggestion. What would you think of a Haunted River Cruise. Use the Mark Twain to go Down the river at night and have it encounter ghosts from the Civil War, ghost Indian wariors, and ghost outlaws along the river. They could aware reflective clothing perhaps that glows in the dark. With them along the river route, I think it would not be too scary for younger kids.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• revolutionary waltz

Add more of an emphasis on the villains without taking away the silly scary spin that Disneyland puts on Halloween. Knotts, indoubtly, already has a stranglehold on the guts&gore scary variety, so differentiate. Perhaps even add a new float to the parade with villains (Chernobog, etc.) if not a new parade completely?

Although I'll be frank and say that I'll be exceedingly disappointed with Disney if they add some kind of shoddily-themed haunted maze and try to jump on the bandwagon. : S

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Ok, here is another suggestion. What would you think of a Haunted River Cruise. Use the Mark Twain to go Down the river at night and have it encounter ghosts from the Civil War, ghost Indian wariors, and ghost outlaws along the river. They could aware reflective clothing perhaps that glows in the dark. With them along the river route, I think it would not be too scary for younger kids.

To do that, would to require Fantasmic! not operate. It works out right now that the show is down, but will it always be down during this time? Probably not.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have posted more or less very detailed plans on this very subject..but shall do so again heh in recap form...

Having the Villians out would be excellent, along with additional characters...skeletal pirates, for example, and Haunted Mansion ghosts in NoS....spooky cowboys in Frontierland....out to interact with guests. More decor for NoS would be good, black wreaths, classy stuff, discrete voodoo charms...and for the Haunted Mansion, actual Victorian Halloween decorations and pumpkins, fitting stuff for the normal style of the Mansion, rather than HMH. A nighttime ghost cruise on the Mark Twain would be very good as well if Fantasmic! absences allowed...Big Thunder could be lit spookily as well after dark, purples and greens and the like, with simulated lightning effects. Main Street could be lit differently as well for night, with halloween color spotlights and the pumpkins glowing.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Oo-de-lally

I like this idea a lot. I think it would be so much fun.

I still think that DCA should host a more adult themed event. Have them build some scary mazes and shows to compete with some of the other So Cal Halloween attraction like Knott's and Universal Studios.

Keep the kids theme at Disneyland the same except maybe add a not so haunted maze for kids with all the Disney characters in Halloween costumes handing out candy.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    To do that, would to require Fantasmic! not operate. It works out right now that the show is down, but will it always be down during this time? Probably not.

You are right that Fantasmic! could not operate during this time. But does Fantasmic have to run every night? Couldn't it be offered some nights and a Haunted River Cruise offered other nights?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    I like this idea a lot. I think it would be so much fun.

I still think that DCA should host a more adult themed event. Have them build some scary mazes and shows to compete with some of the other So Cal Halloween attraction like Knott's and Universal Studios.

Keep the kids theme at Disneyland the same except maybe add a not so haunted maze for kids with all the Disney characters in Halloween costumes handing out candy.

I like your idea about the maze. But I don't believe that it is wrong to have some more frightening things at Disneyland.

OK, here is idea number three. How about Haunted Isle. Convert Pirate's Lair, formally Tom Sawyer's Island into that maze you were talking about. Have some Disney villains appear over there. I know that this would not be something that could be run with Fantasmic, but again, it might be run some nights. Or maybe have a special Halloween night at Disneyland with kids Trick or Treating. The island could have some special lighting to make it spooky. It is just an idea.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I would like to see some more Halloween atmosphere at night with lighting effects, fog..etc..of course a Halloween fireworks show and this...

• MiceChat Moderator

There you go!

• Oo-de-lally

I like your idea about the maze. But I don't believe that it is wrong to have some more frightening things at Disneyland.

OK, here is idea number three. How about Haunted Isle. Convert Pirate's Lair, formally Tom Sawyer's Island into that maze you were talking about. Have some Disney villains appear over there. I know that this would not be something that could be run with Fantasmic, but again, it might be run some nights. Or maybe have a special Halloween night at Disneyland with kids Trick or Treating. The island could have some special lighting to make it spooky. It is just an idea.

Another great idea. That area would be great for maze.
    I know it would be a more child themed maze but I could imagine how scary they could make it with all the little caves and the old fort.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast