Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• He's a tramp...

Fantasmic Changes

I was at DL tonight and watched Fantasmic. Since the Mark Twain is down for rehab, the part that normally has the Mark Twain sailing by has been replaced by all the characters dancing on the stage. While it's different, I found it a little distracting that the characters are waiting off to the side, in audience view, waiting for their cues to enter. The Pinoccio part is still missing too.

-Stephen
    Last edited by WindPhyreDude; 02-20-2005 at 12:36 AM.
    Do you remember your imagination?
    When Neverland was your destination.
    Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
    Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

That is a sign that the Mark Twain was down or broken and Pino. wont be fixed until a rehab. That is the Alternative ending Fanatsmic! uses when Mark Twain is down for Rehab or is unoperateable. Now i gotta call my Disney Tech friends. Beyond Your Wildest Imaginations!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• When Will It Return?

Mark Twain is down for rehab, has been since 2/10, will reopen like most everything else on 3/18.

-- Peoplemover "You should know that Daren, you VF member!! " Matt

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• A Little Rabid

Eventually we'll never see Pinocchio again... like the Ursula float if it falls into the same fate.

• Banned User

Hmm... if they wait for a referbishment.. they will just say.. Well the show worked without it for this long.. why use it anymore and fix it... (hence why the ursula barge is gone forever...)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The thing about about both Ursula and Pinnochio missing, is that they ARE both missed.

Usula added so much to a long water segment. With her moving tentacles and mouth and eyes that lit up, all while she feels right in her natural habitat, gliding right across the water!

The Pinnochio segment , although a little too 2-dimensional for my liking, did add to a segment that is rather long on movies on water. But I wouldn't mind if they would come up with something to replace the no strings on me segment.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Eventually we'll never see Pinocchio again... like the Ursula float if it falls into the same fate.

I think the Pinocchio part will be back forsure. That is a part of the storyline where the Ursula float was just in addition to the mist screen. I know they have been working to try and get the problem fixed since it happened, but with shows going like they are and the 50th they don't have a lot of time. Also yes the Mark Twain is down for referb to add a gold trim for the 50th.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    The Ursula Float was amazing, I really wish they would bring it back.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

hmm...... Why dont the work with the entergianment department on making new segments..... that way they can change out some of these in the futurue.... (thought i would hate to say but stitch would be aprt of the shows if they did this..)

• Disney fans for life!

We used to see Ursula parked near the shore on the backside of the river (from the train). And that was while she was not being used. Lately, we haven't seen her. Did she end up in the dumpster???

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    hmm...... Why dont the work with the entergianment department on making new segments..... that way they can change out some of these in the futurue.... (thought i would hate to say but stitch would be aprt of the shows if they did this..)
    This is a HUGE endevor!!!! Just putting in the spinning fountians took a long while to get in and get in the program. In order to add a new segment they would have to adjust the whole show, unless it was the same amount of time for the "I got no Strings". If they were to add film they would have to produce and add that to all 3 projectors and reprogram all the water effects, lighting program, plus retrain everyone. The Ursula float was just adjusting the lighting.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Suffice it to say that the Pinocchio Puppets were definitely not taken out on purpose.

• Banned User

Hmm... However wasn't Fantasmic Designed to be changed out very so often....

(though hasn't since it has been popular)

They had conepts that went into the WDW one that were designed for the DL one......

Now if only WDW would get a few new segments...

• A Little Rabid

No, keep WDW's Fantasmic! as it is. I like acting smug because our's is better.
    Too bad Corner Cafe's Mr. Smee isn't here. He'd explain everything...

• Banned User

WDw should remove one segment and replace it... comeone... why have pocahauntus or use all the water screens we use.... make it more theatrucal and less watery..... (thought i would like MORE fireworks and fire!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast