Red Face California Adventure's new name & dedication

We know DCA is being transformed into a new park in the comming years. It's being made into a park dedicated to Walt Disney & his classic cartoons. So my idea for the parks new name is WALT'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE.

think about it. according to sources it's suppose to depict a time when Walt was arriving at Cali. and its Cali where lots of his classic cartoons were made.

And I think the new dedication will be something like this:
    Welcome to Walt's California. California as he envisioned it.The California that never was, but always will be.

your thoughts or ideas?

BTW, this is my first post. Noob here.

• Disney Geek

Re: California Adventure's new name & dedication

Welcome to MiceChat. I think the name sounds ok. Maybe "Walt Disney's California Adventure", idk.

• =)

Welcome, noob! Hope your stay here at MiceChat'll be enjoyable and informative.

I think your idea is certainly an interesting one - and a lot of people have expressed interest in that sort of thing - but I don't think it'd quite make sense with what they're doing. There are three major investments in the overhaul, as I see it - adding Carsland, adding The Little Mermaid, and redoing the entry. Only one of the three relates to Walt Disney. The rest of the park will be as unrelated to him as it always has been...perhaps more.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    ... I don't think it'd quite make sense with what they're doing. There are three major investments in the overhaul, as I see it - adding Carsland, adding The Little Mermaid, and redoing the entry. Only one of the three relates to Walt Disney. ..
    Hmm.... I hadn't thought about it like that. but your right. Only paradise Pier is the thing that mostly relates to Walt. But then again, isn't everything that's Disney, related to Walt somehow? After all he did inspire and create the company.

• Senior Minion

They almost certainly will not use any combination of California and Adventure in the new name and I agree that the Walt theme may not be broad enough to justify it being named Walt's and not just Disney's.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    They almost certainly will not use any combination of California and Adventure in the new name and I agree that the Walt theme may not be broad enough to justify it being named Walt's and not just Disney's.
    Has it been confirmed that the name is going to change? (I've had my doubts that it will.)

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by 123chick View Post
    Hmm.... I hadn't thought about it like that. but your right. Only paradise Pier is the thing that mostly relates to Walt. But then again, isn't everything that's Disney, related to Walt somehow? After all he did inspire and create the company.
    Even Paradise Pier mimics the exact kind of environment Walt decided not to emulate when he built Disneyland, so I'd argue that it still disrespects or disregards his vision, no matter whether or not his cartoon characters make appearances there.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the name is going to change? (I've had my doubts that it will.)
    No it hasn't been 100% confirmed, but it has been mentioned by many people, and I believe Jay R. has said that it will likely change. The fact that marketing changed the logo to something so generic that nobody could ever miss it and has been avoiding the name like the plague for the last year kinda tips you off that this name is going bye bye soon.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Walt's California Adventure sounds to "branded" ie: Bob's Big Boys or Jake's Fish house.

I like the the new dedication thu, sounds like a combo of the tag line for the Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray disc and The new Tommorowland.

welcome to MC!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    The fact that marketing changed the logo to something so generic that nobody could ever miss it and has been avoiding the name like the plague for the last year kinda tips you off that this name is going bye bye soon.
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking as well. It's like they are trying to erase public memory of the park so they can start with a clean slate and not have to worry about people saying "Oh, that old DCA place."

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter