Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• LoisAlene

Four Weeks to Go & Boy do I have ???'s

In four weeks we'll be pulling out of our driveway and hititng I-5 for the spectacular 1200 mile drive to Disneyland. I can't WAIT!!!!
    I've made my lists and checked them 12 or 20 times. Birthday lunch at the Blue Bayou? Check. 512mb card for my digi camera? Check. Back up 35mm in case something goes wrong with digi cam? Check. Sunscreen, extra pair of prescription glasses, suitcases aired, VMK quests printed, check them all off. Except for the actual packing I think I am all ready!

WAIT - where are my tickets and travel brochures from the Disney Company?
    When do they send them out, and when should I start making phone calls if they don't arrive?

Some people say I am a control freak. I prefer to think that I am prepared for just about Anything that can go wrong. The only thing I did not take into calculation was the price of gas. I had figured the trip at $3.00 a gallon. I am going to revise it to $4, but with my little rocket car that is only about an extra $100.

One more question for you all -

On your last trip to the park, what was the one thing that you DIDN'T bring that you really wish you had??

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Minion

Re: Four Weeks to Go & Boy do I have ???'s

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    WAIT - where are my tickets and travel brochures from the Disney Company?
    When do they send them out, and when should I start making phone calls if they don't arrive?
    They ship them 21 days prior to travel, so expect them around 18 days prior to your trip. If you don't have them by then, call teh WDTC 800 number, they will give you a tracking number. They will come by Fed Ex and require an adult siggy.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• white and nerdy

I wish I would have brought frozen bottles of water with me... Bottles of ice, see. I've done it before and it is so convienent. you drink around the ice and then fill it up at drinking fountians around the ice and you have ice cold water all day. PLUS you can buy a 24 pack of water at the store for about $5 or $6. You can get one bottle of water at disney for about $3.50
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

Sunscreen! I don't know if you'll need it for your trip but I forgot it once and boy was I unhappy for a few days after that! I keep a sunscreen stick on my keychain now

• Senior Minion

I recommend the Birthday Lunch at BB! I enjoyed mine, and I hope you do too. Have a nice safe trip.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Sunscreen! I don't know if you'll need it for your trip but I forgot it once and boy was I unhappy for a few days after that! I keep a sunscreen stick on my keychain now
    Don't forget, if you do forget the sunscreen, you can get some at First Aid.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I wish I would have brought frozen bottles of water with me... Bottles of ice, see. I've done it before and it is so convienent. you drink around the ice and then fill it up at drinking fountians around the ice and you have ice cold water all day. PLUS you can buy a 24 pack of water at the store for about $5 or $6. You can get one bottle of water at disney for about $3.50
    We carry CamelBaks in the park. My son recommends filling them about 1/3 with ice, the rest water. He did about 3/4 ice the first time, and the ice didn't melt. So, he does 1/3, and it works pretty well.

• CM for 4 years!

A SWEATER.

Yeah, big stupid me, I forget sometimes.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Don't forget, if you do forget the sunscreen, you can get some at First Aid.
    Oh really? Thanks for the tip I wish I had known back then!

And yes, sweaters are good! It gets chilly sittin' there watching fireworks or Fantasmic!

• Merry 2014!

some things I have forgotten:
    toothbrush
    camera
    film
    sweater
    hairdryer
    shoes
    socks, need lots of fresh socks
    jammies
    gum, so you don't notice how thirsty you are and have fresh breath!

if you do froget anything, ther is a Target store just about a mile past DL.

Have a good time with the mouse!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    if you do froget anything, ther is a Target store just about a mile past DL.
    I had to use the Target last time, I forgot FACE WASH, which you need after a day of sweat and funk, especially being a woman and not wanting to use the face bar the hotel gives you. I also forgot comfortable shoes, which I got at Target for 8.99. NEVER forget a good pair of shoes that are broken in and don't hurt your heels. My heels always hurt.

Have fun, I am so jealous.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    You can get one bottle of water at disney for about $3.50
    $2.50

• All you need is LOVE

Lets see
    Backpack
    Chap stick
    A small blanket to sit on for fire works and keep warm if you get cold or anyone who is with you.
    Snacks a must
    Sunglasses
    A mini first aid kit
    Own bathroom stuff little bottles dont cut it
    Cell phone charger
    Numbers 2 mice chatters you will meet up with
    Own pillow blanket helps to sleep

• Who's your DaddyB?

*Batteries for the camera... SO expensive in the park.
    *Memory card for the camera... I consider it the best pre-park visit investment.
    *Hoodie. Forget the sweater, bring something with a hood. Much better for those
    wet moments in the park (splash mountain, sitting too close in "Fantastmic",
    the "Mist" of Jungle Cruise, cool late So Cal nights on the tram).
    *Sunglasses with a neck strap
    *thin blanket that can fold up small for ground seating for parades & shows.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Minion

Razor. I think everybody covered everything.
    Goodies for the room. Most places have fridge and microwave.
    We keep cereal, chips and salsa, fruit. fun stuff. If you can buy your own drinks for the hotel, you will save alot of money too.

I like to bring two pairs of walking shoes.
    regardless of how comfortable a pair are, to wear the same pair everyday, and do all the extra walking, my feet stay feeling good by changing them to an equally comfortable pair. Maybe this is only important to us older folks, but it sure helps my stamina.

Check your temper at the gates, go with the flow and have a great time!

Ten days till we go on a four day.... a caravan of I-5 Disneyland maniacs!
    AP's who wear our passports on our necks! Oh No!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast