Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this y

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well hopefully they fully realize the ideas that never happened last year. The missing trees in front of the castle were the most obvious cut of the original concept
    Yes, those trees were not there and also the trees that are around the Castle all year had lights in them but were never used at all either. The poor people who did all those must have been mad.

• Hello

Cool Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this y

Coolio, awesome, amazing, outrageous, crazy, sweet, trippy, alright, great, grood, and anything you want to add on.

• Silent Lucidity

Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this y

looking forward to seeing photos, hint, hint, hint...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound View Post
    looking forward to seeing photos, hint, hint, hint...
    Rest assured, there will be photos!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Can't wait!

Hmm...perhaps I can convince the boyfriend to go down there that day ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Very cool.
    I hope Disney applies these awesome effects to the backside of the castle. Last year it looked unfinished.

Do most people decorate the back of their house?

I'm sure there are things you can do to make it festive, but I really feel your main presentation is at the front of the house.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Do most people decorate the back of their house?

I'm sure there are things you can do to make it festive, but I really feel your main presentation is at the front of the house.
    Aren't we supposed to believe, at least to a certain extent, that the snow on Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle is real, magical snow that is only possible at Disneyland?

If we're supposed to believe in the illusion, the illusion must be complete. Seeing the Castle covered in magical snowfall from the front and then walking over the drawbridge into Fantasyland just to see that its entirely fake and incomplete does not allow for a suspension of disbelief and it shatters the entire illusion.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• =)

Do most people decorate the back of their house? I'm sure there are things you can do to make it festive, but I really feel your main presentation is at the front of the house.
    Sorry, dude...but that analogy is way off. At Disneyland, the back of the castle is just as public as the front - there are half a dozen attractions on the backside, which means lots of guests will see the back all day long. This isn't a house where most of the viewers will be people who drive or walk by, getting a few seconds' glimpse of whatever's in front. It's a fully three-dimensional environment in which guests are supposed to believe, on a certain level, that everything they see is real. I've never heard of a castle that has certain sections that the snow magically avoids.

• Directly directed

That's so exciting!!

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Can't wait...now only if they opened the Castle walk thru in time for all this...than I'd be in Heaven.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Sorry, dude...but that analogy is way off. At Disneyland, the back of the castle is just as public as the front - there are half a dozen attractions on the backside, which means lots of guests will see the back all day long. This isn't a house where most of the viewers will be people who drive or walk by, getting a few seconds' glimpse of whatever's in front. It's a fully three-dimensional environment in which guests are supposed to believe, on a certain level, that everything they see is real. I've never heard of a castle that has certain sections that the snow magically avoids.
    Totally agree with you in every respect, Data. Disneyland is not like our house where most visitors will only see a certain portion of it. At Disneyland, most everything is fair game for guests to see - including the backside of the Castle.

For pictures of last year's Castle makeover (to refresh your memory), head on back to my older thread:

Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - Was it a win or lose in your eyes?

(It includes photos of it during the day, at night, and I even have some pictures that feature the unfinished backside -- as well as other portions which were left unfinished.)

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• A Weather Eye Open

Main Street is going to be very BRIGHT this year!

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I hope Disney applies these awesome effects to the backside of the castle. Last year it looked unfinished.
    Agreed, the back is just as public as the front of the castle and should also be decorated for the sake of consistency, even if the ribbon-like icicles aren't as quality as they could be. It will look 100 percent better to do the back as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well hopefully they fully realize the ideas that never happened last year. The missing trees in front of the castle were the most obvious cut of the original concept
    Were there a lot of ideas they had planned on that fell by the wayside? It would be nice to see it look like what they fully intended if they weren't able to get it all in together last year.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    Can't wait...now only if they opened the Castle walk thru in time for all this...than I'd be in Heaven.
    Hopefully it will be. It's scheduled to open in December, but of course that can change at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I've never heard of a castle that has certain sections that the snow magically avoids.
    I've never heard of a Park that has certain sections that the snow magically avoids either.

Just as it doesn't snow in every single area of the Park, I don't know why they are required to fully decorate and dress up the back of the Castle.

Is the back of the Castle, even one of the satellite areas that gets snowfall?

It's not a firework viewing area....I don't think. Isn't that area closed off when they do the firework shows ?

As for reality, I'd like to see them make the front much more realistic, and follow the rendering more closely with trees and such, before they start in on the back. There are several areas in the hub with trees that didn't light up. That's the more important area.

First things first. For now, the lights and icicles is moving in the other direction.....it seems, from the front down towards Main St.

Maybe for 2009, they'll take it from the back, and move the icicles and lights from there to the path down to Small World.

• Minion

It's not a firework viewing area....I don't think. Isn't that area closed off when they do the firework shows ?
    Yes, during the fireworks the entire area is roped off to the back of King Arthur Carousel. But that isn't the point. The LED snow effect is seen multiple times in small lighting shows each night, and after the fireworks the effect is left on for the rest of the night.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast