Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this year!

It's official: the rumored expansion of the Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle snow and lighting effects will extend throughout Main Street, U.S.A. this year, and "it's a small world" officially opens November 21, according to a Disneyland Resort Press Release:

Abundance of fall fun at Disneyland Resort as new shows and attractions enhance traditional Halloween and holiday seasons
    The Christmas holiday season gets underway on Friday, Nov. 21, when the traditional “A Christmas Fantasy” daily parade and “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks make their seasonal debuts. The towering Christmas tree appears on Main Street, U.S.A., and the décor and nighttime show surrounding Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle will be will be more spectacular than ever. The lights and effects that appear after dark extend into Disneyland Central Plaza, down Main Street, U.S.A., and to the Christmas tree at Town Square for a sparkling transformation that sets the scene for “Believe … In Holiday Magic” fireworks with their magical snowfall finale.

Additional holiday highlights include the return, Nov. 21, of the “it’s a small world” holiday attraction, celebrating holiday traditions around the world. Guests will visit Santa Claus throughout the season at Santa’s Reindeer Round-up in Big Thunder Ranch, and those looking for a unique experience may book time with a guide for Disney’s Holiday tours.

The press release also announces official open dates for Pixie Hollow (October 28), the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar (October 20), and High School Musical 3: Right Here! Right Now! (October 24). More at the link: Disneyland Resort Newsroom: ABUNDANCE OF FALL FUN AT DISNEYLAND RESORT AS NEW SHOWS AND ATTRACTIONS ENHANCE TRADITIONAL HALLOWEEN AND HOLIDAY SEASONS

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this y

Awesome, I hope they do a soft opening of Small World for the week before.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lights/effects to extend through Main Street this y

Very cool.
    I hope Disney applies these awesome effects to the backside of the castle. Last year it looked unfinished.

• =)

Very cool. If they maintain or improve the level of quality from last year, I'll enjoy it. (Improvement would be cool...the weird icicles and incomplete areas didn't do it for me, but I still liked it overall.)

• Pirate for life

I am definitely excited. They were beautiful last year.

• Minion

Now Im really looking forward to going to Disneyland this Holiday season!

• It's all about Theme!

I'm excited for it, but with a few little nervous points.

Will the traditional garlands still go across Main Street?

Will they have those horrible icicle lights like last year lining the rooftops, I hope not.

Other then that I am excited.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I just got goosebumps reading that... thank you, Disney (and MG for sharing )!!!

• Banned User

I find it very interesting to note that the press release states that It’s a Small World Holiday opens on November 21st, while the Disneyland.com Calendar still states it as opening on the 28th. Either this was a typo, or the date has changed.

• Banned User

This can either be very good or very bad. Hopefully they don't make the snow effect on the buildings too tacky.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wow. That should be a beautiful sight. Looking from the train station down Main Street. Can't wait to see how this will look!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

This is exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Just as a side note, in checking the online calendar it appears that the last day for Parade of Dreams is Tuesday, Nov.11. Then no parade scheduled until the Christmas Parade on Nov. 21. Do we know if Parade of Dreams will be back in January or will they be starting the new celebration parade when Christmas is over.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    This is exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Just as a side note, in checking the online calendar it appears that the last day for Parade of Dreams is Tuesday, Nov.11. Then no parade scheduled until the Christmas Parade on Nov. 21. Do we know if Parade of Dreams will be back in January or will they be starting the new celebration parade when Christmas is over.
    The Celebration street party will be in addition to the Parade of Dreams.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Very cool.
    I hope Disney applies these awesome effects to the backside of the castle. Last year it looked unfinished.
    That is supposed to be one of the "enhancements" of the lighting and snow on the Castle. Hopefully they have come up with a better way to do the icicles..

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I find it very interesting to note that the press release states that It’s a Small World Holiday opens on November 21st, while the Disneyland.com Calendar still states it as opening on the 28th. Either this was a typo, or the date has changed.
    The date has changed. The Disneyland Resort online calendar is the less of the trusted sources.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast