Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

For crying out loud, pick up after yourself!

Whenever I am walking on the paths or through the lines at Disneyland, I pick up litter. It's not exactly hard to find, and for gosh sakes it irks me to see the place trashed like that. Disneyland is like a second home to me and I like to treat it as such. People who come to visit DL are called "guests" for a reason. They are there to have a good time, but they should also have some respect and leave the place at closing time as perfect as it was at opening time.

The other members of my family have asked on a number of occasions what the heck I'm doing it for, when I reach for water bottles lodged in rocks in the Indy queue or plastic wrappers thrown in barrels around BTMRR. My reply- trash destroys the illusion. Besides, you only have to walk about five paces before you reach a trash can. You'd think with literally thousands of them and seeing them all day long, people would figure it out.

I know there is a small army of cleaning crew that scrubs the park 'till it shines and sparkles every night, but they are cleaning up after a daily party hosted for tens of thousands. Please, if you see litter at the park within reach, throw it away. Keep the park being the Cleanest Place on Earth.

• Misses Disneyland

Re: For crying out loud, pick up after yourself!

That's very nice of you, though I would never do it persnonally. If you think about all the different people and germs that come off of things that you could be touching, you might change your mind about what you are doing.
    The CM's have to make their living somehow, so just let them do their job, even though spot sweeper isn't the best one out there.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• So!

I always feel like doing it but I never do because I always feel like I'm going to get crazy looks from everyone around me. But since you make a good point, I think I'll probably do it next time I'm there...at least once and a while. I don't care about germs! And I'm sure the clean up crew have plenty to do even if us select few clean too.

• Who's your DaddyB?

I always feel like it's good excercise to bend down and pick up the wrappers and bottles I see. I walk the park partly for the excercise anyway, so I just figure it's a bonus.

I was at the Disneyland yesterday (Saturday 9/4) at opening, and was saddened to see a water bottle floating in the middle of the Rivers Of America already. I was taking some pictures of the water mill and one of the Tom Sawyer rafts came by (TSI wasn't open yet, and the raft was going the whole way around the island for some reason) and the castmember scooped up the bottle as he passed.

Walt woulda' like that.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Minion

I think you set a terrific example, and I plan to to do my part from now on.
    As for germs, I think you are already in a public place with thousands touching everything you touch anyway. I carry wipes, so in line I can wash my hands. I also wash my hands frequently with hot soap and water. As someone who travels alot, I have that drummed into my head. But you have to dive into germs to fight them off, so I try to keep that balance. Sorry I went off there a bit. But Bravo to you, and we could all pitch in too.

• Minion

I would rather get sick from germs than be sick seeing trash on the path.

• Mice Chat Newbie

I'll follow your example and pick up bottles, etc, too. I'll draw the line at cleaning up people's spilled popcorn or melty ice cream, though!

• Hooterville, USA

I am one of the people who pick up litter too! I can't stand to see it at DL, and can't believe that people think it's ok litter. Disney does a great job of making the park clean for us, so let's return the favor.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I think it's nice of you to do that but I never would. I've got a bad immune system as is, I don't need to purposely put myself into contact with germs when there are people being paid to take care of the park. Maybe you should let them do their job?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    The CM's have to make their living somehow, so just let them do their job, even though spot sweeper isn't the best one out there.
    I was a sweeper at DLR and I disagree that it isn't a great job. It is one of the best if you ask me. I got to have contact with guests on a daily basis. I got to see how I impacted their day and was directly able to do things to make it better. It is immensely satisfying and taught me that no job is a bad one, every occupation has its own level of respect and innate dignity.

The best way to help is to not add to the litter. Throw your trash in the garbage. If the can happens to be full, find another one. Don't throw trash in the bushes and watch that your children don't do the same. Don't bring snacks or drinks into line with you, and if you do, make sure you find a garbage can to dispose of them. Common courtesy is the best way to make the day more enjoyable for yourselves and other guests around you.
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-04-2005 at 02:22 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

when I went garbage was picked up by CM's withing seconds... You guys should go to Magic Kingdom - WDW, they need the help with garbage!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• My cuties!

When my husband and I were at DL for our honeymoon, a man in front of us in line for HM dropped his cigarette butt on the ground. My husband tapped him on the shoulder, pointed to the ground and told the man, "You dropped something." The guy picked it up.

DQ I loved to hear the pride you had in your job at DL! Good for you!

• U. B. Bold

It seems that this littering problem has gotten much worse than it was when I was a kid growing up at DL. Are people really bigger pigs now than they were in the sixties and seventies? It seems to me that they are. People who litter have no respect for themselves or their surroundings (this also goes for gum stickers and graffiti carver/writers). These people are trash.

Walt once said something like, "If you keep the place clean and nice, people will respect that and try to keep it clean. If its a dump they will treat it like a dump."

Sadly, this no longer seems to be the case.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder
    It seems that this littering problem has gotten much worse than it was when I was a kid growing up at DL. Are people really bigger pigs now than they were in the sixties and seventies? It seems to me that they are. People who litter have no respect for themselves or their surroundings (this also goes for gum stickers and graffiti carver/writers). These people are trash.

Walt once said something like, "If you keep the place clean and nice, people will respect that and try to keep it clean. If its a dump they will treat it like a dump."

Sadly, this no longer seems to be the case.

Its the whole problem of everyone feeling entitled, and yes I know thats a loaded word. But a lot of people feel like they shouldn't have to do anything when there is some one else around to do it for them. The feeling of being entitled is also why people vandalize things. Some people just think that they should be allowed to do whatever they want. Its sad really, all these people ducking their responsiblities by saying things like " Its not mine and it belongs to a big business so what do I care?" and "Why should I walk ten feet to a garbage can when some one is paid to come clean up after me?"

• Wonderful World

Alot of people are just to lazy.Its sad really but thats just the way things go
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast