Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Haunted mansion 40th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Thank You! Seriously, a few more tweaks and DLs is on par with WDWs again. It's not THAT much better.

It's just that WDW's was THAT bad before. It's like night and day.
    I don't see DL being on par with WDW anytime soon. WDW has three more scenes than DL. So unless WDW falls into a state of disrepair again, I am confident that the WDW version will be the best for a long time. Now if we could only get HMH.

I mostly had the upgrades in mind when I made those comments. The "amazing" audio in the strecthing room, etc etc.

I never really thought those scenes added any real value, Now that's changed with the endless staircases. I didn't even think about them when I wrote my original post. Once DL get's those extra tweaks to the audio and other show elements, it'll be better than MKs again, IMO. Heck, for me all they'd have to do is bring back the Hat Box Ghost.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I hope we get the floating Ghost Host voice in the Gallery. But other than that, I hope we get ORIGINAL additions, and/or bringing back some nearly forgotten elements *cough*Hatbox Ghost*cough*, that will make ours just as awesome as the Magic Kingdom's, but just in a different way.

That's a good way of putting it.

• Far too curious

Bringing back the Hatbox Ghost would be excellent.

I'd also love to see Ezra, Gus, and Phineas hanging around outside doing meet n' greets.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I almost forgot! I don't want the stretching sounds in the Gallery, as it descends. It takes away the mystery of "Is this haunted room actually stretching?" It answers that question, when it's really a rhetorical question.

One thing I've thought of to improve the Ghost Host floating effect, is instead of having it just circling around the room, have it be more random- swoop in on certain spots in the room; disappear, and reappear in another, seemingly random spot in the gallery; travel way up, towards the ceiling, even. Just make it more WOW, and believable, than it currently is in MK.

You know: plus it!

• living to haunt

Here is a link to a great story about the hat box ghost! The article has some great pictures and a lot of study on the subject. I would like to see them bring back the live Knight for the anniversary!

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    I'd also love to see Ezra, Gus, and Phineas hanging around outside doing meet n' greets.
    I'm sorry to say but I hate that idea. The whole idea was to keep the outside looking neat and all the crazy ghosts partying on the inside.

• Merrily on my way to

I hear Shag will be doing some artwork for the 40th merchandise.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Ooh, that would be great!^^

Though, as much as I like the Hatbox ghost, I almost hope he doesn't come back because that just makes the "legend/story" of it more mysterious!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I mostly had the upgrades in mind when I made those comments. The "amazing" audio in the strecthing room, etc etc.

I never really thought those scenes added any real value, Now that's changed with the endless staircases. I didn't even think about them when I wrote my original post. Once DL get's those extra tweaks to the audio and other show elements, it'll be better than MKs again, IMO. Heck, for me all they'd have to do is bring back the Hat Box Ghost.
    MK's will always be better than DL's, Just like DL's POTC wil always be better than MK's.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    MK's will always be better than DL's, Just like DL's POTC wil always be better than MK's.
    You obviously haven't walked the halls of WDI. The Disneyland version has the advantage of always being looked at for upgrades and enhancements. There are sketches and ideas being tossed around all the time since there are prime opportunities to install them every year after the holiday version moves outs. It is up to TDA if they are willing to budget them. Past records show they usually slip in something new every few years may they be small or large. But it is nice to see the Disneyland version evolve constantly.

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm sorry to say but I hate that idea. The whole idea was to keep the outside looking neat and all the crazy ghosts partying on the inside.
    Yes, but a ghost is supposed to follow you home. I imagine they'd hang around the ride's exit, asking guests leaving the attraction for a ride home.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    You obviously haven't walked the halls of WDI. The Disneyland version has the advantage of always being looked at for upgrades and enhancements. There are sketches and ideas being tossed around all the time since there are prime opportunities to install them every year after the holiday version moves outs. It is up to TDA if they are willing to budget them. Past records show they usually slip in something new every few years may they be small or large. But it is nice to see the Disneyland version evolve constantly.
    Well yes' I do like how DL enhances it a little every year. If you asked me 2 years ago I would say that the DL Mansion is lightyears better than WDWs. But after the big refurb , It will take quite a drastic enhancement for the DL version to top the WDW version any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Just not so. It's not like those extra scenes add to the attraction the way the extra scenes in DLs Pirates add to that attraction. Not to me anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast