Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hall Of Promise

Re: Haunted mansion 40th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well yes' I do like how DL enhances it a little every year. If you asked me 2 years ago I would say that the DL Mansion is lightyears better than WDWs. But after the big refurb , It will take quite a drastic enhancement for the DL version to top the WDW version any time soon.
    Sorry, I just find it a bit comical to label an attraction "better" than its sister counterpart. I can understand when someone likes one version over the other, but to label it better is just silly to me.

• Who's your DaddyB?

I don't see it comical at all. Looking at Tokyo's "Pooh" ride versus ours, it's a no brainer which one is better. There are many examples that we could go into about which is better where and it would take us far off topic here. Whether some rides and attractions are better (or not) from one place to another are a matter of opinon, others tend to be a matter of fact (er, in my opinion).
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    I don't see it comical at all. Looking at Tokyo's "Pooh" ride versus ours, it's a no brainer which one is better. There are many examples that we could go into about which is better where and it would take us far off topic here. Whether some rides and attractions are better (or not) from one place to another are a matter of opinon, others tend to be a matter of fact (er, in my opinion).
    I guess I just see it as a matter of opinion rather than fact. I personally believe it is impossible to state it as fact. Like the example you gave, just because one is far more complex doesn't mean a person may not like the lesser version more. That's just how I see it and is why I can't label something better for all, or speak for everyone by labeling it better.

But what makes it comical to me is that it gives an elementary impression on the matter. I compare it to the old schoolyard comparisons like "my lunch is better than your lunch," for example.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its sad or negative. I just crack a smile every time I hear it. It reminds me of the good old days.

And this isn't all directed toward you, HMF. I see it all the times on boards like this. Keep preaching what you believe in and don't let me stop ya.
    Last edited by MagicWDI; 10-09-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123