Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Queen Elsa

Your best memories of Disneyland

What is your best memories that you have with Disneyland that would stick with you for all your life.

For me I think it will be back in Oct. 18th 2006. I when to have lunch at Ariel's Grotto and when I was taken to my seat and order my food the Princess came out one at a time. When Snow White came to my table she saw me and said to me. I remember you from 3 months ago. When she said that I was in total shock that she had remember me from 3 months ago. So after we talk for a few minutes and got a picture with her for the second time and ate my food. I was still in shock so then I when back to Ariel's on Jan. 20 2007 and she saw me and said it's good to see you again Jeffrey. I said hello to her and how she was doing. She ask me if I would like a picture of her and I said yes and I wanted to get her Autograph so when I haned her my book the ink didn't work and Ariel came by with a pen cause I guess she hear what we talk about and so she also sign my book anyway. The 4th time I when to Ariel's she saw me and call me her friend and I didn't have to answer her she would said another picture time I said u got it. I kept going back to Ariel's like every 3 to 5 months just to see my friend Snow White. Then last year around Oct. I when back and I didn't see her so it did but didn't but me but when I when back in Feb. of this year cause it had rain in Jan. for my birthday so I couldn't go to Disneyland. Anyway I when there and she still wasn't there. So I was getting a little worry about not seening her. Cause I know they don't stay around for long and so I had a felling that Disneyland had let her go. But on April 19th of this year I when to PFF and I was in line ready to get my picture with Cinderella when I look on my right side I happen to see Snow White. At first I though it was just a reglar Snow White but when Aurora came to take Snow White's spot. I said to her hi Snow White. She then turn around and it was my friend. I had told her that I haven't seen you in like 5 to 6 months. She goes I know it's been a long time and I have sad news to tell you. Today is my last day. When she said that of choruse I fell sad about it but I didn't want Cinderella or Aurora or any others to fine out. I told Snow that I will miss her so so much and she told me the same as I got my last two pictures I gave her a hug and I gave her a kiss on the hand and I said my goodbuys to her. Later that night I when to see Fantasmic and at the end on the Mark Twinn I saw her on there next to The Prince and Dopey when I saw that I started to get all tear up about it cause I knew that was the last time I ever will see her. And now I still think about her every day. I will post pictures of her up very soon. So that's my best memory that I have so far.
    Last edited by Capt Hook; 10-06-2008 at 09:18 PM.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Your best memories of Disneyland

Pictures of my Snow White.

This may look the same as the one above but it's a little different. Way you can tell look at the girl in the back on my side and you can tell.

This was taken on her sick day. She told me the day I got this pic that she was sick.

• Queen Elsa

bump

• Queen Elsa

bump again.

• in the Golden Afternoon

Long-time lurker, first time poster

I'd have to say that my best memory of Disneyland would be, being real little, like 3 years old, sitting on my grandma's lap in her rented wheelchair watching the Electrical Parade and falling asleep in her lap at the end of the parade.
    Sigh, i miss those days.

Driving down with the kids for the first time, not telling them where we were going. Listening to "Are we there yet?" a million times, LOL, telling them to all their questions, "You'll find out when we get there."

Spotting the Matterhorn in the distance off of 1-5, and hearing my kids scream, "We're going to Disneyland!!!!"

Priceless Disney memory. :-)

xo Linda
    Linda

• Disney Gram

Taking my Granddaughter (then 13) in June of 2005 for the 50th. Seeing her face as we pulled up to the Disneyland Hotel, seeing her face as she got her first glimpses from the Monorail into the park. Just sharing My Happiest Place with her...and now it is hers (we have been back together, most recently a weeks stay in March for her 16th birthday...her choice!).

I made her promise that on DL's 100th she will be bring her granddaughter (or son as the case may be!!)
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• I'm not really here

Honeymoon. Nuff said

Although some of my greatest memories from DL have been the interaction with the CMs that we've had.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney Night Owl

Great pictures Capt Hook's.

As for myself, I have several "best memories."

The first would be on a trip when I was only about nine or ten years old. My family went to Disneyland with a bunch of family friends and out of all the kids, I was the oldest. The dads were to go out later on in the evening and do all the rides that the kiddies were too afraid to go on. I pleaded to go because I really wanted to go with them and brave the rides I was always afraid of going on. Well I vividly remember going on Space Mountain and freaking out. I was so scared that I made my dad and our family friend Rick go on Pinocchio's Daring Journey right after. I always laugh when I think of this memory because I find it impossible that I was ever afraid of my now favorite ride.

Another great memory was when I first got to meet Roger Rabbit in Disneyland. I was a huge fan of the character and being able to see him in person was the coolest thing ever. I remember running up to him and yelling out "You're my biggest fan!" LOL. Sorry, I know I have shared this story in at least two other threads.

Then in the early '90s, my parents decided to take me and my best friend on a surprise trip to Disneyland. This was my most favorite trip because I had my friend there and this was the first trip when I finally braved all the rides and loved them all...even Space Mountain. If anything, I was pretty hesitant about Splash Mountain but I loved it in the end and even bought a Splash Mountain t-shirt. This was also a favorite trip because it would be the last time I would go on the Skyway.

When I was in high school, a large group of friends of mine were planning a trip to Disneyland for Spring Break. Unfortunately in the end, only two of us went through with it. The two of us had an absolute blast and we went without any adult supervision. I was a bit nervous to go out and do this full trip on my own without my parents there, but it was such an amazing experience. To conserve our money for fun souvenirs, the both of us tried to exist mainly on just hot dogs, lol.

On a trip I took with just my dad, the Cast Member from the River Belle Terrace remembered me each day we went in for Mickey pancakes. Out of all the guests who go in there, I was surprised and so happy she remembered me. Sort of silly but that made my day.

One trip, right after walking through the tunnel into Main Street USA, Mary Poppins stopped me and told me I had a wonderful smile. This was yet another terrific character moment that made my day.

In 2005, I was in the Mad Hatter and I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. When I turned around...it was Mickey! That was pretty exciting to me that The Mouse came and found me! That just made my entire trip.

I can't wait to make more memories that stand out in the future.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

I would have to say meeting my bf at the house of blues in dtd. Although we met through a friend, we did meet on disney property and we share special memories at the resort =)

• Mischievous Mouse

There is decidedly more specific moments, but honestly, I have to say,...
    Everytime I walk through those gates it's another best memory in the making!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Hello Dolly.

I have a lot of memories at Disneyland but my favorite 1 would have to be on the Sun Wheel. There are 3 of us dudes in the house. My brother and I never really tell my dad we love him or hug really as much time as we spend with him because my dad always like to look "tough". But when we were on the Sun Wheel i was so scared and when the car started moving I hugged him immediately and the whole time my mom took a picture of it. So now she got a pic of us hugging and us smiling.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Mine would have to be I think in 2004, this was, when they still had the Haunted Mansion Holiday special events after hours...and being the only one on the HM elevator for the trip down besides the cast member, and the only one in the portrait hall and load area. Very memorable and great atmosphere, and during those same special events, seeing Main Street all lit up at about one in the morning with only maybe ten people around total.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Every day I'm at the Disneyland Resort is comes a new memory. With each new day comes a new smile, a new dream, and new Magic; making each day better then the last.

Disneyland has been so amazing for me. I couldn't say one day was better then the last. Every day I'm there I get to meet another wonderful guest, see a new smiling face, and find myself playing withing the dreams of others.

I adore the Disneyland Resort, though Disneyland itself has a fond place within my heart. I feel young again, I can walk through the Resort and see people from all walks of life enjoying themselves, playing with their families. We have such a wonderful Dream we are privileged enough to work at. We create magic for people whom might not get to see something as amazing as this for a long time, or even the rest of their life. At Disneyland children of all ages are found, and people who seemingly had forgotten how to play, find themselves dancing and smiling the day away while here.

So my beset memory is the last one I had at the Disneyland Resort. Weather it was watching a couple old in the mind and young in the heart Dance to a violinist playing "Time to Say Goodbye" at Down Town Disney; seeing a three year old girl dressed as the same seeing Snow White for the first time in person; or noticing a father tell his son about his first time walking through the gates of Disneyland.

Each day brings something new and wonderful, and will forever bring a new best memory.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

My most memorable time in Disneyland was when I worked there. I had found out one night that a grilfriend that I really cared about had been cheating on me. When I went into work the next evening, I asked the manager if I could go home since we were over staffed, and she agreed. Instead of going home, I went over to one of the balconys above the french market and sat there just watching all the happy people in Disneyland. I sat there for a good 4-5 hours just tried not to think about things. I ended up watching Fantasmic all three times that night. I remember getting really sad during the princess scene, especially the Beauty and the Beast song.

That was well over 15 years ago, and to this day that song and scene in Fantasmic still makes my heart beat a little different. Its the reason that I never miss Fantasmic when I'm at the park. It was my escape then, and still is to this day.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast