View Poll Results: Are you Dissapointed that they removed the Rainforest show scene.

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am dissapointed.

128 60.95%
  • No, I am not dissapointed.

82 39.05%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Re: Memories of the original Small World. R.I.P Small World Rainforest.

You Disney purists sure are a funny bunch to laugh at! Im suprised there isnt a poll posted everytime a trash bag gets replaced!
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    You Disney purists sure are a funny bunch to laugh at! Im suprised there isnt a poll posted everytime a trash bag gets replaced!
    Don't be ridiculous, no one cares about trash bags here. Now if they repaint the trash cans there certainly will be a very detailed photo thread about it!

It can be silly at times (okay, almost all the time), but I think it is important for us to discuss changes made at Disneyland. Yes, it is part of a huge corporation and exists to make money, but it isn't just a shopping mall.

The teeny tiny things we can get caught up discussing all add up to create the Disneyland that is loved not just by us, but by millions of other visitors, too. We may quibble of seemingly minor details, but the reason Disneyland is so popular and so beloved is because every detail of the park is thought out so well.

And certainly the changes to Small World are not tiny details. To me, IASW is a fun ride because it has not been changed since its creation. It is a time capsule for people today to experience exactly what people have experienced for literally generations now. As stated above, I don't expect the changes to ruin the ride, but I do think they are worthy of discussion.

• Banned User

I agree with you. There are soo many purists on these posts however.
    Nothing can be done about it. I too laugh when I see topics of such a small thing being done and finding over a thousand posts on such a small topic.

I don't think this is one of those "small topics" but you know it. If the trash cans change color, Mice Chatters, especially the veterans will be ALL OVER IT.

Did you view the "dog attacking" post that was up awhile ago, man.. was that a train wreck.

I look forward to whatever it is that has happened to small world. I will go when it reopens, ride it a few times, soak it in, and then form my own opinion. Don't know that I'll participate in the thread that is started about the changes, FOR SURE there WILL BE ONE. I would fear for my opinion to get attacked. But however the ride turns out, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I would not consider removal of a major show scene in a classic attraction a "Small Change"

It's a Small World is a important and historic attraction. The removal of the discussed show scenes and replacement of characters is comparable to a classic film having a major scene cut out only to be replaced by a new scene added in while characters are replaced. It is a big deal.

It does not take a "Purist" to be disappointed by this.
    How would you feel if they "Plussed" an important cultural icon such as the Statue Of Liberty and changed its color and pose? To many of us here the original attractions that were designed by Walt contain similar historical and cultural significance. Both of these icons are known thought the world and are important to many of us.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Can you add a button saying "Get over it?"
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Why can't the "Disney purist" bashers skip the bashing and either comment on why they disagree with the thread topic or simply ignore the thread entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Why can't the "Disney purist" bashers skip the bashing and either comment on why they disagree with the thread topic or simply ignore the thread entirely?
    Great point. Some people just love to make fun of other people that have passions for preservation and respect of important icons. I love classic films, Classic architecture, music and such. If you want to make something new, then by all means make something NEW but don't try and remake something already good and loved.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

We have made hash out of the logo used on the napkins, so I guess this topic is worthy of at least one more thread. I anticipate we will have another when IASW opens in holiday mode and at least one more when the new scenes are actually visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• =)

I confess I, too, am perplexed by the rudeness towards people who're against these particular changes...as if there's something shameful or laughable about giving a crap about whether or not a change is beneficial. Club 33 Mike, you've expressed similar sentiments in the past regarding, for example, HMH. My question to you is...why do you seem to think that acceptance is the only valid response to a change that seems detrimental? (And just as a reminder...I've never expressed any strong feelings on the IASW changes specifically. I choose my battles, and IASW isn't important enough territory for me personally.)

Al's update is wrong.

The rain forest has never been planned to disappear, and it won't.

In fact, you'll see it in Holiday...

• =)

Most curious. Might I ask your source?

• Disney Night Owl

I don't consider myself to be an IASW purist, but I will say that I am mega bummed about the rainforest scene. Sadly that scene is my most favorite in the entire ride. I get all giddy when I see the hippo with the glowing eyes.

However is the Polynesian side also being taken away? I love the tiki masks on those guys! I seriously hope those won't be completely removed as well.

I would have never thought I'd be so opposed to changes made on IASW because I've always thought it could use a little room for improvement, but mainly just in the form of a huge refurbishment with a good decent clean up of the dolls and scenes. I seriously think that a "yay, USA" scene is completely unecessary and out of place. The incorporation of Disney characters doesn't seem all that bad but I agree in that it's also an unecessary change to the attraction.

While I am sad for the change, I won't completely boycott the ride and I won't know how bad everything is until I ride it. No matter what, I will be sad not seeing the hippo in there. That guy has been a favorite ever since my parents took me for the first time on IASW. It will always be a special attraction to me since I believe it was my very first.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I, too, don't have any pictures of the Rainforest, but I do have two of the Papua New Guinea side of the room:

This has me hurt, and deeply so. I'm very serious about never going on iasw, with the exception of small world holiday this year. And that really hurts, as small world was one of my favorite attractions in Disneyland, ever.

Darn you Marketeers. And anyone else involved. (I want to use stronger language, but this is, after all, a family website.)
    I know what you mean. I would say George Carlins seven words you can't say on television to describe how I feel. Of course I can't.

• Banned User

Not disappointed at all. While I might miss it a bit, the characters worked so well in the HKDL version that I'm not really worried about the ride anymore.

• It's all about Theme!

I am totally pissed, disgusted, and furious at Disneyland. I am taking the appropriate actions and am having people voice their anger as well as contacting every news station around me.

Disney's treachery will not go unnoticed and they will regret their decisions.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast