• The one and only

Miley Cyrus/Fantasmic?

How versatile are the princess barges in fantasmic.
    she used them in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

are the lights entirely controlled with computers?
    do they have drivers?

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Miley Cyrus/Fantasmic?

Fantasmic needs to hurry back. I need to get the image of girls dancing on the barges out of my head.

To answer your question though, the barges run on a track and the lights are computer controlled that is synchronized with the F! soundtrack.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

I dont think the barges are on tracks. I believe they are driven from underneath their respective stage.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Only the Columbia and the Mark twain are on tracks that they move along. As for the lighting, I believe DMX addressing allows them to be controlled via computer to do whatever the programmer wants.

The barges to have drivers that sit below the stage of the barge. They access the drivers through a hatch on the stage. If you have dinner at Hungry Bear around 6-7, you will see them dock two of the barges to the Canoe dock, and see the driver get out of the hatch.
    Last edited by Club 33 Mike; 10-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    To answer your question though, the barges run on a track and the lights are computer controlled that is synchronized with the F! soundtrack.
    Haha nope.
    There are drivers in each of those barges. It would be a heck of a track that swirled around the river like they did for Miley.
    Great performance, btw.

• steven.

i really need to start my trip report and post my videos and pictures....
    ahhh!

but i also really need to stop procrastinating.

hahaha.
    i've got no strings.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    Only the Columbia and the Mark twain are on tracks that they move along. As for the lighting, I believe DMX addressing allows them to be controlled via computer to do whatever the programmer wants.

The barges to have drivers that sit below the stage of the barge. They access the drivers through a hatch on the stage. If you have dinner at Hungry Bear around 6-7, you will see them dock two of the barges to the Canoe dock, and see the driver get out of the hatch.
    Ha. Did not know that. Thanks!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Fantasmic needs to hurry back. I need to get the image of girls dancing on the barges out of my head.

The lighting for Fantasmic is all programmed to the music. Next all of the cues written for the show are synced up using a show control system. There is a master go button for audio, lighting and video. The board operator is there to make sure that if something goes wrong then he/she can make on the spot changes. Such as the dragon doesn't come up.

• anything fantasmic :)

The boats are definitely not on tracks. If you watch near the place where the princesses or monkeys get off the barges on the side, you will see part of the ground of the barge lift up, and a man will get out. he is the driver. As for lighting, it is DMX controlled. They do not use a go button for the show. All the cues are run through SMPTE (ie in time with the music). However, if they wanted to, they could easily make a new file, or run the lights using submasters and effectmasters durring miley's show.

By the way, how dare Miley Cyrus dessicrate the holy Fantasmic equiptment!

• Magic Making

The show features two boards, A Whole Hog 3 and ETC Ion. The Ion is used for the conventional Fixtures and the Whole Hog 3 for the Intelligent Fixtures as well as LED fixtures on the barges, and Columbia and Mark Twain Lighting (i.e railing lights and Steamboat Mickey lighting.) The show also features a DECS scripting cue controller. If they really wanted they could just save the Fantasmic show to a disk (most likely already have many copies for backup) and reprogram another show. Then when its over, just run the show from the disk. Most boards have Floppy drives for saving shows.

They could also run the show from another board, and not use the fantasmic boards, and just tap into the shows DMX system and dimming system. THe only problem with that would be, they would have to repatch the show when going back to the shows boards.

My guess would have to be that Fantasmic uses a crap load of DMX universes with all the new lighting. With 24 Alpha Profile 1200s, 12 Alpah Wash 1200s, 4 MX-3000s on the towers, plus the DMX controlled AF1000 Strobes, those towers are pulling at least one universe. With the 3 ColorKinetics ColorBlast 12s per river box, plus all the on island ColorKinetics TR UVs, thats at least one more universe. Then with all those LEDs on the barges each individually controlled, those barges have got to be one universe each. Then the 8 Alphas (not sure how many of each per tower) on the island towers plus all the DMX controlled lighting in the downstage pit as well as under the logs and row boat and all the strobes on the island, theres another universe. Now with the new MX-3000s on the island (2 per tower and 2 behind the mill) that island itself is pulling at least one, if not two, universes.

So if they have 8 Universes, thats 4096 DMX Channels. Im quite sure that they are capable of handling just about and size show in that area. And with Wireless Dimming Systems (i.e City Theatricals WDS, and Interactive Technologies RadioDMX), they could quite easily tie into DECS's dimming systems for parkwide lighting and parade lighting.

They already had to install 3 phase control boxes in the hub, one for each of the 4 quadrants for the snow lighting in the trees.

Disney is quite capable of handling massive amounts of events, using 3 or 4 in park systems.