Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Worst Trip to Disneyland?

What was your worst trip to Disneyland?

Mine was when I went with my aunt, uncle, and 3 boy cousins from Ohio. I also went with my dad, brother, and aunt (lives like 10 minutes away). My mom went to Vegas. It was terrible. My Ohio family bossed their children around the whole time, the youngest screamed and cried because he didn't want to go on every ride like my aunt. It was so bad that my that my aunt, who lives near us, and my brother ditched us, and every time my Ohio family went to Disneyland we were in DCA, and vice versa!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Worst Trip to Disneyland?

November 1994:

We went on "Deaf Awareness Day" - my friend Jennifer was a sign language teacher........and she was able to get us all tickets for $16.

Anyway, it worked out really well because Rebecca (Jennifer's sister) and their family were moving from Anaheim to Colorado on Dec 4, and we were trying to do those 'last' special things for memories.....(Rebecca and I have been friends since Kindergarten).

Anyway, so Bec and Jen's Mom, her friend, and then some mutual friends we all had went to Disneyland. We met at the Castle at 3pm. The Lion King Parade began, and we wanted to head to PeopleMover........but had to avoid the parade.

Anyway, we were looking at the compass on the ground in front of the Castle and then as we walked off of the curb, Bec & Jen's Mom lost her footing and ended up breaking both of her ankles, her tailbone and did something to her hip. Her feet/ankles were gruesome looking. When they held the legs up, the feet dangled in the other direction....just dangled.

She was raced off via Ambulance.......it was horrible......horrible.

• Nill

Flame detector says today is rated as "extremely dangerous" in terms of fires.

I'd prefer not to answer this question, I just get tired of seeing negativeness more than 80% of the time.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

For me any trip is better than no trip at all.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    For me any trip is better than no trip at all.
    This has been my experience also.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Rather Be At Disneyland

The only time that I didn't have very much fun at Disneyland was when I went during a heat wave, the heat was just so overwhelming that we ended up spending most of the time in air conditioned buildings like the Animation Building and Coke Corner, we ended up leaving around midday because it was just too hot to walk around, we were tired and grumpy and just wanted to go home and shower.

• Keep Moving Forward

Worst day was probably this last Saturday. I spent the latter part of my evening in the park and was very grossed out by all the Miley bling.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

This happened last year. Not going to mention all that happened on the day, but suffice to say, it was bad. And then, I was in Triton Gardens, trying to be away from other people for some quiet, and thinking of what would cheer me up instantly, without a doubt. ... Country Bears!! (one of my favorite shows EVER)

But, before I made it halfway across the Hub, reality set in- they were gone.

Again, needless to say, it was a bad day.

• Sock Puppet

Nope, never had a "worst trip" to the Park.

If there is any place that you can make lemonade out of lemons, it is Disneyland!

Enjoy! (or at least try to)

Most of the time I can salvage a bad day at Disney...but the worst trip I had would be on opening day of TSMM. Wasn't very bad, but it wasn't fun to be there. Between the 6 hour line, the heat (mid to high 90's I believe...with most of the line being in the sun of course), and the crowds...I left after two hours with the only attraction I visited being the First 50 Years exhibit in the Opera House (for the A/C while I decided if I wanted to stay).

I think that's the least amount of time I've ever actually spent IN Disneyland, after opting out of the TSMM line I went straight to the opera house, and then straight out. Didn't even make it down Main Street.

Had I conned someone else into coming with me I'd have probably stayed longer, but that was just one of those days where going by yourself was a pain.

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Worst day was christmas last year...and it really wasn't anything negative about the parks....

I suffer with anxiety and claustraphobia, the park was so packed that I couldn't move and I started panicking....

I left after 20 minutes....

wasted visit!

• Far too curious

I wouldn't say it was the "worst" trip, but a majority of it was stressful. Last Spring my parents and I took my 4-year-old cousin to the park...but this boy has never seen a Disney movie in his life. He didn't want to go on any of the Fantasyland darkrides because he thought they would all be scary, in fact...he wasn't really willing to go on any rides. We had to talk him into Jungle Cruise, Storybook Land, and the Tiki Room. He also whined about us not buying him everything he wanted. Unfortunately, his parents aren't very good at disciplining him.

What made the day better was going to Coke Corner and watching one of my favorite Mad Hatters(who, sadly, is no longer working at the park) play musical chairs, then having my boyfriend show up and spending the rest of the afternoon/evening with him.

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    When they held the legs up, the feet dangled in the other direction....just dangled.
    That is a vision I won't shake easily! I assume all is well now...

About 5 years ago, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza, they were offoring a great deal. We usually stay on Harbor Blvd. We started the day OK, then about noon I started feeling ill. Told my dd that we needed to go. We walked over to get our hotel bus. The whole time I was thinking, "I can't throw up on Disneyland". I was very green at that point! Did manage to on until we got back to the hotel. Sick the next 12 hours or so. Missed a day of our vacation, food poisoning!

• Keepin' it calsteady

"Worst" is relative when we're talking about Disneyland, of course. I'd rather relive my worst trip to Disneyland than the best day I've had at the dentist, for instance.

Anyway, I was in college and went with some friends. I don't remember a lot about it, just that it wasn't fun. One of my roommates and his girlfriend were smokers, and I remember stopping constantly for them to take smoking breaks, and the entire group just didn't have a good chemistry for Disneyland. Ever since then, I've only gone to Disneyland with either my sister or my friend who may not be a Disneyland nerd, but certainly appreciates the parks.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Put in Mickey jail and kicked out of the park after one ride. I was 18 and with a friend who decided to drink at 7am before going into the park. Needless to say, he was not discrete and we all got kicked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast