Which days and how many days for DL - November

We've been to DL (last time was Dec 2007) before, but I just wanted to get advice from DL experts! We'll be in the area from 10/30 to 11/8, in the Valley from 10/30 to 11/1, and staying at the DLH from 11/1 to 11/8. Kids are 6 and 2, and DH won't be with us for this trip. We'll have various family members (that live locally) with us on and off throughout the week. Goal is just to have fun, not necessarily to do as much as possible (definitely want to try TSM)

I was thinking of getting the SoCal City Pass:

10/31 Friday - Universal (6yo wants to see Spongebob!)
    11/1 Saturday - relax, drive down to Anaheim
    11/2 Sunday - hang out with family in the area, maybe go to the beach
    11/3 Monday - DL
    11/4 Tuesday - DL
    11/5 Wednesday - Sea World
    11/6 Thursday - DL
    11/7 Friday - Wild Animal Park
    11/8 Saturday - relax

How's that sound? Should I plan for more DL days (I'd need to get something other than the SoCal City Pass if that's the case)?

Thanks!

• Future Imagineer!!

Re: Which days and how many days for DL - November

I like the sound of your trip! You're really doing a great job of getting everything you want to do in! You should be ok with 3 days in DL....especially since those days are during the week. Typically the park is way less busy from monday-friday with tuesday-thursday being the least crowded!

have a great time

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    I like the sound of your trip! You're really doing a great job of getting everything you want to do in! You should be ok with 3 days in DL....especially since those days are during the week. Typically the park is way less busy from monday-friday with tuesday-thursday being the least crowded!

have a great time

Thanks for the input! That's what I was hoping -- that the weekdays would be less busy. I will probably give in and upgrade to an Annual Pass though -- can't resist when I know we visit often. Just hate those pesky blockout dates LOL.

• mountains beyond mtns.

That's a fantastic trip that you have planned! I'm envious!

Going to USH on a Friday is a good idea as it can get crowded on Sat. and Sun. However, Halloween Horror Nights is going on and especially for 10/31, there might be a lot of traffic coming into the park (Horror Nights starts at 7pm and USH closes at 6pm). If possible, you might want to leave before 6 pm. If you get there at opening (10 am) you should have more than enough time to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    That's a fantastic trip that you have planned! I'm envious!

Going to USH on a Friday is a good idea as it can get crowded on Sat. and Sun. However, Halloween Horror Nights is going on and especially for 10/31, there might be a lot of traffic coming into the park (Horror Nights starts at 7pm and USH closes at 6pm). If possible, you might want to leave before 6 pm. If you get there at opening (10 am) you should have more than enough time to do everything.
    Thanks for the input! I thought Friday would be better for USH -- but I'm sort of a little apprehensive just because we are arriving VERY late on Thursday night. However, it isn't like the kids are going to sleep in past 8 am (and that's wishful thinking!) so getting to USH by 10 am should be feasible.

BTW, I haven't been to USH since the late 90s, so any itinerary input for USH would be appreciated! I guess I need to go research that!

Quote Originally Posted by javaj View Post
    BTW, I haven't been to USH since the late 90s, so any itinerary input for USH would be appreciated! I guess I need to go research that!
    I wouldn't worry about any type of itinerary... just wander around and have fun. We have a great picture of the family with Spongebob hanging in our youngests room .

We went to Universal Studios last year and our kids got VERY bored (ages 10, 7 and 5 at the time). There just wasn't enough things for the younger kids to do or see. IMHO most of its aimed at an older crowed.

This year we're going to LegoLand as our DL side trip.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    I wouldn't worry about any type of itinerary... just wander around and have fun. We have a great picture of the family with Spongebob hanging in our youngests room .

We went to Universal Studios last year and our kids got VERY bored (ages 10, 7 and 5 at the time). There just wasn't enough things for the younger kids to do or see. IMHO most of its aimed at an older crowed.

This year we're going to LegoLand as our DL side trip.
    I was a little worried about my really little one not having much to do! I wish Legoland were part of the So Cal City Pass!