Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough on DVD

Did anyone watch the Castle Walkthrough bonus feature on the new Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition DVD??? IT'S AMAZING!!!

They have the original walkthrough recreated, and you have the option of watching it with a Tony Baxter commentary.

Then there's also a feature about the history of the attraction. REALLY neat.

It brought back so many memories of the walkthrough.

I myself cannot WAIT for it to "re awaken" at Disneyland.

SOOO excited!!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough on DVD

Yes! I loved it! It was very interesting to see it exactly how it was originally with all the scenes that didn't even end up in the movie. I noticed there were some things that could be improved for the "reawakened" version, in terms of scene order and content. All the Pepper's Ghost effect uses were fascinating!

It makes me very excited for the new one!
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• I'm not really here

I loved how they mentioned that the final Maleficent shadow effect terrified kids. I hope they bring it back. Walt didn't pander to kids... the Snow White ride is pretty creepy and honestly, Maleficent is one seriously evil chick.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

ORWEN: I loved everything about the new DVD--although we didn't need to buy it 'cause we always conjur stuff like this up in our crystal ball. I also liked how they showed Helene Stanley doing her live action dancing, which was used for Briar Rose's dancing in the woods. Obviously they didn't trace anything from Snow White like somebody else had said on another post. They wouldn't have needed to with Helene Stanley as a model.

I've watched the first castle walkthrough on the DVD. The only thing I'd like to see in the new one is chronological order. I don't mind if they keep the Maleficent stuff there, but I hope it follows the order of the film. In other words, I want the final scene to somehow involve Phillip and Aurora.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I'll wait for it to pop up on YouTube. The same thing happened for the HMH special on the new NBC DVD.

• Minion

I was absorbed by the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough Tour on the DVD. When I was a kid in central CA, I used to go to Disneyland every year with the YMCA, so I lingered in the attractions that were most interesting to me - - and I never missed going through the castle, as Sleping Beauty was my favorite movie (along with Peter Pan and Alice). I LOVED those old dioramas - - and was heartbroken when the show changed in the late 70's unannounced. (Contrary to the video, the echo chamber was still operable up through the early 70's, as I recall kids screaming naughty words into it and running away even then).

The designs are gorgeous, as is the plan and layout of the various in-castle dramas. The only thing I wish to see added would be the Dragon battle, as seen from the windows of the castle. This would also set up the happy ending better.

To do that I would move Maleficent's bacchnal/celebration to where the "summoning scene" is (the spinning wheels scene would follow that wonderfully). - - Then create a flaming Dragon scene from Eyvind's inspirational art for that large space (which is where the dragon was added in the "doll' version"). You could peer out through layers of thorns to see the dragon blast fire at Phillip on the ledge - - and perhaps he could throw the Sword of Truth.

I had hazy memories of some of these scenes, but they flooded back vividly as I watched the video. What a treat. i can't wait to see it again.

(I do, however, like Earle's image of Aurora sleeping - in profile - better than Anderson's 3/4 view. I would use Earle's there).

• I'm not really here

Off Topic, I am sorry, but just to clarify:

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    I also liked how they showed Helene Stanley doing her live action dancing, which was used for Briar Rose's dancing in the woods. Obviously they didn't trace anything from Snow White like somebody else had said on another post.
    I think that other post might actually have been me. If so, I apologize as it was not Sleeping Beauty that copied the dance, it was Robin Hood. I realized the same thing as I was watching my copy of Sleeping Beauty. They did indeed use a live model for the Aurora reference. (The Snow White / Robin Hood part is about half way through this video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=yYt9UmastGo

Back On Topic:

I am so excited to see peoples videos of the walkthrough when it finally re-opens, and to go myself next year at Halloween time. I have vague memories of it from when I was much younger, but that is it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney Night Owl

Now that I know this is on there, I'll have to go pick it up and replace the Special Edition. Also has anyone compared the difference of the Blu-ray copy to the DVD copy? I'm just curious to see if it's a real big difference, but I think I may just stick with getting the DVD release.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Oo-de-lally

I loved it too. I bought it and watched it last night
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, yes, Mycroft16, duckling! I remember seeing some kind of special where it seemed as if the animators were almost bragging about the fact they'd traced Snow White's dancing movements for Maid Marian in Robin Hood. Wasn't that just awful, though? I mean, I like it much better when they do original animation for the characters. Oh, well, what's a mouseketeer to do? At least we still really do have a lot of original animation to be proud of.

ORDDU: The new DVD is worth purchasing for it's high definition and improved sound quality. And has anyone bothered to experience the French and Spanish languages that they offered? It's most interesting to hear how the character sound in foreign tongues!!!

ORWEN: As much as I LOVE Mary Costa's singing voice, I have to admit I loved the French version of her voice even MORE!!!

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I REALLY liked the Maleficent effect at the end...the shadow thing...it looks so creepy!! I certainly hope it comes back and that the walkthrough is focused a lot more on her. She deserves it
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Minion

ORDDU: The shadow effect with Maleficent wouldn't be quite so frightening to today's more 'grown up' children, I don't think, as it was back in the 50's. The only problem I see is that it would cause the line to back up to the point where the guests still waiting at the other end of the line would have to wait an hour or more before they got to see it, too. The line back up was also mentioned in the commentary.

ORWEN: I know! The Sleeping Beauty Castle walk thru just needs a FAST PASS to help solve that problem!

ORGOCH: Oh, yeah? Whad-a we got ta do ta solve a bigger problem like yerself? Install some Fast gas? Anything ta git rid a some dumb witch who don't know a good idea from a bad one!! There ain't no ROOM fer a fast pass inside the dang castle, ya fool!!!

• Minion

ORDDU: Truthfully, when this attraction is finally re-opened, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see lines as long as the one for Nemo to get inside. They may have to create a reservation system whereby each guest has to take turns to walk through it. It would be like an assigned audience with a royal figure.

ORWEN: That's a great idea!! It would make Aurora seem so much more important and uncommon. (Not that she was EVER common; but you know what I mean.)

I too loved the Malificent shadow effect! I'm hoping they'll bring it back...kids probably wouldn't react the same way as they did then.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast