Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Following the Second Star

Alright so, what do you LIKE at Disneyland?

There is so much complaining here, I'm sorry but its true. There's wonderful stuff at Disneyland, but you wouldn't know that just looking here.

So what do you love about Disneyland? There's got to be SOMETHING.

I love the theming of main street. Alright, maybe not inside the stores, but the outsides of it. Its beautiful, especially at night, and looking down Main Street to the castle makes me feel so at home.

So what do you like about Disneyland?

And please refrain from negative comments about the park. Please.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Alright so, what do you LIKE at Disneyland?

This is just a trick question to weed out the noobs from the Ubergeeks, isn't it?

In all actuality, Disneyland is a place that joins me and my circle of friends together. That is what I like about it.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    This is just a trick question to weed out the noobs from the Ubergeeks, isn't it?

...Maybe....

Nah, it is just a way to put some positivity here.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Positivity has no place at DL!

Make the happiness stop!

I'm...

I'm...

I'm smiling when I think of DL!

What is going on?!?!

Why don't I realize that it's not what Walt would have wanted?!?!
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Everything. Seriously, I'm not a Pessimistic Patty.
    My favorite spot to visit is Snow White's Wishing Well (even when it had dirty fish!).
    I'm gonna cheat a little bit by saying my favorite spot to sit in DCA is on the Paradise Pier entrance looking at the ducks.

Theme-wise, I love Main Street and Toontown. I'll stop here for now since I'm tired.

• =)

I don't "like" anything at Disneyland...I LOVE it!

No, but seriously, I have an amazing time every time I go. No effort is required to make that happen. (Although I do take certain steps to ensure that I get the most out of the day.) Some - but not all - things I love:

* Walking into the park in the morning. Everything's clean and crisp and the colors are just wonderful. And I've got a day in the park ahead of me.
    * Indiana Jones. Often my first attraction of the day. The theming is so incredibly immersive, including the queue, and the physical thrills make it all the more enjoyable.
    * Space Mountain. May not be the most complex attraction in the park, but it tastefully uses all the right elements and packs just the right amount of thrills.
    * The Haunted Mansion and POTC. Oh my goodness. This is Imagineering at its finest. I don't even have anything to say.
    * BTMRR. I always forget how much I love Tony Baxter's first masterpiece. Goat trick for the win. I often ride this underrated coaster two or three times in a row.
    * The Matterhorn. Jerky, yes. Old, yes. But Harold and the theming are a treat, the thrills ain't bad, and there's sentimental value like you wouldn't believe.
    * Splash Mountain. Many mixed feelings here...the AAs can be a bit too creepily cheery...but overall, I just can't help but enjoy the attraction. Particularly when things get weird in the Laughing Place and beyond.
    * NOS at night. So pretty.
    * NOS in the day. So pretty.
    * The fireworks. I don't often watch the whole of RDCT, but it easily captivates me as the best fireworks show I've ever seen.

Perhaps most importantly of all, I can experience all of these elements and many more in one place. The whole is TRULY greater than the sum of the parts, as I'm reminded on those fortunate trips when I get to ride every single one of my favorites. The resulting experience is truly amazing. The immersion and the sense of what's-around-the-corner curiosity and the nostalgia and the excitement about the future...those are what I love about Disneyland.

And because I want Disneyland to continue offering those things in ever-increasing quantities, I will continue to voice my opinions when Disney screws up.

• =)

Stupid double post. I only hit the button once...

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I'm gonna cheat a little bit by saying my favorite spot to sit in DCA is on the Paradise Pier entrance looking at the ducks.
    Personally, I think Paradise Pier looks beautiful at night. Call it my attraction to bright shiney things, but the lights make it look so preeeetttyyyy....

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    * Walking into the park in the morning. Everything's clean and crisp and the colors are just wonderful. And I've got a day in the park ahead of me.
    I can agree with that so much. I walk onto main street, take a deep breath, smell the churros, popcorn, and turkey legs, and just think "This is gonna be a fun day." Or as my friend said it "I love Disneyland air."

It's the feeling of feeling like a child again without the worries of life outside of the park.

• Keep Moving Forward

I like Disneyland just fine. It's the decisions made from the powers-that-be that irk me.

In all seriousness, while there are many thing I absolutely love about Disneyland, I have a very soft spot in my heart for Splash Mountain, most likely because I spent a good portion of my summer there.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like Disneyland for many of the reasons I like Micechat. There are tons of things I truly enjoy and there are things I'm not too fond of but I know other people like so I let them enjoy those things and I don't go there.

• Animation Domination

I love Disneyland mainly because it has so many original and new rides. It also brings back so many memories. Rides that give thrills like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Indy. Rides that make you compete against each other like BLAB and Frontierland Shooting Exposition. Some great shows that are very outdated like HISTA and Star Tours. One of my personal favorites Tiki Tiki Room that's been around a long time and is still entertaining. Rides that give you chills and are very enjoyable like POTC and HMH. My favorite land is Tomorrowland mainly because of Space Mountain and BLAB other than that it needs a very good facelift.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What I like at Disneyland is simply the act of being there. I don't need to be on a ride. I don't need to be doing anything. I just love the atmosphere, the architecture, and seeing people having fun.

Something I learned while being a CM in the old days that never left me is that we're (cm's) there to help our guests have a great time. We work while they play. And I dunno.. I got some joy out of helping people achieve that.

It's a beautiful park (except for the east side temporarily)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I love the memories of times gone by at DL.

I love the themes of the different lands and how they were so well planned out.

I love how I feel like nothing else matters when I am inside the walls of DL.

I love certain foods that I can only get there, and, I look forward to them every time.

I love that I've been going there for over 40 years and I STILL get choked up when I walk through the gates!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast