Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How Much Time Do You Spend Talking On A Cell At DL?

talk on my cell in the park-hardly ever,unless it's to meet up with someone at a certain point or place.
    text- a lot!

• Sock Puppet

They should ban cell phone use in the Park. LOL

Sure, we carry cell phones with us, but the only time that you will see us on them is if there was an emergency or if our alarm company had to call us (both have never happened, BTW).

I find it terribly annoying when folks are chatting away on their phone while waiting in line or worse yet, while on a ride!!!

Last week while enjoying POTC, the gal behind us got a call just after the second drop. She was chatting about her cat and nothing else in particular. Just talking. The whole boat HAD to listen to her! By the time we hit Davey Jones, I turned around and told her to shut the he** up and let the rest of us enjoy the ride. She told her friend that she had to go and hung up. She never said another word.

I actually got applause from a few folks on the boat!

Hey, if you want to blabber on a cell phone, find a park bench or somewhere else where your conversation won't annoy other people.

I'm getting tired of standing in lines and hearing about people's relationships, jobs, family matters and that annoying itch...

• Closed Account

Actually, I have a funny relationship with cell phone use at Disneyland.

When I first moved to Orange County and I went to the park myself a lot, I would actually make a point of using my cell phone. Never in line or on a ride, but I would pull over into a quiet corner or bench and call home pretty much every time I went. I think it's because I felt I had more privacy in the middle of a bunch of people who had better things to do than listen to me tell my Mom about trying to cook my own dinner than I did making calls at my house when my room mates might be listening in. Like I remember one of the first times I went I just sat down in by the Rivers of America in the middle of the afternoon and talked to my parents for like an hour. I think especially because I was in a new place, I just felt really comfortable at Disneyland because I knew my way around there better than the way up and down my new street, so it felt perfectly natural to sit down and talk on the phone.

I don't do it so much any more because now I usually go with friends, or if I do go by myself its because I want alone time and I don't want to call anyone.

Anyway, I think cell phone use is fine as long as you're considerate about it.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Depends on what's going on. But I don't use it or answer when I'm on Pirates or something where I share a boat with others.

• Cake Anyone?

I usually only use my cell to find out where my freinds are at. My ex though was known to make phone calls while on rides just so he could say "hey guess where I am at", drove me nutz.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Anyway, I think cell phone use is fine as long as you're considerate about it.

That's the hard part!

Way too many folks insist on leaving their considerate, common sense and responsible actions at the gate upon arriving!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    My ex though was known to make phone calls while on rides just so he could say "hey guess where I am at", drove me nutz.

Sounds like a good reason for divorce to me!

• Oo-de-lally

I can't stand when people call me when I'm at DL. I usually will ignore the call unless it's work.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Close to where a 6' mouse can climb a white mountain.

I bring mine in mainly if an emergency comes up and I need to be reached.

Oh, and I use it as a toture device. A family member has moved to Rhode Island so whenever I go into DL I take a pix of something wonderful there like the castle then send it to him with the only text being "guess where Iam?"

I've done this for like the past five weeks. I think he may hate me now.

• Do You know?

I text probably more than I should. It is mainly to see where the rest of my group is at in the park.

My phone has gone off before when I have been on a ride, but I refused to answer it (it was on vibrate). I would bother the people around me and I am trying to enjoy the experience myself.

• Lowering Expectations

I usually text instead of making calls. There are too many places in the Resort that are too loud to make yourself heard on the phone, and at any rate I'm usually not in the mood to carry out extended conversations with people that aren't in the parks with me.

I feel less "guilty" having my cell out and using it in Tomorrowland than in other lands. There's something just wrong with holding an electronic device to your face in Frontierland or New Orleans Square.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

The whole family carries them, but basically just in case we get seperated/lost. None of us ever seem to answer them unless a family member is calling. Everything else goes to voice mail, or the caller gets a I'll call you back later.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You're a wild one!
    That's what she said!

I'll bet you give audio tours of Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Pirates. Yo Ho!
    Meh, my sister is a fan of Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn. I remember trying those before...

None at all. I always go to the park with my fiance and put our phones on silent before boarding the parking tram. We figure it's the only way to get away from life for a day. Of course, we have to return calls once we leave, but usually that's late at night after the park closes.

• Banned User

Five Minutes, max. For some reason, people always call me when I'm on the first lift at Splash Mountain, or during the corridor scene in Tower of Terror.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast