Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Following the Second Star

Re: How Much Time Do You Spend Talking On A Cell At DL?

I use it sometimes. Usually to try to figure out where a friend is.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    So once again, how much time do you spend talking on a cell at Disneyland? Do you notice many if any others using theirs?
    Only enough time to talk to whoever I'm trying to meet up with to find out where and what time we're meeting.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Only enough time to talk to whoever I'm trying to meet up with to find out where and what time we're meeting.
    Most everyone seems to use their cell phones responsibly and with consideration to those around them. Shows you that us MCers are a class act. I'd still like to here a few funny responses, though.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    It's too loud there, I don't hear my phone or feel it vibrate when I'm in the parks. It drives everyone crazy that they can't reach me. And when I do make a call, I can't hear anyway, so it makes no sense to even try.

But I text like a fiend!
    Noticed all kinds of people here that text message. I just learned to tm yesterday. So stink, I find it kinda addictive.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I rarely talk on my cell. I use it only to locate people on where they are so I can meet up with them, that's about it. I tet often during sitting down on eal breaks.

• Mickeyfan3

Unless it's someone in my group that isn't with me at the moment, I don't answer mine, unless it's the people taking care of my dogs, cat, rabbit or horses. Otherwise - Disneyland is MY time!!!!!!
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• Mickeyfan3

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey View Post
    I find it strange to be at someplace like Disneyland and have the need to call and talk to 'X' about my cat or laundry... Weird.
    I keep the phone just in case there's a problem at home w/ the pets, especially the horses in case a vet needs to be called...my animals are my family. Otherwise, people can go straight to vm and I'll check it when I get around to it. I'm on vacation!!!
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

only to text my location to friends, so we all know where to meet

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

•   

I go to Disneyland to leave the real world behind, if only for a bit. Sure, do a quick dog or baby sitter check, but leave the outside world out of Disneyland.

I take my phone if I’m going with a group and we're going to split up and then meet up. Even then, it's we're meeting at so and so and it's done. It's not like I'm going to conduct business at Disneyland. If I'm going to act like I'm sitting on my couch at home or at my office, why go to Disneyland?

I think we are beginning to live in a twitter world where some folks believe that just because we can communicate every thought we have instantaneously, we should.

I'm thinking no. <g>

And your friends, while they may love you dearly, have their own busy lives to lead and really don't need (or probably even want) to know someone's every thought, every moment it pops in their head. And let's face it, most of us are just not that interesting anyway, few of us are so fascinating that our days warrant a moment by moment narration <g>
    Last edited by ktfaye; 10-16-2008 at 09:29 AM.

• Can see my car from here

I keep my blootoof on in case I get a call from some foo needin a dime bag or in case my parole officer calls. Also, as the Parade of Dreams go by, I use the loud cowbell sound from my phone to play along with all the songs. I always get looks from people who are amazed I have such good rhythm and know all the music. It's always fun and I love to improve the songs like that. I also play my cowbell in the Tiki Room and at Christmas during the candlelight procession, just so people can see my versatility. But other than that, I really don't see the need to use my phone in the park.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Disney Pinapple Princess

I only use mine if the hubby and I get seperated. I will only answer if it is my mom (who calls me every once in a while, I get scared when she does) and I only text when it's down time (at the bar) the Hubby will only answer when its work or his family (they rarely call too, for the same reason)

We try to spend the day enjoying each others company...before we have kids.
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Never!

• Minion

Used mine this past Saturday to call my wife elsewhere in the park. I also have been known to call family to rub my Disneyland experience in their faces....err...ummm...I mean to share My phone is on silent if I'm at the park, but I do have it. I would never talk on it on a ride, but if someone needs to reach out and touch someone from a bench somewhere...more power to them.

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyfan3 View Post
    I keep the phone just in case there's a problem at home w/ the pets, especially the horses in case a vet needs to be called...my animals are my family. Otherwise, people can go straight to vm and I'll check it when I get around to it. I'm on vacation!!!
    Hi Mickeyfan3!

I agree with you regarding animals as family (Ohana)! I love dogs, and if I anything was wrong with my dog, yes ~ I'd want to know pronto! It would probably be one of the rare occasions I would give out my number and leave my phone on... Alas, I do not own a dog yet ~ big responsibility!

When I said that I find it strange to be at someplace like Disneyland and have the need to call and talk to 'X' about my cat... I was referring to an earlier post where someone was talking about being in line and listening to someone talking about their cat in general terms, like their cat likes to play with a certain toy etc... not that their cat was in danger or crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by ktfaye View Post
    I go to Disneyland to leave the real world behind, if only for a bit. Sure, do a quick dog or baby sitter check, but leave the outside world out of Disneyland.

I take my phone if Iím going with a group and we're going to split up and then meet up. Even then, it's we're meeting at so and so and it's done. It's not like I'm going to conduct business at Disneyland. I'm going to act like I'm sitting on my couch at home or at my office, why go to Disneyland?

I think we are beginning to live in a twitter world where some folks believe that just because we can communicate every thought we have instantaneously, we should.

I'm thinking no.

And your friends, while they may love you dearly, have their own busy lives to lead and really don't need (or probably even want) to know someone's every thought, every moment it pops in their head. And let's face it, most of us are just not that interesting anyway, few of us are so fascinating that our days warrant a moment by moment narration
    Hi ktfaye!

Yes, I totally agree with you! We are definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to cell phone use ~ quick call, and over. You managed to say all that I couldn't... Thank you!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Let's face it, cell phones have become an extension of ourselves. It's convenient to take them along with us wherever we go. Many of us probably use them the majority of the time when we are driving - a definate "no no".

When I'm at Disneyland, I use my cell frequently - perhaps a little too much. I'll be talking to family and friends about what all I'm doing instead of just enjoying myself. I even accidentally walked into somebody while distracted as a result of talking on the phone once. My baaaad!

I frequently see others on cells at the park as well. Saw somebody on the Snow White ride using one. Think they must have been trying to get ahold of the evil queen.

So once again, how much time do you spend talking on a cell at Disneyland? Do you notice many if any others using theirs?
    Haven't bothered to read the whole thread, but I've found that texting in order to plan meet-ups is a lot easier than hoping to get through (some buildings are impossible to get reception), hoping to be able to hear (some oplaces are too loud), or leaving a message to call back, only to find yourself in one of those no-reception buildings and eventually calling for audio messages.
    I'm at Disneyland to soak up Disneyland. I go once or twice a year, so I'm not going to waste any time talking on a phone, unless it is to rub in the fact that I'm at Disneyland to someone who would rather be there than wherever they're at. (Usually out-of-town friends, to get them to move back home.)
    If I get calls, I'm off to the side or in a shop or walking slowly, allowing others to pass. Never answering while on an attraction. Whatever the information is, it can wait until I'm free.
    And my work is not critical enough to require me to be available at all times.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast