Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

How Much Time Do You Spend Talking On A Cell At DL?

Let's face it, cell phones have become an extension of ourselves. It's convenient to take them along with us wherever we go. Many of us probably use them the majority of the time when we are driving - a definate "no no".

When I'm at Disneyland, I use my cell frequently - perhaps a little too much. I'll be talking to family and friends about what all I'm doing instead of just enjoying myself. I even accidentally walked into somebody while distracted as a result of talking on the phone once. My baaaad!

I frequently see others on cells at the park as well. Saw somebody on the Snow White ride using one. Think they must have been trying to get ahold of the evil queen.

So once again, how much time do you spend talking on a cell at Disneyland? Do you notice many if any others using theirs?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: How Much Time Do You Spend Talking On A Cell At DL?

None. Couldn't pay me to carry one!

• =)

Depends on who I'm with and what's going on in the "real world", but I generally try to limit my cell phone use in the park. I do, however, tend to call loved ones if I'm about to experience a ride that they love - sometimes the old audio-tour-over-the-phone trick works out.

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

If I can get away with it, I don't even bring mine in.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I only use mine when the group is trying to gather back together. (One time, we were all "in front of Pirates", but the crowds kept us from finding each other; we ultimately regrouped at the gates of the HM, where traffic was less crazy.)
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

I don't use it in the parks but will check my v-mail and call back anyone that I feel can't wait until I get home.

• Banned User

I hardly EVER talk on my cell at DL. That time, for me, is vacation time. And, I have planned to be at DL. Why talk on the phone?

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I'll answer my phone if I'm getting a call and I'm in an appropriate place to do so (like not on a boat in POTC or something like that).

Or, if I feel I should call someone for whatever reason. Like the day of the first Pirates premiere I had no idea it was happening. I just went to the park for a couple hours after work and saw all of the hoopla. I called my GF and sister to get up there immediately, and they were glad I did. Johnny Depp kissed my GF's (now wife) hand.

But I'm definitely not one to walk around talking to people on my phone just for the sake of conversation.

• We Want The Redhead

Only to connect with my wife and daughter if we're doing seperate attractions, or to let her know when I'm leaving the park and heading home at the end of a visit. Easily under 5 minutes per visit, but then I hate the darned thing anyway...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is actually a fairly interesting question. Cell phones have changed our lives emmensely, and this is really evident at DL. Whereas before cell phones families and freinds had to stick together, now they are able to split off, and can keep in touch with each other via their cell phones.

That being stated I rarely talk on my cell phone when I'm in the park. If I do, it's mainly to find out where one of my freinds are. It's usually a quick, "Where are you?" and them the conversation ends.

I find that the embient noise is usually too loud for me to hold a long conversation. Most of the park is so loud that I can barely hear a conversation, so if I do talk, I keep things to a minimum. I actually prefer texting for that reason. But sometimes you just have to call them.

And one other thing. True Disney freaks can navigate the DLR while talking on their cell phones or texting without bumping into anyone. You can tell who the frequent visitors are by looking at the guests texting away on their phones as they walk down Main Street!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    None. Couldn't pay me to carry one!
    Good for you, swabby. I'm proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Depends on who I'm with and what's going on in the "real world", but I generally try to limit my cell phone use in the park. I do, however, tend to call loved ones if I'm about to experience a ride that they love - sometimes the old audio-tour-over-the-phone trick works out.
    You're a wild one! I'll bet you give audio tours of Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Pirates. Yo Ho!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm not really here

I rarely talk on my phone OUTSIDE of Disneyland. I do take it in. It's used if our group decides to split up for any reason. It is put on to vibrate while in the parks though so that it never rings and interrupts a ride. I never answer it when I'm on a ride (if it's important, they leave a message or will call back).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Senior Minion

I don't really talk on my cell in the park, I use text messages instead.

• Goofy

not much at all but i only use my cell to play some games.

We use our cell phones to communicate with members of our disneyland group. Sort of like walkie talkies.

I pitty the fools who stand around in line talking with some friend that is not at the park. Think about how that must be for their friend/spouse standing next to them!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast