Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

How's Indy doing?

I know over the summer, Chatters were reporting that Temple of the Forbidden Eye was having a lot of mechanical issues, and there were rumors of the ride going down for refurb in October. Checking the Disneyland calendar, I don't see it marked as closed, and there haven't been any threads in the past week or or, so have they worked out the bugs? Or is the ride still having issues?
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: How's Indy doing?

How's Indy doing?
    He's fine. He had a little gastrointestinal problem a while back but now he's as good as new.

Oh you meant the ride.

Too many churros will do that. He's not as young as he used to be.

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I was on the ride Wednesday and it was fabulous!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

When you get on it it's awesome as always. Still breaks down a lot more often now though.

• Oo-de-lally

Two weeks ago I rode it and it was great. Everything was working great
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Woohoo! Thanks, gang; that's the news I was hoping to hear.

Duckland

• revolutionary waltz

Only problem I've ever seen on Indy for me is the end spiel is never correctly aligned with what you went into the temple for. The voice always says the fountain of youth version and never anything else. Although I must say, I'm overjoyed that the last time I went on they didn't have those weird blacklights that are easily visible just sitting there. (:

• DCA FTW!

Rode it yesterday and everything was running great. And has been since its programing update/fix.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Only problem I've ever seen on Indy for me is the end spiel is never correctly aligned with what you went into the temple for. The voice always says the fountain of youth version and never anything else.
    ugh, that bothers me too!

This spring it was always hit or miss for me what was working or not. Someweeks everything was just how it was supposed to be, other weeks the room wouldn't move, the smoke wouldn't work, the boulder was off-time, fangs were missing, and lights were burned out everywhere. It always eventually gets repaired, I guess. Sounds like it's about the same, just on the working side right now, judging by everyones' reports. Frequent 101s but still a ride that usually in pretty good shape...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Ditto on that when I rode last weekend. That, and, of course, there is always only one Eye of Mara that has smoke in the beginning sequence (I still say they should redo that first statue using the Golden Dreams Whoopee technology to have the face go from calm to angry)

Otherwise, it was running great.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Only problem I've ever seen on Indy for me is the end spiel is never correctly aligned with what you went into the temple for. The voice always says the fountain of youth version and never anything else. Although I must say, I'm overjoyed that the last time I went on they didn't have those weird blacklights that are easily visible just sitting there. (:

He's a little depressed since they booted him out of Disneyland at the end of the summer season. He's working at the Starbucks on Ball and Harbor now.

• Problem Child/Rocker

anybody have good pics of the lava pool?
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I have been at the Park for the last several Mondays and on only one of those days was everything working like it should. A couple of weeks ago the first room you come to where you have the three choices - it was totally dark and the heads were barely lit up. Then two weeks ago that room looked great and we actually went into the "left" side door, which it hardly ever does for me. This last Monday when we got there shortly after 2 it was down. Later it was up and this time as we rounded the corner the "middle" door was wide open. I looked behind me and it never closed and the next car was coming in. I will say the rest of the ride appears to be working fine, not stopping and starting like it did over the summer.

And by the way, can I just say how much I love the single rider line

• Thanks, Ollie

I rode during the Miley S16 event, and we stalled three different times. Once after the rat branch smoke illusion for maybe two minutes, again at the beginning of the dart room and lastly at the turn right after the boulder escape but before you see the last Indy AA.

The swinging bamboo rope that moves the spiked ceiling in the queue hasn't worked for months and the music in our vehicle didn't work either.

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, and it might just be that I ride this attraction so often, but I'm pretty sure that it has been slowed down drastically. (The place I notice it most is the Gates of Doom room, the first place we see an Indy AA.) Can anyone confirm that?

I'm not nitpicking, I swear. I love this attraction and I really hope TDA will give it the love and upkeep such an innovation deserves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast