Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2015
  1. #1516

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,643

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    seriously.. what is the point of arguing all this when you don't know the real facts.

    And NOTHING is final until its done. All this garbage about budgets, etc.

    Here's a thought for you. When you get laid off... your salary was already budgeted and allocated for.. yet, they still laid you off. Are you going to try to use an internet discussion board defense to get your job back that the money was already budgeted?

    This discussion is comical. Overages are common. Changes in plans.. common. Having to change the plan because of things learned in manufacturing or implementation... common.

    Stop taking the prophet's words as gospel. The projects are already green lit and in progress so they don't want to stop them and throw money away, for many things they are past the point of no return - that means NOTHING in terms of what they are willing to do operationally to implement the projects or make changes or add/drop things supporting the greater concepts.

    The amount of 'facts' in the last 50 or so pages in this thread wouldn't fill a shot glass.

    People need to stop thinking they are part of project management and just enjoy the ride and FACTUAL updates that come down the line.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  2. #1517

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    seriously.. what is the point of arguing all this when you don't know the real facts.

    And NOTHING is final until its done. All this garbage about budgets, etc.

    Here's a thought for you. When you get laid off... your salary was already budgeted and allocated for.. yet, they still laid you off. Are you going to try to use an internet discussion board defense to get your job back that the money was already budgeted?

    This discussion is comical. Overages are common. Changes in plans.. common. Having to change the plan because of things learned in manufacturing or implementation... common.

    Stop taking the prophet's words as gospel. The projects are already green lit and in progress so they don't want to stop them and throw money away, for many things they are past the point of no return - that means NOTHING in terms of what they are willing to do operationally to implement the projects or make changes or add/drop things supporting the greater concepts.

    The amount of 'facts' in the last 50 or so pages in this thread wouldn't fill a shot glass.

    People need to stop thinking they are part of project management and just enjoy the ride and FACTUAL updates that come down the line.

    DISCUSSION BOARD = DISCUSSION. You know, exchanging ideas and comments. If people want to continue DISCUSSING issues of interest, please let them.

  3. #1518

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    624

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Yes, all of this is totally reasonable and the right thing to do. They are obviously going to focus a whole lot more of their attention on TLM, Carsland, new entrance... rather than focusing on just a revamp of what's already there. Sure what's there now isn't nearly up to par with what will eventually be around it, but I think we should discuss more the other areas rather than argue about the budget for the Pier. With the Pier and with everything else... everything is pretty much considered up in the air. So let's just wait it out on the Pier... we'll find out eventually what its fate is.



  4. #1519

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,643

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    DISCUSSION BOARD = DISCUSSION. You know, exchanging ideas and comments. If people want to continue DISCUSSING issues of interest, please let them.
    when people start discussing topics based in fact.. it will get back to interesting. When people make up their own reality because they have no real attachment to the truth - its comical.

    You do realize when people in the know read these types of things they make the posters look like fools. Know the difference between speculation and making up your own facts. That's what's failing here - keeping that separation. People passing what they THINK as what they KNOW. Very different ideas.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  5. #1520

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Someone needs a nap!

  6. #1521

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,217

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    It's very true though... we simply don't know much of anything at this incredibly early stage. Plans are VERY fluid and they change almost daily. Budgets flex and grow and shrink all the time as costs rise and fall. A set back in building an animatronic sends one budget up several million and that money has to come from somewhere. They don't appropriate new funds for that kind of thing, it has to come from somewhere else in the project. There are priorities and things that can be done without for now. (Emphasis on the for now. This isn't going to be the last project for DCA.)

    Painting railings green may be nothing more than a test to see how it really works in the real world. It may be a weather treatment of some sort. There are endless possibilities... to say that you are losing faith when they have barely begun is truly a bit naive. We simply do not know enough.

    There is a difference in discussion and rampant speculation. Discussion revolves around the facts that we know and trying to interpret, logically and based in facts, what this could mean. Rampant speculation usually involves a "band wagon" sort of mentality and involves little to no critical thought. It is almost always based around a rumor and usually spirals quickly out of control. More or less how the reactions to the green railing earlier did. There was no pause to try to figure out what was going on. There was no attempt to think of different causes. It simply went from green railing to WDI obviously doesn't care in a handful of posts. This is not discussion.

    Discussion also involves learning from mistakes and learning from others. If parties in a discussion refuse to let go of ideas, it is no longer a discussion. In a discussion you present your ideas in a way that is logical, you back them up with facts and evidence and show why they are correct. Then you listen attentively and politely while the other parties make their own assertions. At this point you have several differing camps and you can banter back and forth the various points, often times coming to some hybrid conclusion involving elements of all the points. Sometimes, you learn that you are wrong and you come away wiser. Sometimes you are right, and you have helped others, in their turn, to become wiser.

    Discussion is sharing and growing. Speculation is greedy and doesn't share. No one grows from idle speculation. Please, let's discuss things.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  7. #1522

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,175

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    There could be any number of reasons for changes. Changes to the budget, inability to do work because of scaffolding or how about, the walkway/pier didn't make any sense as The World of Color show design became finalized. it wouldn't surprise me at all that this would be in a bad place for the fountain and projections and would require closing it off every night or something along those lines.
    The Mur
    ______________________________________________
    Two different worlds.....we live in two different worlds

  8. #1523

    • Done waiting!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    943

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The amount of 'facts' in the last 50 or so pages in this thread wouldn't fill a shot glass.
    Ahem, I believe you mean "toothpick holder." Shot glasses do not exist at the DLR.

    I agree with you though.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.


    By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

  9. #1524

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    raises hand
    Thanks, Baloo. You rock!

  10. #1525

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Anyone else notice that the railings have different designs also??? Or was it always like that and im just being stupid?

  11. #1526

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just a quick remark in regards to painting when it comes to Disney constructions. They are never final. WDI enjoys painting things certain colors to get ideas for color schemes or to see if the colors look the same in real life as on paper. Take for instance the Midway Mania queue. Anyone remember how many times the queue was painted. Colors changed constantly. The color scheme in many of the supports and outside walls changed while construction was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    So you are saying the Fun Wheel's railings very well could change their colors?
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Painting railings green may be nothing more than a test to see how it really works in the real world. It may be a weather treatment of some sort. There are endless possibilities... to say that you are losing faith when they have barely begun is truly a bit naive. We simply do not know enough.
    my first thought when seeing the green color was that it was simply a primer. Seeing as how the railings are right along the water front and very likely could get wet during World of Color, it makes sense to protect the metal that is there so it doesn't rust underneathe the eventual actual color that is used. Green is a very common primer color and probably means the railings will be dark in color when they are completed.

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  12. #1527

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Why is this thread so full of drama? Can't we just wait for news?
    Maybe because Disney has been amazingly consistent in disappointing us in the past. It's always about the almighty damned budget. Well, the budget is not some commandment handed down from the heavens; the budget is whatever Disney decides it is. Sure would be nice if they could surprise us for once, instead of being depressingly true to form.

  13. #1528

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,217

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Maybe because Disney has been amazingly consistent in disappointing us in the past. It's always about the almighty damned budget. Well, the budget is not some commandment handed down from the heavens; the budget is whatever Disney decides it is. Sure would be nice if they could surprise us for once, instead of being depressingly true to form.
    While the budget is whatever Disney decides it is... Disney has decided. The budget went through countless reviews and meetings and proposals and many other steps as well before it was settled on. Many things that were in the original proposals were cut, on purpose, in order to secure the budget that they did. Going back and getting more money approved is a nightmare and usually spells the end of your career. The budget goes through so many meetings and compromises that by the time it is green-lit, it IS set in stone. Over-runs happen, and often, but it never looks good. The goal is to get it done, on time and with the money you were given.

    Disney has disappointed in the past because they have allotted paltry sums to do anything, or have simply don't nothing at all. DCA was designed primarily by a corporate retreat, NOT Imagineering. WDI just got handed the project and a really sad sum and told to make it work. And given the circumstances, they didn't do too poorly. They built exactly what the executives wanted, an 800 million dollar outdoor mall.

    Things have altered slightly since then. The merger with Pixar put some VERY creative people into very high positions of power. Steve Jobs on the board, John Lasseter in with Bob Iger as chief Creative Consultant. Bob Weiss is back. Instead of some lame "place making" that was going to happen, north of one billion dollars has been green-lit for a 1st phase makeover with more planned for the future expansion of the resort.

    DCA is integral to DLR expansion, and Disney knows this. Without a working and beautiful DCA, any future resort expansion may as well be abandoned right now. Just because plans change and timelines alter or projects are shifted to a future phase does not mean they are doing a crappy or half-hearted job. It means that things are being changed and shifted around. When ALL is said and done we will be able to judge, but we really can't before then, because we simply do not have even 1% of the information necessary.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  14. #1529

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beverly Hills Ca
    Posts
    272

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    (Taking a deep breath, some of those response are lonnngggg)

    DCA will Rock in the future.

    Done.

  15. #1530

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beverly Hills Ca
    Posts
    272

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

    (Taking a deep breath, some of those response are lonnngggg)

    DCA will Rock in the future.

    Done.


    Double Post sorry....oh yeah and maybe the water was going to root all that wood, i dont know. Like someone said lets talk and not ramble on and on. People

    DCA will Rock Soon.
    Last edited by disneysnout; 01-20-2009 at 10:58 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
  2. 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
  3. 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
  4. 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
  5. 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
  6. 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM
  7. 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
  8. 10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
  9. 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
  10. 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
  11. 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
  12. 10-19-2008, 02:44 PM
  13. 10-19-2008, 10:01 AM
  14. 10-19-2008, 12:08 AM
  15. 10-18-2008, 02:53 PM
  16. 10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
  17. 10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
  18. 10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
  19. 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
  20. 10-16-2008, 03:29 AM
  21. 10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
  22. 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
  23. 10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
  24. 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
  25. 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM
  26. 10-15-2008, 05:15 AM
  27. 10-15-2008, 02:34 AM
  28. 10-14-2008, 11:35 PM
  29. 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
  30. 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
  31. 10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
  32. 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
  33. 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
  34. 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
  35. 10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
  36. 10-14-2008, 06:54 AM
  37. 10-13-2008, 10:16 PM
  38. 10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
  39. 10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
  40. 10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
  41. 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
  42. 10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
  43. 10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
  44. 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
  45. 10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
  46. 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM
  47. 10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
  48. 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
  49. 10-13-2008, 02:06 PM
  50. 10-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2032
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
  2. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2008
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
  3. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2018
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  4. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2074
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
  5. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2043
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •