Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398 ... LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    So they discuss it in the California Adventure Project Tracker thread?
    I did not bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    Don't worry, there will be a phase II. I have no idea if anything's been inked yet, but I think we can count on a phase II. Even if it's ten more years down the road and it's one ride, we can say, "Look! There's phase II!"
    And my sources are optimism with a little bit of humor.
    I remember reading somewhere that part of the money allocated for phase I was spent on the R&D for the phase II projects. In any case, I'm sure it's most dependent on how phase I is received by the public.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    In any case, I'm sure it's most dependent on how phase I is received by the public.
    In that case, there will definitely be a phase II, especially after the Little Mermaid ride and and AA hair make their debut!
    Oo-de-lally!

Look at the History of Disneyland...there is going to be a Phase III, and IIII. Disney is going to see How many people show up to see World of Color.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    Look at the History of Disneyland...there is going to be a Phase III, and IIII. Disney is going to see How many people show up to see World of Color.
    From everything I've heard Disney is not expecting WoC to have a significant impact on number of guests, but rather extend the length of average daily visit time and balance out the numbers of people park hopping at night. They're waiting for the big draws, TLM and RSR to really pull in the crowds and see the full impact of phase one. However, I basically agree with you that in all likelyhood DCA will see several more phases of expansion over the coming years.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    From everything I've heard Disney is not expecting WoC to have a significant impact on number of guests, but rather extend the length of average daily visit time and balance out the numbers of people park hopping at night.
    That's what I've heard as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    IIII.
    IV

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

From everything I've heard Disney is not expecting WoC to have a significant impact on number of guests, but rather extend the length of average daily visit time and balance out the numbers of people park hopping at night. They're waiting for the big draws, TLM and RSR to really pull in the crowds and see the full impact of phase one. However, I basically agree with you that in all likelyhood DCA will see several more phases of expansion over the coming years.

I think they're underestimating their chances. I think a show like that would get a lot more bodies that wouldn't typically come to a theme park to check it out.

I mean think about it... at long last there's something that can entertain ALL ages, ALL body types, etc etc.

And it's not a ride that can cycle people through... it's a show that's gonna get a lot of extra bodies into the park just to see it. It's gonna be huge.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think they're underestimating their chances. I think a show like that would get a lot more bodies that wouldn't typically come to a theme park to check it out.

I mean think about it... at long last there's something that can entertain ALL ages, ALL body types, etc etc.

And it's not a ride that can cycle people through... it's a show that's gonna get a lot of extra bodies into the park just to see it. It's gonna be huge.
    I hope so, and think you may be right, but I'm just saying what I've heard their expectations are. I think with this entire DCA project their trying to be realistic and not get their hopes up too high. Certainly WDI wants to keep management's expectations low, so if it does better than expected they can use it as support for moving ahead with phase 2. I think it will certainly mean far more people in DCA at night, but I'm not sure how that will translate into admission sales or if it will just shift where APs and hoppers are spending their time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

I think it will definitely draw in extra people who otherwise might not have come... initially. But long term, it's not going to draw new attendance. It will simply be another night time entertainment option instead of just the Fireworks. This will spread the crowd out so Main Street isn't so packed. Some of that crowd will be over at the Paradise Pier Lagoon. In order for this to happen, and they know this, WoC has got to be one damn impressive show. So I have a lot of high expectations for it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

If WoC is expected to keep guests in DCA longer, I hope that "eventually" DCA can get the same park hours as DL. And if it also helps keep people from leaving DCA immediately after the MSEP ends and then overcrowding the entrance gates and Main Street of DL right *at* fireworks time, I think it will be considered extremely positive.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    If WoC is expected to keep guests in DCA longer, I hope that "eventually" DCA can get the same park hours as DL. And if it also helps keep people from leaving DCA immediately after the MSEP ends and then overcrowding the entrance gates and Main Street of DL right *at* fireworks time, I think it will be considered extremely positive.
    That is the plan as far as I know, and it is a sorely needed one. It would be so wonderful if it is that amazing of a show that it keeps and holds people in DCA till later. Couple that with a good number of new attractions and more things to do and see and you have a park that finally could have hours closer to Disneyland's.

• Banned User

I don't think they'd close both parks at the same time, as that would result in people pouring out of both parks at once, causing a really big traffic jam & long lines for the trams.

• Senior Minion

I basically agree. I'd prefer if eventually DCA would open as it does and stay open an hour later than DL. That would be nice and give them a chance to show two or three showings of WoC on busy nights. It definitely has the potential to thin out the crowds at DL at night. Right now DL just becomes a zoo the longer the night goes on, on the weekends especially. I know I personally would spend more Friday nights at the parks if DL didn't get so crowded and DCA was open later.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Well, that's what they expected from Main Street Electrical Parade when they put that into DCA.

Unless the entire park improves, people will just drop by for the show and then go beck to DL.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
  2. 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
  3. 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
  4. 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
  5. 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
  6. 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM
  7. 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
  8. 10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
  9. 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
  10. 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
  11. 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM